Sign in to follow this  
Juje

Morgan 'Candidate' for President

NASSIR   

Reer Awdal are true nationalists for the fact that you chose to set a clear and noble distinction from the usual inclination of Somalis when defending a member of their tribesmen who is accused of crimes against humanity. I am just too skeptical to believe that Riyale will be defended not by his tolka but the other brothers at the opposite side of the fence. Lol

As an awdalite and a Somalilander, Dahir Riyale is a war criminal like Morgan, although to a less extent, however he should be tried but based on the shaky evidence mentioned today, he is likely to continue his reign as the president of a democracy!

your reference to 'brothers at the other fence' is the xenophobic attitude that has destroyed a once prosperous nation! divisive attitude like will not be heeded in the republic!!

Ibtisam   

AfricaOwn and Qudhac jiigaar baad waadaan brothers, and blind support is never good. Either tell us why you maintain that he is an innocent man (ya rabi) What do you think he did for NSS :confused:

Xidigo if you mean that then inshallah I shall call you up on it. Try not to turn into screams and timo jijid dear sis. :cool:

Chimera   

Since i'm not getting through...

A Little Reminder

I would like to take this opportunity to comment on the various responses of certain “clique” within the Diaspora community, who themselves have their own 'hidden' political agenda, on Rakiya Omar’s article. This is an issue that is close to my heart, and is precisely what prompted me to write this article. I have never been so outraged by some of these so-called critics of Rakiya, whose blind defense of Riyaale is bordering on fanaticism.

On their, irrational and POLITICALY motivated defense of Riyaale, they have sworn an all out war against one of the most respected human right defenders in Africa and embarked on an all out mission to discredit Ms Rakiya Omar’s reputation and question her professionalism, all in the name of PROTECTING Riyaale. Let me REMIND them, that Rakiya Omar has always held, and will continue to hold, a special place in the hearts of many Somalilanders who respect and think highly of her.

Many of us remember Rakiya Omar on TV, relentlessly fighting for our rights and exposing the murderous regime in Somalia in the worldwide media. This young, dynamic Oxford & Cambridge educated activist became a hero in the eyes of many Somalilanders, for she has come through for her people at a time that Somalilanders where feeling very vulnerable and alone in the world and in essence has taken upon her self to be their spokesperson during these trying times.

She has since become a source of inspiration and a role model for many young Somalilanders, myself included. Let me also REMIND them once again, that this report, “A Government at War With Its Own People: Testimonies About the Killings and the Conflict in the North” published in New York in January 1990, that they are trying to discredit and dismantle is, as fait would have it, the very one that was responsible for bringing the genocide of the ***** people to the attention of the world media and the major world donors. The report whether they like it or not, carries a lot of weight within international circles and as such should be accorded the respect it deserves. It should be thought of, as Somaliland’s own little treasure and ‘secret’ ammunition against those that committed horrendous crimes against the people of Somaliland.

Instead we have, people that are trying to tear it down and make it completely obsolete! Rakiya’s critics or as I would like to call them ‘afmiishaaro’ would like to make us believe that, this person whom we’ve trusted and respected for so long has all of sudden turned bad and tainted, simply because she went against the establishment. They have gone as far as accusing her of tribalism, and even more importantly have trivialized and questioned the credibility of the actual contents in her report, which in my view is a gross injustice to those massacred. This report is the only well researched reputable report of its kind that has systematically documented the genocide of the ***** people. In a later date it will be used as a source of reference to prosecute the likes of Morgan & Gani in an international tribunal. By dismissing this report and its author, and questioning its authenticity, we are in actual fact giving ammunition to our enemies and those who continue to deny our genocide.

Look at it this way, if the report was wrong about Dahir Riyaale (which the critics are claiming), what is stopping Gani & Morgan claiming at a later date that it was wrong about them too? Introducing doubt into this equation is all that is needed to bring a non-guilty verdict for the butchers of HARGEISA! These critics failed to understand the bigger picture and what is actually at stake, and the fact that Somaliland is bigger than Riyaale, as is Rakiya Omar and her Report. Her critics have condemned her and maliciously undermined her professionalism, simply because she did her job, she stood by her report and decided to bring the issue of human rights to the elections.

Let it be known, that many Somalilanders see the actions of these critics & Afmishaaro, as a slap in the faces of all Somalilanders, and we are not going to sacrifice our dignity and our opportunity to bring to justice those who committed crimes against us, in order to safe guard Riyaale’s re-election. Rakiya Omar is not a POLITICIAN; she’s a human rights advocate who shall continue to fight for justice for all, even if this puts her at odds against the so-called establishment and the Riyaale cronies. She fought and won a bigger battle and came across more formidable adversaries. I truly doubt that Rakiya is fazed in the slightest bit, by Riyaale and his cronies. However, it’s the average Somalilanders, like myself that are extremely upset and furious at the injustice that’s been done to her and her exemplary work, and can’t help but occasionally lash out on her behalf! There you go, the “Silent Majority” has finally spoken.

Roda Y Mohamud Social Sciences Major USA

Email: roda75_9@hotmail.com

http://www.sdwo.com/aragti22.htm

the idea of ibz and xidigo engaged in a timo jijid political contest is not pretty sight! but still sheer entertainment

Odds: do we have any takers!?

2/1 for Ibz

3/1 for Xidigo

That article you posted is meaningless....There are many enemies in disguise. What does she expect for the people of Somaliland to do with Riyaale? She's clearly trying provoke something that's unnecessary.

Ibtisam   

^^She wrote it in 1990, There was not such thing as SL state then. What makes half of her report acceptable and the other part a damn made up lie. Would you come off it. This is silly.

Chimera   

AfricaOwn - There was no 'Somaliland' when this report was published by Rakiya, there was only a educated sister and her concerns for the suffering of her own people which materialized in a book predating both Somaliland and Riyaale's term as president, please process this important fact!

Ibti, i agree...i'm out!

^^ I never claimed any part of her article as acceptable. Even if the claims are true about Riyaale. What do you expect we should d? People like Duke and his line are trying to provoke something that you guys apparently don't see. I don't blind support Riyaale..I support the establishment that he represents. Riyaale will one day go.

Ibtisam   

Ngonge; Waar correct your brother when is wrong, don't push him off a cliff! Tell him to pick his battles well. icon_razz.gif

AfricaOwn, Seriously people in the SL know their interest in the long run and I said many times, they would sit out Riyaal's term, not because he is innocent nice man, but because they value peace and prosperity beyond and above one man. They do not think it is worth destabilizing their life’s, i.e. the costs are too high. But that does not mean the average Northerner is blind or does not know Riyaals history, they do but they turn a blind eye because they feel it serves their interest to ride this one out. Say that and I am cool, but trying to defend Riyaal and in the process discredit someone has made valuable contributions in highlighting the plight of Somali people, particularly Northerners is just beyond wrong.

I get it, between this issue and Awadal it might seem like a tight ship, but you guys have to know and trust that your people know ultimately what is best for them. Duke and his cantarbaqash is irrelevant, you give him and co far too much credit.