Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Sensibile Somalilanders need to follow the new FM

Abtigiis   

I have been both footloose and untidy in my comments to my next of kins from Puntland. With the rise of a new breed of leaders from the civilized side of Puntland, it is time my goodwill extends to all in honour of the new reign of aristocracy. I share nothing with aristocracy in my humble lineage. But having witnessed the rule of the wretched exemplified by Yey, I opt for the nobility purely because of the law of opposites. I mauled the kins and kith of Yey in SOL, who still bear deeply etched scars. To their delight, those I scalded often gave back – stoutly and heftily too - which is why I carry multiple lacerations: by body, by soul. I accept the retribution; I accept the risks, all the time absorbing the blows with surprising equanimity. To the man, to the woman, they will tell you that looser than my restless feet has been my mouth in the hand. In rer-Mudud parlance they say "I have a mouth!" I agree and take the charge, one perfectly understood and accepted when retributive persecution comes.

Needless to say where a suppurating wound bursts open, puss splatters, often landing on unsuspecting lips and even tongues. So those that got hurt in the process were the collateral in this great exploration and clash of ideas and issues, themselves my chief preoccupation. These hurt bodies and souls were never the focus of the mental action behind my posts. That is why Gheele T needs to ease up; that is why Emperor needs to understand me. If you thought this sounds valedictory, you guessed right. I intend to leave the Punties alone for sometime, until they came back with one of their trademark silly hegemonic addictions. But I have been a noisy character. I cannot bow out with a mere whimper. I can not bow out without telling Duke and that acerbic Qalbi-adeyg that theirs was a vision of domination, mine was a vision of equality.

I leave the Punties alone, to concentrate on the real spoilers – the neighbours in the North. It is to be welcomed that prominent among the new crop of leaders in Somalia is one Mohamed Abdullahi Omar, the Foreign Minister. Seriously, they don’t think this is not going to have any impact on their search for that grail they call independence, I call it reclusiveness!! Will it not matter when the man from educated family of Rage Omar goes to Washington, resplendent in dark suits and not in fluffy cummaamad and tells them he is indeed from Somaliland and yet a Somali from Somalia? Will it not matter when he disembodies the false incompatibility between the two? Tell that to the gangs who are sucking the port dues from Berbera, injecting an anesthesia of ‘recognition on the door’ to the unlearned masses, but not to me! Even that nefarious Ngonge must be shivering inside.

My case with this new Government of Somalia is the case of the parent whose daughter married the village scoundrel. He objects to it, but he knows it is her wish and he can’t stop it. Somalia needed a government of some sort, not perfect, not just, but a beginning. It has one. I have lots of misgivings about the person of Sheikh Hotel and mainly the continued survival of Adan Black (the evil of bay.dh.abo) who is the only speaker of Parliament who can accurately 'count' how many has voted for a motion amid blazing pandemonium. He is the man who is probably responsible for bringing back dead woods like Xaabsade and Shati-gudud, with the pretense that as the wakiil of the Beesha, he needs to bring the list of those to be nominated from his clan.

But all this misgivings are nothing compared to the unity of the Somali nation, which is a sacrosanct ideal nowadays ridiculed by ego-maniac clansmen from some parts of the country. You look at the mood of these creatures whenever good seems to be coming from the south, and you see faces darkening with agony. Then, you begin to understand their nihilistic prescriptions for the people in the south. Is it the recklessness of a rotting lot, whose horizon is shrinking by the day? They are currently in agony over the unmoving dictator and the elusive recognition. They are in agony over the sane calls from the sane among them on reunification and reexamination of the verities of yesterday and today. And of course a life in present agonies tends to look back romantically. So, SNM days are being talked about. The Burco UDI (unilateral declaration of Independence) is dusted from shelves. Ululating women are summoned to uplift dampened spirits. JB and RedSea are sent to stifle healthy website discussions with chants of untested, unscriutised grand ideas and larger models which they tout with the ease of presumed impeccability.

Did anyone notice I actually agreed with Xinnfanin about Sheikh Shariif, never mind the tedious logic he uses to persuade us? Will Ngonge ever stop putting ideas on either plot A or B depending where he stands on the issue, and will he see the need to take them at face value? This idea of tattooing ideas, pigeon -holing them, slotting them after the easy and unthinking dichotomies of politics, must end if we are to creep towards maturity as a thinking society. Think of Augustan England: the fury with which ideas clashed, yielding the Alexander Popes, the Jonathan Swifts, etc, etc. Flaming intellect, furious intellect cannot be a curse for a nation that hopes to cut edges. The essence of progress is a challenge to orthodoxy, a refusal to accept things and ideas as you have received them. An urge to challenge certainties. It is easy for dreamy somalilanders to leap with rage to lynch me for denuding their worthless quest, but it is wise if they could reflect on the merits of going it alone at this age and time. It is time they take the queue behind the educated and sensible among them –like Mohamed Abdullahi Omar, and not the rascals who only know how to bleed and to make others bleed. And certainly not behind the merchants of Qaahira, who spend most of their foreign visits in cafes and hotels, obviously in tireless 'search' for 'recognition'. Wink at Riyale for being that xarrif!!

NGONGE   

Bravo! Nicely written nonsense. :D

You had more bullets when you were 'attacking' Puntland, saaxib. smile.gif

As for Sh. Hotel, I stick to my original opinion of the man, naive and gullible. Of course he may prove me wrong (and I truly hope he does) but the signs, despite your absurd optimism, are not (thus far) in his favour.

AYOUB   

Let's those who - unlike A&T - have not perfected the 180° double-twist wait and see what the latest imported government comes up with before commenting. smile.gif

As for Mr. Oomaar, not a bad choice by her. :D

Abtigiis   

Ayoub, double-twist from which point to which? BTW, what kind of government will be acceptable to you? Or it is that you are serious in thinking that that blended Italian flag you wave is going to last?

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

I can not bow out without telling Duke and that acerbic Qalbi-adeyg that theirs was a vision of domination, mine was a vision of equality.

:D Hold on a second, you must be high on caano boore. What's with the character assassination old man?

Hibo   

Mr. A&T,

Adeer, I see that you are still gamely trying your utmost best to create an awe-inspiring mountain of an argument out of a miserable molehill of a mind-numbing drivel (to say the least). Particularly, with this sort of nonsense of yours, in which you, rather shamelessly, have presented to us political cognoscenti of SOL.... :D

And, therefore, that, as you may understand it, is ever the pity, since I know that you are more than capable of settling yourself for something that is bit more intellectually higher than what this sort of drivel will indicate, in a round-about-sort of way, indeed, to any unsuspecting person in here of SOL.

In other words, did it ever occurred to you, even in passing, that, this version of hiring any passer-by of the sort that is essentially the kind that can be called as that of a “politically-opportunist-mercenary-carpet-bagger” from Somaliland for any going concern political post in Somalia (with her latest foreigner-designed government) has always been the “modus operandi” of the “political folks” – i.e., the elites - of Somalia.

Since, this latest version of appointing Mr. Oomar as the FM of Somalia seems to follows a well-trodden path of this kind of political mendacity, in which the likes of Mr. Buubaa before him in this FM post, or even Mr. Kaluun (who was once a deputy prime-minister to then TNG's government), and others from Somaliland have genuinely perfected it.

Particularly as a detriment of those “political folks” of Somalia, who in turn, could never understand that no amount of appointing Somalilanders into any going government of Somalia, will ever likely take away the political agenda of our independence from the political scene, at all.

All in all, it’s pity, really, since it's the case that after all these years, the “political folks” of Somalia are still running around, like so much of a headless chicken with this “one-trick-political-card” of theirs. Particularly with the hope of thinking that in Somaliland her destiny or at least what shall becomes of her, simply revolves around as to “who-is-who” of "the latest government" of Somalia.

But, be that as it may, I really do not expect you to understand this argument of mine, particularly as to how miserably contemptible this silly political argument that others have perfected in Somalia really do come across to us in Somaliland.

In fact, I would go as far as to say, that if Somalia decides to "appoint" a whole government (in terms of it's cabinet officers) which is solely made of a complete list of Somalilanders, I can safely say, that really, would not have made a blind bit of difference to our political aspiration of the independence kind, in the least of it.

Not that I expect you to understand the finer sense of that argument to begin with, in the first place, since to you, the idea of Somaliland's independence is something akin to an argument between "two brothers" which in turn, can be smooth it over, with the sense of "equally sharing" the "family loot" that they both have inherited from their parents.

Instead of seeing for what it is, which is that of an argument between "two brothers", in which one of them - i.e., Somaliland - is determine (come high-water or hell) to go his separate way from the "stultifying and the deadening hug" of the other one, indeed.... :D

Regards,

Oodweyne.

Abtigiis   

The only thing good about Oodweyne's post above is that he is alive and back to SOL. We heard he was wounded fighting Colonel Sabarey's gallant SSC forces. It is good to know he is well.

Originally posted by Al-Haji Abtigiis & Tolka:

The only thing good about Oodweyne's post above is that he is alive and back to SOL. We heard he was wounded fighting Colonel Sabarey's gallant SSC forces. It is good to know he is well.

Can you firm that its true that ONLF was for powersharing with Zenawi in the '90? And now its against powersharing?

What happened? what changed?

Abtigiis   

Can you confirm Somaliland joined South Somalia on July 1960, and SL officers attempted to break away in 1961? Which they did in 1991, anyway.

Oodweyne,

Niyohow qarxis baad tahay. Aniguna waxaan islahaa ONLF waa daacad. Ile Tigreyga ayee niiko u ciyaari jireen, qaarna iminka ayee u niikiyaan.

Meesha dhaanto ayaan ku ogaa, ilee hoosta ayee ka niikiyaan?