Sign in to follow this  
BOQORKA BORAMA

18th May...Celebrating 14 years of independance from wartorn Somali Republic

To many the 18th of May has no real significance or sentimental value however to those who call Somaliland their home it is a day of joyous occassion and celebration as it is this very day that we declared our independance after years of conflict first with the South and then among eachother. Somaliland, unlike its wartorn and malitia governed neighbour, Somalia Republic, has many things that its people can be proud of and one of the most important things among these is the fact that our society is integrated and is functioning peacefully without the existence of tribal hatred and warfare.Furthermore, in 14 years the somaliland people have achieved more than the british did in 11 centuries by creating a constitution and the institutions which uphold and regulate our democratic political system. To add to all that, the Somaliland people at home and abroad have helped to create an economical system which have helped our people during the absence of international aid due to our countries lack of recognition. I urge every Somalilander, regardless of location and qabiil, to celebrate on our independance day to commemorate those that have died in the process of securing our soverignty from the warlords of Somalia Republic and those who even today are fighting to keep our nation going. Inshallah, the the world will take notice of how far we have come and how hard we have worked and one day grant recognition but even if that day doesnt come in our lifetime we must hold the sovereignty of our nation in our hearts and minds.

independance day to commemorate those that have died in the process of securing our soverignty from the warlords of Somalia Republic[/QB]

Independence from Somali warlords or from the then-Somali dictatorship? You seem to be another confused, SNM-enthused chap raised on stories of the gallantry of the SNM mujahids who liberated 'Somaliland' from the

tyranny of the 'South.'

However, congratulations for attaining your freedom through the SNM's hard-fought struggle. God bless Somali-land!

slandflag.gif

P.S. Welcome to SomaliaOnline Forum - a place where you will undoubtedly make friends and enemies. The hard part is telling them apart. Good luck, mate. :D

ADNAAN   

Welcome to SOL “Boqorka of Borama.â€

It was just today when I was telling u about this forum, man u shocked me when I saw the nick name u were asking me how to spell this morning :D . Very energetic booramawi indeed.

Fyr   

Welcome to SOL Boqorka Borama and don’t worry about the suspicious minds of SOL, they assume one should’ve a different opinion for the respectively region.

Boqorka Borama, I'm not here to add anything valuable to your discussion. I'm just in awe and admiration of your nickname. The simple smile that name brought to my face made me pen down these words of respect. Welcome to SOL.

Only you Boqorka, can call me Queen Arabi.

:D

^^ Ameth, any pics of Boorama. Such a mysterious city. I feel like emailing Gediid to pay a visit to Boorama and send us some. But then again Gediid is busy making deals with "big time ballerz" as my little cousin would say. Who has time for such minor things.

Boqorka-Booraama, welcome to SOL king!!!!!!!

Gabbal   

Haduu yahay o.k I believe him, laakiin his speech is in tune with individuals from Awdal's neighboring regions. This guy talks about grievences, yet even to the end Awdal is known for having remained one of Siad Barre's political strongholds and one of only few regions he had greatest support.

Horn, please dont ruin the ambience. This is a welcome party :D

Libaax, only one word stood out from your post and that is *minor*.... and I dont like it redface.gif . But I shall provide you with pics I'A when I have the family visit there this summer.

p.s. Borama is anything but mysterious. Its S/lands ancient and modern centre for learning.

QUEEN I TRULY AM HONOURED TO BE ABLE TO EXCLUSIVELY CALL YOU BY THAT NAME AND THANKS FOR THE KIND WELCOMES FROM YOU ALL. NOW MORE TO THE REASON WHY I AM WRITING, I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT AWDAL DID SUPPORT SIAD BARRE BUT THE LOYALTY AND SUPPORT VANISHED WITH HIS ATTACK ON THE ******* IN HARGEYSA AND BURCO. THE AWDAL COMMUNITY HAS LAWAYS BEEN RESPECTFUL AND UNDERSTANDING TOWARDS ITS NEIGHBOURS AND I FOR ONE WOULD DESPITE ADMITTING TO YOUR POINT, WOULD LIKE TO LET YOU KNOW THAT BORAMA AND AWDAL REGIONS CITIZENS ARE 100% PRO SOMLIALND. EVERY GROUP HAS A DARK PAST AND OURS WAS PERHAPS WORKING WITH SIAD BARRE DURING HIS ADMINISTRATION BUT WE NEVER TOOK PART OR ENCOURAGED HIS MASS KILLINGS OF INNOCENT ISAAQIS..IN FACT WE MET HIMWITH ARMED RESISTANCE.

[ May 05, 2005, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Admin ]

Sky   

boqorka boorama, can i ask u something.

are u sure the ppl of awdal are pro-somaliland, just becuz their neighbouring clan was being attacked and u feel so sorry for these poor ppl who seem to be the only victims that were ganged up upon in the horn of africa?

or is it becuz the awdal ppl are forced to do so, out of geographic situation and military weakness?

im just curious, but welcome by the way.

I FEEL DISGUSTED THAT YOU THINK THE PEOPLE OF AWDAL ARE FALSE FRIENDS TO THE STATE OF SOMALILAND. I WILL AHVE YOU KNOW THAT THE GROUPO THAT HELP DRAFT THE S/LAND CONSTITUTION WERE FROM AWDAL AND THE AWDAL ELDERS WERE AMONG THE FIRST PEOPLE TO CALL FOR PEACE IN TIMES OF TROUBLE IN SOMALILAND. MAKE NO MSITAKE, WE ARE IN A TIGHT GEOGRAPHIC AREA BUT WE ARE EDUCATED PEOPLE WITH MORALS AND WE DO NOT FEAR OTHER CLANS. THIS MAY APPEAR TO BE ********** PROPAGANDA BUT YOU HAVE TO REMEBER THAT IF THE ********** AND THE OTHER GROUPS FROM AWDAL DID NOT FORM PART OF S/LAND YOU WILL HAVE A HAREGYSA FULL OF ************

P.S. I WASI N BORAM LAST YEAR AND ITS BEAUTIFUL.. ITS A SMALL TOWN WITH LOTS OF CHARM, NATURLA BEAUTY AND ITS PEOPEL AREAMONG THE BEST IN THE WORLD.. BUT THSI WOULD APPLY TO ALL OF SOMALILAND.

[ May 05, 2005, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: Admin ]