Sign in to follow this  
BOQORKA BORAMA

18th May...Celebrating 14 years of independance from wartorn Somali Republic

^^ Let me,

Boqorka, I feel obliged to walk you through this rough terrain called SOL politics section. I would hate for some1 with a nick like yours banned.

On SOL, we hold the golden rules in the highest regard and with utmost respect. They are the commandments, which forsaken, will land you in all sorts of trouble and even banishment from the land.

Rule #1 states

1 - Qabiil: absolutely no qabiil talk. Not even a mention of any qabiil name. No qabiil discussion of any kind.

Click here to read what they are.

I suggest you edit your last post while reflecting on this.

On SOL, we pride ourselves in discussing issues with the utmost civility and consideration for one another. smile.gif

NGONGE   

^^^ You and Phanta in a politics thread? :eek:

Amazing! :D

Oh well, at least LANDER will be happy that someone is taking notice of his war cry :D

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Amethyst:

p.s. Borama is anything but mysterious. Its S/lands ancient and modern centre for learning.

..and romantic, me thinks..

amoud1.JPG

borama1_0.JPGborama4_0.JPG

AHMED IN BURCO: BORAMA

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

.., yet even to the end Awdal is known for having remained one of Siad Barre's political strongholds and one of only few regions he had greatest support.

Wallee?! :D

King Of Borama

Big welcome to SOL bro. And don't worry you already have a good sense of who the voltures are in this domain. Trust me, they are hard to hush-away ones :D . But you will manage if, as they would say in Borama, "isha mid ka ridid". Have fun bro. :D

VERY SORRY EVERYBODY..IT APPEARS AS THOUGH I JOINED AN ONLINE NATION WITHOUT FIRSTLY CONSULTING ITS CONSTITUTION. QUEEN ARABI,YOUR MAJESTY, THANK YOU FOR INFORMING ME ABOUT THE RULES.

CHE   

I thought for a min that was Islamabad !

I like the pics.........must I also add that I am recovering anti-Somaliland,and thru the threads I have come to re-construct my view of SL and it secession.

Sl has done everything to further itself. Rest ,on the other hand, have succeeded to even further plunge ourselves into dire staits.

Now,besides all the politiking........The question becomes who are we(in status quo) to hinder someone else's right to better existence ?

I ,for one,not at liberty to badmouth SL(any longer).

BTW, I was wondering if DR. Samatar ,of Univ of minnesota ,is from Borame?

BOQOR,

a cardinal rule - U are on your own,watch your back.

Gabbal   

AWDAL REGIONS CITIZENS ARE 100% PRO SOMLIALND

Boqorka there are individuals in SOL really from Awdal, like the nomad Nayruus, that will contradict that statement. smile.gif

Wallee?!

Ayoub_Sheikh wacadalla?! :D

Boqor

Welcome to SOL brother.

Let me congratulate you, for already being ahead of the game......the enemies are plenty on this landfill, you will quickly learn the rhetoric and abusive language certain groups, in particular puntlanders use around here. Just to let you know how sick some people here are, they (i mean so called puntlanders)catergorized us Awdalians as 'shoe carries' in somali until I had them censor that word with the help of the moderators. Haters always loose.

Happy May 18.

SOMALILAND RULES.

NGONGE   

Earlier today, I watched an interview that the president of Somaliland gave to the Arab news station Al Jazeera. Now I know that I’m an eternal cynic (I try to make allowances for that when I comment on such topics), I really was not impressed with anything he said at all. I found myself completely disagreeing with all his viewpoints on terrorism, Ethiopia, Arabs, the West, Israel and the rest of Somalia!

It’s no secret that I’ve never been happy with the progress made in Somaliland, but watching and listening to this “president†speak, only deepened my anxiety and bewilderment at the state of that nation.

This man is an ignoramus, an ill-informed, ill-prepared and inarticulate simpleton. He sat there with a confident and knowing smile on his face then proceeded to use arguments and justifications that would shame a three-year-old! On this occasion, I really hoped that the old saying: “Nations get the leaders they deserve†were not true.

Funnily enough, I experienced similar feelings when reading and listening to interviews the president of the Somali TFG gave! Don’t these men have any advisers? Are there no able and sensible speechwriters?

Sadly, my only prediction regarding Somali affairs is that neither Somaliland nor the Somali Republic is going to have any good news any time soon. By my reckoning, there will be no recognition for Somaliland for at least ten years (should those in charge continue to think and behave in the same way). I also don’t have much hope for Mr Yusuf’s government making any positive advancements in the near future. :(

I only see NGONGE alarmingly trying to paint a picture of himself as a pessimist who's as indifferent towards Somalia as he is to Somaliland.

Those who can, do...those who cant, criticise. So maaha? :D:D

Ayoub, thanks for the pictures. Such natural greenery. aaah!

I wonder: is Riyaale succeeding? When I read this following excerpt, I believe he's indeed succeeding with the low-intellect group of pro-Somalilanders. Just read what this guy wrote:

Originally posted by Ex-Xisbiga:

the enemies are plenty on this landfill, you will quickly learn the rhetoric and abusive language certain groups, in particular puntlanders use around here. Just to let you know how sick some people here are, they (i mean so called puntlanders)

The 'enemy' is Puntland, indeed. Was it Puntland that seized KULMIYE HQ? Was it Puntland that virtually shut down the Berbera port? Was it Puntland that postponed the already-scheduled democratic elections of Somaliland (originally scheduled for March 2005)? No! It was Riyaale and his closest cohorts (Axmad Yasin, Cige, etc). They're all conniving theives who play the victim card against their own people. "We" were victims of Barre's atrocities, so empower "us" to secure your destiny - a damning rhetoric that'll ultimately cause plenty of problems. I believe this other 'Somalilander' caught on with Riyaale's inaccuracies and his faults. It was Riyaale who ordered 75% of Somaliland's military men and hardware to be parked in Yagoori station ready to 'defend' their mythical eastern border, thereby using precious (and I do mean PRECIOUS) revenue that could be used to help such things as the recent damage caused by floods, educational purposes, healthcare, etc. In reference to Riyaale (whom I see as the one and only 'enemy' of Somaliland), a Somalilander writes:

Originally posted by NGONGE:

This man is an ignoramus, an ill-informed, ill-prepared and inarticulate simpleton.

What else could I possibly add to this? Enough said. Keep singing 'Puntland is the enemy' and let Riyaale win - let him fill his pockets with money, let him run Somaliland like his own backyard, and let him ruin the dream that was once espoused in the establishment of Somaliland: a place where everyone's rights were protected, where peace and justice prevailed above all else, indeed, the closest thing to a Somali 'utopia.' If his original intention was to destroy that dream, then he's largely succeeding because he's convinced plenty of Somalilanders that the enemy is - depending on day to day - Djibouti, Puntland, etc.

Cry me a river.

Md. Daahir Riyaale Kahin is OUR elected Pres. So shut it. He didn't come to power by the barrel of a gun or through shanty deals in Nairobi hotels like your leaders. You're arguement holds no weight whatsoever, since when does Somaliland issues concern puntlanders? I was merely informing my fellow countrymen about the nasty things you people have to say about Somaliland, and esp. Awdal like no one notices. Well, think again.

NGONGE   

Heh. Ame, being indifferent would entail ignoring all topics dealing with Somali/Somaliland issues, wouldn’t you say?

Can’t say I didn’t expect such a reply. After all, Somaliland is doing great. It’s democratic, buildings are sprouting all over the place and there is even a university or two. Might as well sit on our laurels and enjoy the fruits of 14 years of hard work.

Somalia is also great. I’ve had the pleasure of seeing some of the photos that Rahima posted on another thread. They were breathtaking!

Ah! Sorry, can’t doe fake praise. Somaliland is a tip. Somalia is a dump too. Half of the photos people post on this site about Somalia are misleading pictures (not any fault of the Nomad posting them might I add). For example, LST posted photos of the Somali Sea! They were beautiful, but the sea does not normally get affected by conflict. It has been and will always be that beautiful (with peace or without). Rahima’s photos were of hospitals that (if I may hazard a guess) were built decades ago, the pride seems to originate from the fact that these hospitals are still standing! In fact, two thirds of all Somali/Somaliland photos that I’ve seen so far have either been of old buildings or natural sights. The few new buildings and establishments are primitive ones in any person’s eyes (Somalis excepted).

The politics of Somalia/Somaliland is exacerbating, archaic and static. After more than 14 years, YOU should be expecting MORE than these tiny crumbs that we get from time to time. To say that those that can do and those that can’t criticise, misses the whole point. Do what exactly? Live in self-delusion? Have conferences In LA?