Sign in to follow this  
Juje

Morgan 'Candidate' for President

^^I second that.

Plus, those who really want change, accept the political reality of the moment. Ibtisim articulated in one pragraph as to why Riyale is the leader of SL today, and given his past why people seem to be tolerating his regime.

Chimera   

Originally posted by AfricaOwn:

^^ I never claimed any part of her article as acceptable. Even if the claims are true about Riyaale. What do you expect we should d? People like Duke and his line are trying to provoke something that you guys apparently don't see. I don't blind support Riyaale..I support the establishment that he represents. Riyaale will one day go.

Duke's posts and topics are more transparent than a Jellyfish, i doubt that there are people here who can't see his true intentions from a mile away. I'm however not interested in him but instead defended Rakiya's integrity and credibility. Qudhac and you were dismissing Rakiya based on laughable conspiracy theories, I would never defend Morgan if the goblin actually succeeded in becoming president because he doesn't represent the true Somalia i believe in and neither should you be offended when a professional human rights activist illuminates a not so nice period of our history, including the perpetrators.

As Xidigo said, SNM's atrocities in places like
Erigavo
Borame
Las Anod
need to be counted as well. However we need to forget the past and forgive each other. Or else we will be pointing fingers at political figures and associate their alleged crimes with whichever clan they belong to.

These places were the main contributors to the SNA, who were involved in the massacre of reer waqooyi galbeed (hargeisa-burco-berbera).

As for these former warlords applying for presidency: only in somalia. :rolleyes:

Also as far as riyaale is concerned he is just as guilty as morgan and the other worlords, who targeted particular clans. But reer somaliland seem to forgive him, so therefore I will forgive but not forget.

And finally all somali cities/towns were either responsible for the destruction of somalia or were the victims; so I would say forgive but never forget.

NGONGE   

Ibti,

Loosen your hijab a little, woman. I did correct him by telling him not to worry about Duke (after he admitted why he's being stubborn). What else do you want? Blood? :D

Xiin, it's all about the goal, saaxib, all about the goal. ;)

Ibtisam   

^^^LOOL, sorry qiiq baa iga baaxayeh from the other thread old man. It was not firm enough for me, I mean I'm girl and you are more harsh with me than him, whats that about. :D

Poker   

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

waar niyow meesha waad ku raagtay ,,,,

I lived in Canada through high school and left 92 to attend college in the US.

Waryaa Ahmed yusuf Ducaale and Ahmed Jimcaale (RIP) ayaa ka turjumaan ahaa markaan Canada tagey. That was a long time ago. :D

can you imagine Ahmed Yusuf Ducale working as a turjumaan...? How sad walaahi...he later became immigration judge in Toronto. That was before he came back to Somaliand and was named the minister of education under Egal's administration.

Ahmed Jimcaale was the first chairman of the SNM. He died in Cairo ILAAHAY ha naxariisto.

Ibti,

I think Ngoge likes you that is why he is harsh on you. :D

Xidigo   

Originally posted by Caamir:

Reer Awdal are true nationalists for the fact that you chose to set a clear and noble distinction from the usual inclination of Somalis when defending a member of their tribesmen who is accused of crimes against humanity. I am just too skeptical to believe that Riyale will be defended not by his tolka but the other brothers at the opposite side of the fence. Lol

You are right and I agree with you that reer Awdal are nationalists and are also very peaceful in nature. However, the same people who would have cut Riyaale's throat twenty years ago are now cheering for him and shamelessly defending him. They often use lame excuses as the desire for peace and such words as democracy.

In reality, Riyaale was a criminal puppet of Afweyne and now he is a puppet of the SNM. He is there to pacify the people of Awdal but only fools would fall for such a charade.

Any Clanlander who publicly cheers for and defends Riyaale is a genuine munaafiq because he wouldn't do it in private.

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^^ Heh. Read the words you quoted, man.
:D

We asked for evidence and they gave a very reliable source, saaxib. Like I said, I would trust Rakiya's words over all the waxa la yedhi that A&T and Xidigo usually come up with. Do you (and Qudac) question the lady? Is it because of her background of false reporting? Does she have a background of false reporting? etc, etc, etc...

People are generally opinionated. But none as opinionated as Ngonge and few of his ilk from the North: Qudhac, and others. And there is this veneer of intellectual methodism to that enormous self-centerdness, reinforced by the apparent acquiesecence of feeble-minded fellows in Sol to their wanton bullying. Where is the evidence kulaha? It is all over somaliland if you want to go and see!!!! Double standard and hypocrasy!

You hide behind the facade of technicalities and methodologies. Waxaa-la-yidhi is as valid as the typed reports of anyone (if it was waxa-la-yidhi from a British journalist) you would dropped your ear. Such malady of British-mania! Waryaa I told you a confession from a repentent man, and you say waxa-la-yidhi, instead of taking the issue seriously and investigating by your own.

Saaxib, I am not a lwayer nor a human right violation investigator. I told you I heard a detailed information on the involvemnet of Riyaale in some crimes. It is upto the right institutions to go and verify. This is not a court of law. And I think you ought to value my waxa-la-yidhi as far as it matches the accounts of others who had researched the issue. Rakia did that. You should thank me, not redicule me.

When I said Berbera, I didn't know abour Rakiya's report.

But the main issue is if Riyaale is not guilty because (1)no one knows what he did (2)Even if it is known, he is elected and hence he is absolved of his crimes; why is Morgan guilty? Yuu dilay Morgan? Is the evidence not all about Hargeisa was bombed when he was the commander there? And suppose he is elected president of Somalia, does that mean he should not held responsible for his 'crimes'?

What are we talking about here? Polictis, in which case Riyaale must be left alone; or justice?

Poker   

Originally posted by Xidigo*:

quote:Originally posted by Caamir:

Reer Awdal are true nationalists for the fact that you chose to set a clear and noble distinction from the usual inclination of Somalis when defending a member of their tribesmen who is accused of crimes against humanity. I am just too skeptical to believe that Riyale will be defended not by his tolka but the other brothers at the opposite side of the fence. Lol

You are right and I agree with you that reer Awdal are nationalists and are also very peaceful in nature. However, the same people who would have cut Riyaale's throat twenty years ago are now cheering for him and shamelessly defending him. They often use lame excuses as the desire for peace and such words as democracy.

In reality, Riyaale was a criminal puppet of Afweyne and now he is a puppet of the SNM. He is there to pacify the people of Awdal but only fools would fall for such a charade.

Any Clanlander who publicly cheers for and defends Riyaale is a genuine munaafiq because he wouldn't do it in private.
When was the last time you were in Awdal?

Reer awdal was here before Rayaale became president. Actually Awdal gave birth to Somaliland post SNM. In 1993, Cigal was chosen in Borame.

You said Afwayne was bad and the SNM was bad. Who are you advocating for? I'm just curious.

Bal dhinac uun raac sida ina Samater ha isku dhex qubanine. :D

Abtigiis   

^ Poker, not everbody is a fan of the law of opposites, like you. She has the right to hate both. It should not be a case of a simplistic Manichean choice.

Waar xiddigo is a Xiddig in the sky of Awdal where she observes everything from the top using a Skydiver-Model08 ...... She has a big screen in her house but someone painted propganda on that screen.

:D

NGONGE   

A&T,

I trust the words of Ms Omar because of her long history of reporting on these things. Because of her impartial views on Somalia (note I did not use the word Somaliland here) and because of her tireless fighting for the people of Somaliland when they were being bombed by Morgan's soldiers. If she writes an article accusing Riyaale of something or other, I at least know that she will use the correct methodology and that her sources could be traced (if the need arises).

Now lets get to you and your phantom former soldier. What was his name? Where is he now? What was he doing at the time? Do you expect me to believe you just because YOU said so? But you are openly opposed to everything Somaliland, saaxib! What in the world would possess me to believe you when I know that any shabby confession will sit well with you, as long as it is anti Somaliland?

Had you given me a believable story with names, places and some acceptable reference points, I might have been forced to restrain my suspicion and actually look into your claims. But you have not. All you said is that you know someone who confessed to you that they saw this, that and that! Humbug, saaxib, humbug.

Duke claims you are not who you say you are. He could easily concot a story about someone confessing to him that you hail from the Somali capital and not ONLF land as you claim! Am I supposed to believe him just because of his phantom witness?

I told you before and I tell you again, UP YOUR GAME, saaxib. Don't be like Xidigo.

ps

Ibti, I hate it when girls fish for compliments. Lets just say that I was grooming you in the past but even though you're just my former dumaashi now, I can't get over the habit. icon_razz.gif

Abtigiis   

Has it come down to my word against that of the nefarious Dukey, who is made up of 100% Lie and wears 100% Polyster?

Anyway, born-again, forget my sources, just follow the lead and investigate. Berbera, 70 people, killed at night. I will get the month and date and will tell you.

Waryaa, bal e-mailkii ii soo PM garee. I will send something.