Sign in to follow this  
MR ORGILAQE

No Protests In Somaliland?

I have been watching the protests going on around the Muslim world with interest,and it looks like everywhere where there are free Muslims who live under the Banner of a Muslim State have expressed their disgust at the cheap insults thrown at our beloved Prophet Muhammad PBUH except that is Somaliland.The Rest Of Somalia have demonstrated i wonder why Somaliland hasnt.....Maybe the Somaliland Supporters can shed light into this?

NGONGE   

Heh. What a peculiar question! Still, since I’m in the mood to rant and preach on (not to mention ridicule) let me explain why Somaliland had no demonstrations.

You see, the people (and government) of Somaliland are a people deeply aware of their strengths and failings. They realise and know that like all other Somalis, the majority of them have not been very respectful of the prophet (csw). They know that it would have been highly hypocritical and duplicitous to go out in mad demonstrations condemning the Danish, when right there, at home in Somaliland (and all other parts of Somalia) they tolerate (daily) the offensive utterances of their ignorant family members and neighbours.

Even many of the Somali Mullahs, when faced with a prophet-insulting fellow Somali, would sadly shake their heads and say ‘la xawla wala qowata ila bi allah’! Their reasoning will be that such and such is ignorant and that they should just not bother with him/her.

So, it looks like, unlike the others, the people of Somaliland have a bit of shame and know when some actions become highly hypocritical.

Intresting topic.

Since when did the level of demonstration became a measure of ones level of faith. i myself never attended any of the demos in London for lack of time manily but only did not see the purpose .. just look at the backlash it has bruaght ... now the debate has gone whether is right to insult the prophet (scw) to should musmils be allowed to domonstration with such comments ..

NASSIR   

Originally posted by MR ORGILAQE:

Northerener...there were marches in Mogadishu,Garowe,Bosaso,Kismayo,Baladweyne but not in any region of Somaliland which i was hoping someone would enlighten me as to why?

Aren't Garowe, Mogadisho all Somaliland in historic and linguistic context?

Caamir ..Historically yes they are currently they are all Somaliland(land of somalis,however since a part of Somali sought to hijack the name for itself the rest of the somalis didnt bother to argue the small print.Nontheless i think you know in general what i meant or maybe should i refere them to as "gobollada woqooyi"

yahoo This is not ,i repeat NOT a measure of ones faith but a curiosity on my part...i wanted to understand why it didnt happen.did the news not reach the teritories?,were they prevented from demonstrating? etc.

Trust me the news did reach there .. and freedom od speech is what somalis are excellent at .. sometimes you'd think they express too much .. like everyone has a view on who should lead us Somalis .. the sad thing is we all ignorant people or just crave too much power ..

N.O.R.F   

So what are we discussing here exactly?

Ngonge When it comes to insults to the faith and "Nabi cay" it is very much a northern custom and not the rest of somalia.The rest of Somalia is guilty of Madness but not of Faith and Prophet insults

Where is your source for the above statement or are we going off stereotypes in the 70s?

I think this a very divisive topic. All Somali's like their brothers in Islam felt anger at the insluts directed at our holly Prophet Mohammed (Peace Be Upon Him).

I suggest brother you should change the topic to was there any protest in Somaliland?

Because I know for a fact that my people in that area felt as bad as their brothers elswehere.

This issue is bigger than our silly squables. So lets not drag our clanish differences to a matter that affects the whole Umah.

Khayr   

Originally posted by General Duke:

I think this a very divisive topic. All Somali's like their brothers in Islam felt anger at the insluts directed at our holly Prophet Mohammed (Peace Be Upon Him).

I suggest brother you should change the topic to
was there any protest in Somaliland?

Because I know for a fact that my people in that area felt as bad as their brothers elswehere.

This issue is bigger than our silly squables. So lets not drag our clanish differences to a matter that affects the whole Umah.

I agree with you saxib.

Xarago,

I apologize for those comments but that doesn't give you a Licence to call people HYPOCRITES.

Its jummah today, so aan iis caafino!

Sayyid   

This is a valid question, that our brother Orgilaqe made and it needs an answer.

I am not worried by our brother in the North-West for their are not like the jawhar based administratin, which 'forbade', muslims even to demostrate!

Mohammed Dheere is anti-islaam and muslim for sure because it's the same guy, who forbade the 'niqaab' for women to wear.

There were protests in the whole of Somalia and I hope it will 'compensate' for the cities that not hold demostrations against the insults made by the danish infidels.

Demonstrations were held in Puntland across towns and cities including the capital Garoowe, Bosaso, Gaalkacyo, Badhan and Ceerigaabo I believe!

Also in Hiiraan particularily in Beledweyne and other places like Moqadishu, Kismaayo, Parts of Gedo, Qoryooley, Bay, Shabeele Hoose and parts of Galguduud!

Yeniceri   

Mudaharaad lagaga soo horjeedo Cayda Nabi Muxamed oo Saaka ka dhacay Boorama

Hashim Goth ANN=

BOORAMA, 5 Feb. 2006--Mudaharaad lagu diidan yahay Aflagaadooyinka lagu qoray joornaalada Yurub qaar ka tirsan, ee lagu aflaagaadaynayo Nabi Muxamed NNKH ayaa saaka ka dhacay xarunta Gobolka Awdal ee Borama.

Dadka Mudaharaadka waday ayaa u badnaa ardayda dhigata Dugsiyada Quraanka iyo Haween, waxayna wateen boodhadh ay ku qoran yihiin LA ILAAHA ILLA LAAH MUXAMADAW RASUULULAAH, waxayna ku dhawaaqayeen Nabiga caaye Dooni mayno. Waxay dadkaasi socod ku mareen waddooyinka Magaalada Boorama.

Dadweynahu waxay si xoogle ula socdaan wararka ku saabsan sida dunida Muslimku uga dhiidhiday arrintan cayda Nabiga ah waxayna ka daawadaan Telefishanada Alcaribiya iyo AL-jaziira.

SOURCE: http://www.awdalnews.com/wmview.php?ArtID=6861

Xargaga   

well well!! :D with me ill like to add a commentary question to this debate.

it goes without argument that whatever published in those european papers were typically blasphemous and of global standard .But when come to my respective somali community within the larger islamic ummah ill like to be enlightened about this please hope someone would give me answears. cause ill put it in the form of analogy.

This Family of Faarax left somalia and consisted of six chilren and their parents.They were fleeing from Cawke who would have slaughtered them all cause they belonged to reer xx which killed cawkes uncle. All in All this family ended up in Europe A small Nation Called Denmark. where they were warmly receaved and settled they were assigned all necessary services a family would need. from shelter to health care all for free in addition monthly cash assitance was offered.Compared to the Family of caabade which ended in Yemen where descrimination, imprisonment ,Rape, And all types of mistreatment were met on them. COMIn back to my question and in refrence to that family Of Faarax which aultimately managed to save some of the cash assistance and sent it through Dahabshill to their destitute kins back home.

What would you Advice this Family Of faarax to do in order to show their protest aginst Danish Authority. Should they Continue to receave the welfare assistance?

What about those faaraxs kins Back home would you Advice them to go out there on the streets and burn Danish Flag. And after That come to Dahabshill and Yell to the attendant . "Meeday lacagtii Denmark iigatimid"? :D

all in all lets be practical somalis.

There were protests in both somalia and Somaliland. see thisMagaalada Burco Oo Lagu Gubay Calankii Denmark

Somaliland.Org — Burao, Somaliland — 6 February, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Magaalada Burco Oo Lagu Gubay Calankii Denmark

Somaliland.Org, Burao, Somaliland, 06/02/2006

Waxaa saaka Magaala Madaxda Gobalka Togdheer ee Burco ka dhacay isu soo bax aad u balaadhan oo dareenkooda ay ku muujinayaan dad weynaha Magaalada Burco Taasoo ula jeedadiisu ahayd Qoraaladii iyo sawiradii uu suxufuga reer Demark ku caayey kuma soo ban dhigay Saxaafada Denmark Nebegeenii Maxmed ee suubanaa NNKHH taasoo sababtay gebi ahaanba in laga wada cadhoodo dhamaan Caalamka islaamka oo dhan, Hadaba saaka Waxaa isugu soo baxay kumanaan Qof oo aad shucauurtoodu u kacsan tahay kuna dhawaaqaya alaahu akbar waa in aan u hiililnaa diinteena iyo nebigeenii Maxamed NNHH Waxaanay dadkaasoo boodhadh sitay ay ku Canbaaraynayaan arintaas gefka ah ee Saxaafad reer Galbeedu kla kaceen Nebegeena NNKHH iyagoo Halkaas ku Gubay Calanka Denmarka iyo ka Norway Waxaanay Lug dheer ku so Mareen sharaacyada Magaalada, hasayeeshee waxay markii dnabe isugu yimaadeen Fagaaraha Khayriyada Magalaada Burco.

web page

Xarago   

The point is not to prove whether there were demos against the cartoons in Somaliland but whether kids like Orgi have the right to ask and at the same time put the abusers in the same category as the Somalilanders... :mad: :mad: .

How dare can he do that? How dare..?

Somaliland waxay aqoonsi ka sugeysaa reer galbeedka, markaana diyaar uma ahan inay ku mudaaharaado cidii ay wax ka sugeysay. Marka ka leexda dowlad kusheegaas dadkeeda madaxa kaga taagan sida dowladaha carabta oo kale!