Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somaliland Warns Foreigners against Taking part in Voter Registration

NGONGE   

FCW my words were directed at Che. Adigo you're dying to be insulted or argued with so maha? I think Xiin just obliged you. Ku bood.. :D

Che, I hear even Norf is being summoned. Bal maxa waalay? They could have opened a voting booth in Dubai's dahabshiil and saved themselves the bother.

Abtigiis   

NG- :D:D who is dying to be insulted. Is that how you understand being confidential!

Xinn

I don't know who you are talking to. Anyway, I greeted Ibtisam today.

Dhinaca kale, I am following the elections keenly. Afterall, is it not my election?

NGONGE   

^^ War kadaa yaano na odhan the voting booth is in my caravan :D

On a serious note, if Somaliland does manage to run this election in the way they intend the chances of them EVER reuniting with Somalia will be (to borrow Mohammed Ali's words) slim and nill. Slim, of course, waaa reer bosaaso marka xisaabta ba ka saar :D

^^lool@voting booth in xiins caravan!

No doubt that it will be one day!

Folks, somaliland is not going anywhere. Riyale knows it. And I suspect even good Majnoon Layla knows it too.

The thing is the masses are being misled here.

^Dying to be insulted..ma istiri Mr. Waraabe wasn't did get enough kolkoolin as kid. On other hand, who have been hanging with NGONGE?.

P.S. Norf would need translator, I don't think Ibti would be much of help in that regard.

NGONGE   

Che,

I am sure Norf will manage. If the elections go in the way I expect them to go I think he'll be fine.

I mean just imagine a Somali election. The government will go through the trouble of arranging electronic registration. International observers will be invited. The competing candidates will fill the airwaves (and the grapevine) with propaganda and spin. The Somali(landers) all over the world will discuss the issues for months. Many western states and organisations will donate funds. Everyone will argue over who the best the candidate is. Some fights and skirmishes will break here and there. Some scandals will be revealed. Regional politics and circumstances may threaten the election itself. Grumbles will be heard from different areas of Somaliland decrying some perceived special treatment for one area or another. Clannish tensions will escalate. The police and army will be on full alert.

Then, one sunny African day, the Election Day will arrive and everyone will excitedly go to register their vote. Norf's turn will come. He will walk into the election booth. With him, will walk his cousins, a couple of his friends, the guy that was behind him in the line and the policemen on the door. Another policeman will walk in and demand to know why all these people are here. The first cop will reply: 'arr ninkaan abu dhabay bu ka yimid oo woxo doonaya eno siilaanyo o vote gariyo, marka kuwaana ku caawinaya'

I honestly don't think anyone can stop the natural instinct of Somalis. If they walk in to help you wash your dead relative, deliver your first-born baby or sign your marriage certificate, do you really think they'll stay outside when you vote? :D

Originally posted by Faysal Cali Waraabe:

Che, ...to be insulted miyaad tidhi? Car! try me?

LoooooooooL..there you again. Those are NGONGE's words not mine but I think you enjoy good beatdown, for that I call in my gal Cara.

LooooooL@NGONGE..one thing is for sure this will get Oodweyne out of hibernation.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

War NGONGE...It is difficult to be pro-Shabaab and pro-Somaliland. I actually feel for Red. Can those Gaashamo vote?. I heard voters get hauled from the Hawd come election time.

these are local somaliland elections, it makes no sense that people from other areas take part in it. What will they gain from voting in somaliland?

If you people are so obsessed in getting a chance to vote, then all it takes is couple of ballot boxes in ur tuulo and vote!

buuq badanaa dadku.

RedSea   

^ahaha@you people...you getting paranoid my brother. Take it easy I aint got nothing against you'll.

Yes he can vote when he finishes his tour of duty so could sh.Mukhtar as well. Both of them are well respected in their respectives home states of Togdheer and maroodi jeex. :cool:

winnie   

jb you ddnt answer my question.

the law states those who lived in the peripheries of somaliland prior 1960.

there are people whom lived there due to marital ties, but are tribally linked to another region... the law doesnt state qabil.

plus, since when is qabil an ethnicity?

N.O.R.F   

Hmm,,,

How do you register again? Last time I flew out there I was asked 'do you have a visa for Burco' at the Dubai check-in desk :mad: :confused: