Sign in to follow this  
Juje

Morgan 'Candidate' for President

Qudhac   

Tolka

your opinion of him does not act as evidence you just stated your lobsided opinion but that means nothing.. so whether you detest him or not does not make him guilty.

either back up yyour claims and not with i heard my edo pet said this and that but EVIDENCE or dont make claimsdont

Qudhac   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

Qudhac, just because noone brought a case against him doesn't make him innocent...Everyone, well except for those S/landers such as yourself, knows he ordered the killings and torture of many many innocent people...Evidence ku yeh...What do you want, a recording of Riyaale ordering the massacres? Shiish...History darling, history!

so everyone knows he commited crimes in somaliland yet those he commited the crimes against dont know????

maybe he gave all the victims families and loved memory losing pills

hmmmm maybe that they voted for him as well..

ps how do you come by this information

Qudhac   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

The evidence are everywhere, just need to look with both eyes open...
;)

evidence is everywhere!!! ok i see in other words you have none... thanks ;)

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Qudhac:

Tolka

your opinion of him does not act as evidence you just stated your lobsided opinion but that means nothing.. so whether you detest him or not does not make him guilty.

either back up yyour claims and not with i heard my edo pet said this and that but EVIDENCE or dont make claimsdont

This EVIDENCE was posted Adam Zaila last year.

Dahir_Riyale_Kahin_1_.png

Dahir Riyale Kahin

By Rakiya Omar

Mohamed Said Barre is not alone in his guilt for these crimes against humanity, for which no-one has yet been prosecuted. Some of the other key architects of this policy of annihilation, men like Mohamed Saeed Morgan, Mohamed Hashi Gaani and countless other collaborators, continue to wreak havoc in Somalia. Others, including Mohamed Ali Samater, live in comfortable exile in the United States and elsewhere in the world. And then others are right here in Somaliland. And they include President Dahir Rayaale, who was head of the feared and powerful secret service, the National Security Service (NSS) in Berbera. President Rayaale is named in A Government at War With Its Own People.

The town of Berbera saw some of the worst atrocities of the war, even though the SNM never entered Berbera in 1988. Elders and businessmen were immediately arrested en masse after the SNM attack on Hargeisa and Burao; between 27 May and 1 June, they were transferred to Mogadishu. The killings, which were exceptionally brutal in Berbera, began shortly afterwards. Many of the victims had their throats slit and were then shot. A series of massacres which have been mentioned again and again took place, mainly in June, in Buraosheikh, close to Berbera, when about 500 men were killed in groups of between 30-40. Some of the victims were from Burao, Hargeisa and surrounding villages who had come as temporary labourers to the port of Berbera. Others were asylum seekers who had been returned from Saudia Arabia. The names of some of these men are listed in the book. As head of the NSS in Berbera, Dahir Rayaale bears a heavy and direct responsibility for their fate.

Witnesses who are alive also recall Rayaale’s contribution to the war against civilians. One of the people I interviewed in Djibouti in August 1989 and who is cited in the book is Abdifatah Abdillahi Jirreh. He was only 14 at the time, but he remembered Dahir Rayaale.

One day in mid-August [1988], Dahir Rayaale, head of the NSS, came to our ice plant and took my father away. They also arrested one of the watchmen, an old man, Farah Badeh Gheedi. They were detained in the police station, accused of talking about the prospects of the SNM coming to Berbera.

Rayaale is not the only man who has held a senior political position in Somaliland whose conduct of human rights has been questioned. Many former members of the NSS and the HANGASH, the military police that came to exert formidable power over civilians, today occupy key positions in Somaliland in the NSS, re-established in 1995, and the Criminal Investigations Department (CID). The people they tortured, interrogated and spied on, and the people whose loved ones they killed, will, one day, no doubt give their own account [8]

Poker   

Qudhac.

Certain things aren't debatable.

Umada qaarkeed baa markaad geela u heesayso iyaguna gorayada maaweeliya.

Good or bad, Rayaale was elected by his own people. He didn't came to power by force or better yet he was not APPOINTED by few individuals.

NASSIR   

Read some of the statements Rakiya gathered from witnesses in 1989.

As Xidigo said, SNM's atrocities in places like Erigavo, Borame, Las Anod need to be counted as well. However we need to forget the past and forgive each other. Or else we will be pointing fingers at political figures and associate their alleged crimes with whichever clan they belong to.

Morgan running for presidency, it's like we are back in square one. We never seem to learn our lessons.

Qudhac   

CAAMIR:

Witnesses who are alive also recall Rayaale’s contribution to the war against civilians. One of the people I interviewed in Djibouti in August 1989 and who is cited in the book is Abdifatah Abdillahi Jirreh. He was only 14 at the time, but he remembered Dahir Rayaale.

Are you having a laugh this is your evidence please... this is second rubish by the same person that we become accustomed to paraded as facts.... nothing new... dont make us laugh..

aint it funny they always used the same source surely you must have more than the raqiya dicredited rubish...

Poker   

I know Abdifatah personally. He is the youngest son of the former Somali minister Abdilahi Jireh. He lives in Toronto, Canada and I remember when that article came out Abdi-Fatah didn't like nor did he approve what was said about him by Raqiye in her article.

In 1989, our emotions were all time high. I don't think I want to be quoted for all the things I said during that particular time. Any one who has any association with the regime was my ultimate enemy.