Sign in to follow this  
BOQORKA BORAMA

18th May...Celebrating 14 years of independance from wartorn Somali Republic

N.O.R.F   

If i may throw in my 2 shillings (excuse the pun)

We all know the state of Somaliland right now. There are many good and bad points whether it be politically/economically/socially etc etc.

Its obviouse that the current leader(s) are not up to the task of taking Somaliland over the next step (or hurdle) in the right direction. But what is the right direction? under whom? etc etc

There are many things that i'm not happy with (Riyaale acting like a dictotor is one of them) it seems as though the Somaliland Govnt want recognition for 'their' own gains and not for that of the ppl.

Do you really think all that money that will pour in from the UN/IMF/World Bank will be used appropriately on Schools/Health System/Police??? NO. These ppl have dreams of villas in Viena not Schools in Hargaisa. The sooner ppl realise this the better.

Somaliland has come a long way since 1991 (91-93 there was still in-fighting in Burco) but its is time for change and there is no better time than the present to inform the public of this.

Being critical of the way the country is run is different from admiring its progress ie universities, businesses etc etc.

Modesty   

Somaliland is a nation that the west is trying to bring up so that Somalia will never become united. Sad, but people always buy into it.

AYOUB   

Ngonge:

In fact, I’m half-tempted to get into a pointless brawl with you over your defensiveness of Somaliland with the words: Somaliland meyad ega xigta (or some such nonsense).

Bro, I've said "what you can do for your country", hint hint >> YOUR COUNTRY.

Valid criticism is faced with comments such as that JFK nonsense that you’ve just posted (what exactly did you think I was doing by airing these views of mine? Trying to annoy you perchance?).

Bro if you came up constructive criticism I wouldn't mind so much, but what I've read from your previous posts in here came across as you watched too much Aljazeera. The personal attacks on the president made you look like a spoilt and arrogant fellow and it's one thing I find distasteful even when coming from likes of Faisal Waraabe let alone our Ngonge. If I may paraphrase the man in your avatar # Dadka ha iska weyneyn, in aad keli wax-garad tahay ha iska dhigin bruv#.

In being so and doing so, I believe (call me mad) that I’m doing much more than those that build buildings or wave flags! For buildings are easily destroyed and flags, as we’ve already seen with the flag of the Somali Republic, are effortlessly discarded. Ideologies though, never die.

He he heee! You must be pulling my leg now. I wont hesitate to call you MAD if you're not trying to wind me up, that is.

Try to think of it as a nation, an independent, democratic and ‘sovereign’ nation. Think about what it can do for YOU, where do you want it to take you and how you would like to see it heading in the next five years.

I hope people finally realise how much damage Khat - more than any corrupt politician - does to the health and and economy of Somalilanders. It works as an Ethio's tax and at the least I hope a successful campaign similar to the anti FGM has been launched and rolling by then. Simple dream but that would make my day.

I realise that criticising Somaliland in this forum might seem distasteful (maybe even an act of treason) to you. What with all these people that don’t acknowledge its existence, joining in the discussion every few minutes and putting Somaliland down. But, like a hungry man that ignores the flies as he tucks down into his plate of nice food, I implore you to take no notice of the sideshow and focus instead on this scrumptious dish I’ve served up for you.

Bro Tolstoy's village idi*ts count for very little and their S/L opinions are not worth the SOL's membership fee. What you have to accept Somaliland wont make any progress if the likes of you and I sit on the fence and do nothing but criticise. I don't like a lot about the current administration's policies and actions but not all is president's fault. As much as we don't like them, I believe they should finish their term and what the people decide after that, they'll have to live by or work around till the next time they can bring some changes. In the mean time, are we going

to rant, moan and throw personal insults or are going to do the best we can like people who have rolled their sleeves and walked the walk and gone back to do what they can? What about following the examples of the people who have donated the little they have to schools and other projects they have initiated? As for ideologies,well, you me about it..

Taqwa   

NGONGE,

First accept my apology for the insults and secondly I would have responded to you but silence is gold. To be honest, everything I would say is coming from Ayoub Sheikh. Maybe when I have something worthy to say, I'll take the initiative to post it.

Wa alaikum Salam

Oh Beautiful Soomaaliya

Mogadishu pride of Africa

Joy of the Somalis

Capital of Soomaaliya

May you forever prosper

Along with your inhabitants

Oh my beautiful Soomaaliya

Land of the Somalis

May you forever prosper

Along with your inhabitants

Ungrateful are those who take from you without giving back your share

Thoughtless are those who steal peace and tranquillity from you

Heartless are those that want you to be divided

For you are one body.

The body of the Somalis.

SOO MAAL and Sky walaalo that poem was dedicated to you all and our beloved homeland.

Phantasma Runta labo qof kama qosliso ee

Ha kuu macaanaato

Saalixa   

phanta rehi

Nice poem,,,but may Allah give "its inhabitants a mind to prosper". Indent that bit in the poem too. Ameen

BOQOQRKA hadaba wax yar Borama noga sheeg and ogeeysiska waad marwalba for the landers here in sol because it is tremendously apprecaited

Phantasma Runta labo qof kama qosliso ee

Ha kuu macaanaato

Phanta,

My :mad: was aimed at your name (far too close to mine). Don't misunderstand.

<-- Doesn't like sharing.

^^

Sorry that I misunderstood. With an avator like yours and me wishing Somaliya well, who can blame me?

Phanta rhei means everything is in a flux, in motion and change.