Sign in to follow this  
Qudhac

Somaliland president leaves kenya and arrives in Tanzania

Qudhac   

Somaliland president has left kenya for tanzania, as tour of several African Nations continues.

http://www.qarannews.com/pn/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=10045&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

i believe somaliland is finally concentrating their forign policy on the right area in africa that is, somaliland should have been doing heck of more grass root campaining for in this continent.

his next step is is Zambia.

Xoogsade   

Qudhac, Mashaaqyikhdiina ka warran? :D Goormaa Afgambi ka dhici doonaa Hargeysa? :D

Puntland adminstration has warned the locals not to show any support to the courts both open and secret support. They said such support would be met with fierce punishment from their adminstration.

What about HARGEYSA? are they worried like that?

Here goes news conference given by one of their admisntration officials.

http://www.alljubbaland.com/news1/newsid204.htm

Qudhac   

lool i guest some people just have tendecies to carry the shoes of every mad wadaad that comes to town.

my friend when will you ever learn being cheerleader for other peoples agendas only hurts your people i mean history should have made that clear to you.

no my friend we will not be cheerleading for any ones political agenda, but if thay have managed to make maamul for their country then kudos to them, we not xaasidiin.

Xoogsade   

Qudhac, The survival of Somaliland as a separate entity from Somalia proper depends on Puntland's stregnth to withstand pressure from its local population who can demand an islamic rule any time in the near future. If Puntland becomes islmically ruled state where Sharia is enforced, Next will be adjacent towns populated by clans independent from Somaliland coming under the sway of the mighty islam. And before you know it, an islamic court in Laascaanood and one in Cerigaabo. Surely, Somaliland adminstration can do little to interfer where they have no exclusive influence right? Boorame could be next although I doubt that. Hargeysa could be isolated. Some beardos in Hargeysa itself might get the idea of getting their own courts and finally, the whole country is linked by these courts headed by the local tribesmen. Do you think this scenario is plausible?

Puntland is always under threat given the sheer religious population it has. With the exception of its leaders in that north eastern region, 99% percent of the locals would opt for islamic rule. there is no question about that. These southern courts don't even have to go beyond Baladweyn to influence the political landscape. It can be a domino effect with each somali clan or subclan sheltering themselves in an islamic court.

ISLAM is surely a threat to these clan concieved fiefdoms that separate Somalis psychologically if not physically. Federalism could be dead soon.

These mini states(Punt/Somland) have achieved tremendous success where other somali regions failed in the past. But, this islamic wind can upset the status quo don't you think? Islam transcends clan so while a loyal clanist sees the man behind the wind, the faithful always sees different. It is a threat lol.

It will be difficult to maintain isolationist ideologies if the larger population of somalis link up and find brotherhood again.

If the influence of the courts grows in strength, you will see every somali town demanding an islamic rule to get rid of the local head honcho they despise so much and will take matters into their own hands.

Afterall, it seems somalis have discovered a way to outmanouver local clan politics and fight back with strength.

Qudhac   

the truth is xoogsade there is difference between what you secretly wish for (i.e the destruction of the republic of somaliland) and what the reality is on the ground.

my friend your excitement is getting the better of you, in politics it is never wise to jump up and down as soon as something happens, always wait and see, otherwise all your wild claims may come back to make fool out of you, dont be like general duke was when ina yey was elected lool

and no matter how hard you wish for it no one is going to make somaliland disapear for you, just keep that in mind

me   

The new weapon of choise ISLAM. I have nothing to add to xoogsade's comment. I agree 100%.

waxaa la yidhi Burco is the capital of the wadaads and if an uprising is gonna start anywhere it will be in Burco. The islamists of the North Central and North eastern regions of Somalia risen up against clan powers in the early 1990's. The courts have allot sympathy and support there. The fears of the Puntland administration shows you that those people can not be taken lightly.

I am really looking forward to when the revolution breaks starts in the North West. I want to see teh look on the faces of the godless leaders of the lost cause of the north west. Who have taken every opportunity to kill the dignity of teh peopleof the North West.

Classical comments to be remmembered:

1. 'we are the orphans of the queen'

2. 'we have served you well english master'

3. 'now lets pray on teh graves of the english men who died defending Somalia'

Also the welcoming of missionaries to our muslim lands. The introduction of Antoi-islamic lterature in the North West............etc etc (this is a long list and i am sure the wadaads will have a nice time setting all those wrongs right)

Xoogsade   

Qudhac, wise advise you gave me and I trully appreciate it bro. However, you missed my point. It is not my secret wishes but plausible outcomes of this change in Somalia. Surely, When a somali town adjacent to yours is ruled by the Sharia law, there is tendency that other muslims in your town to aspire the same system, and "why not us since we are all the same" mentality prevails. The only option would be then to massacre and hire the ever willing blazing guns of the Ethiopians or simply recognize the aspirations of the people and let them be. I am certain that clan ideologies don't stand a chance against the unifying force of islam. Perhaps this fact is more recognized by men like A/Y and your leadership who deligently work to outmanouver such islamic force to materialize. A/Y quelled such movement in the past and Somaliland adminstration has done tremendous harm to muslims who were unfortunately ill-equipped to defend themselves since their clans are either a minority in the north or don't live there at all. Puntland adminstration is already threatening its local populations with punishments if they show support for the changes. A man was arrested weeks ago for organizaing demonstration against the warlords. Such fears show the fragility of the system and the pusillanimous men who overlord it in that part of the country.

Like I suggested, Puntland is the bulwark for now which shields Somaliland from becoming once again another somali region as it is and always had been. Once the puntlanders kick out their corrupt Adde Muse loser and install an islamic adminstration, Somaliland comes crumbling down like a house of cards. If not and Somliland employs supression of its local population to avoid any politcal upsets, Somaliland will be smaller in size and in fact many Somalilanders will migrate to this side of the border to have religious freedom. Soon afterwards, your leadership may invite Ethiopian army to protect themselves from the islamic onslaught.

Anyway, this is all plausible scenarious and I don't hide the fact that i believe somalis are one and Somalia is one big country for all Somalis, indivisible and transcendent of clan ownership. As clan ideologies came, they will disappear and gone with it will be its protagonists and those who forced it down our throats.

^^ :D

Xoogsade sxb,

wali ma maqashay hebel guuxiisii wuu ka dheereeyey. icon_razz.gif

Awoowe, waxa hore loo yidhi, ninka kabaha aad ka tolanayso kabahiisa ayaa la eeggaa. So far, waxaanu ka aragnay ICU'da oo Somaliland tidhaahdo alaylehe waa wax ku dayasho mudan, ma aragno.

THe ICU appeals to those who long suffered under warlordism. But, I think if ever there is going to be a replica in Somaliland, I think they would need to work a little bit harder, not with guns but with the pen, if they want to win the hearts and minds of the people. :D

Besides, in Somaliland we have a mature political system. hadii culimadda reer Somaliland damac kaga jiro siyaasadda waa inay u maraan wadadda saxa ah. Taaso ah waa inay u badheedhaan inay tartanka doorashooyinka ka qayb qaataan oo cod ku helaan kursiga ay doonayaan.

But, like Qudhac said, we are pleased that Mogadishu, long last, is ruled by one group. We wish the people there good luck and we hope they succeed in their areas.

Qudhac   

Suldaan

to go back to the topic how do you see what seems to be the new thinking of africans towards somaliland and the weakining of the old adversaries such as egypt, and do you believe this administration of Udub is capable of takin advantage of this new wind of opportunity.

what is also your take on the power tussle between the lower and upper house of parliaments, what do you think saleeban nur is upto, rumours has it he is targeting riyaale seat in the next election.

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

Qudhac, The survival of Somaliland as a separate entity from Somalia proper depends on Puntland's stregnth to withstand pressure from its local population who can demand an islamic rule any time in the near future. If Puntland becomes islmically ruled state where Sharia is enforced, Next will be adjacent towns populated by clans independent from Somaliland coming under the sway of the mighty islam. And before you know it, an islamic court in Laascaanood and one in Cerigaabo. Surely, Somaliland adminstration can do little to interfer where they have no exclusive influence right? Boorame could be next although I doubt that. Hargeysa could be isolated. Some beardos in Hargeysa itself might get the idea of getting their own courts and finally, the whole country is linked by these courts headed by the local tribesmen. Do you think this scenario is plausible?

Puntland is always under threat given the sheer religious population it has. With the exception of its leaders in that north eastern region, 99% percent of the locals would opt for islamic rule. there is no question about that. These southern courts don't even have to go beyond Baladweyn to influence the political landscape. It can be a domino effect with each somali clan or subclan sheltering themselves in an islamic court.

ISLAM is surely a threat to these clan concieved fiefdoms that separate Somalis psychologically if not physically. Federalism could be dead soon.

These mini states(Punt/Somland) have achieved tremendous success where other somali regions failed in the past. But, this islamic wind can upset the status quo don't you think? Islam transcends clan so while a loyal clanist sees the man behind the wind, the faithful always sees different. It is a threat lol.

It will be difficult to maintain isolationist ideologies if the larger population of somalis link up and find brotherhood again.

If the influence of the courts grows in strength, you will see every somali town demanding an islamic rule to get rid of the local head honcho they despise so much and will take matters into their own hands.

Afterall, it seems somalis have discovered a way to outmanouver local clan politics and fight back with strength.

Insults will get you nowhere.(to even suggest we have something to do with the courts in the south is an insult)

anyone that physically threatens somaliland,

will be massacred, both internal and external enemies.

to go back to the topic how do you see what seems to be the new thinking of africans towards somaliland and the weakining of the old adversaries such as egypt, and do you believe this administration of Udub is capable of takin advantage of this new wind of opportunity.

I think this is a one-off offensive and not a complete change of policy from the UDUB led government. If there was any change in policy it would have reflected in the Budget which was allocated for the Foreign Ministry, which by any account amounts to beanuts.

There is no doubt that Africa is open to the cause of Somaliland and is willing to listen to it. The 2003 succesfull visits to Senegal, Nigeria, Mali and South Africa support that fact. Somaliland didn't follow up to those visits and its really sad that we have no one advocating for our cause in most regions of Africa, specially West Africa.

What Somaliland needs is not a one-off visits, it needs consistent communications with those countries and we need people on the ground.

So, in my opinion, this indeed is a step in the right direction, but we need to keep it up and not leave it there.

what is also your take on the power tussle between the lower and upper house of parliaments, what do you think saleeban nur is upto, rumours has it he is targeting riyaale seat in the next election

I haven't heard about the Saleeban ambitions but the Guurti's recent self-relection amounted to un-Odeynimo in my opinion. Cumaamaddi ayay dhulka isaga rideen. A year or two - we could've understood and maybe supported, but to extend their term of office for 4 long years is uncalled for. The supreme-court's haste decision to endorse that was even worse. It shows that the "unelected" institutions (the Guurti and the Supreme Court) are not yet upto the mark as far as our democratisation efforts is concerned. I support the lower house on this issue.

N.O.R.F   

lol, what a load of cr*p! Lets hope for peace people, peace - a word seldomly used in this forum

Qudhac, i dont really think Riyale is the best man for the job of influencing others with regard to Sl's cause.

The hate for anything SL never ceases to amaze me :rolleyes:

Xoogsade   

:D:D Suldaanka, those were my thoughts only saxib. No ill feelings towards northerners.

Odo

Where was the insult bro? I reread my posts and saw nothing deemed as insult.