QUESTION TIME IN JOHANNESBURG

Thursday 7 July

2235 BST, BBC One

BBC World

Apply to join the audience

Anyone who will be in Johannesburg on Thursday 7 July can apply to be part

of the studio audience and to put questions to the panel. The special

edition of the programme will

be broadcast internationally on BBC World as well as on BBC One.

AYOUB   

If the London explosions don't force changes to the programme, the Lady should be on bbc 1 in five minutes (10:35 UK time)

Abdi2005   

Very poor contribution. She even had to be corrected couple times for going out of topic, she seams to thing its right place to promote somaliland, its program about Africa's problem a serious topic. I don't thing she will be invited again.

NGONGE   

^^^ Heh. I think that was the whole point of her attendance (she can‘t argue for African debt when her own government is yet to be recognised, never mind being given debt relief). You’re right, she went off topic on most of her answers. But, I’d wager that she also got what she came for. If there were any people in the audience or those watching the program that didn’t know about Somaliland before, they do now. :D

Originally posted by Jason:

I have never seen her speak so I am curious; does she speak with them thick african accents most old somalis and other africans speak with?

NO, her accent was very good. She was trying to promote her country as well as contributing the issues at hand. Yes she was out of the topic several times but also mis information about lack of aid from foriegn countries to Somaliland. I don't know why she was not admiting the aid that her country gets from britian, EU etc.

Abdi2005   
:D maybe. But i realy doubt after tomorrow the only thing they remember will be the "somali" part. I'm afraid people will get negative picture because of hear unintelligible contribution :rolleyes: .

Originally posted by Saxardiid:

I don't know why she was not admiting the aid that her country gets from britian, EU etc.

Somaliland does not recieve bilateral aid from anyone, be it Britian or EU or anyone. But we receive humaniterian aid from UN through the so called SACB body (Somali Aid Coordination Body) which is based in Nairobi. And that is not even Aid, it is beanuts if you compare to what other African countries recieve.

---------

Waraysi gaaban Wasiir Adna Ismail.

Aniga oo ka tagay wadankan Ingriiska waxa aan ka qayb galay barnaamijkii xalay wasiirka Armiha dibadu, Adna Ismail ay ka qayb gashay. Waxa barnaamijkan isugu yimid khubaro iyo dad badan oo xisiiye arima Africa waxaanu ahaa mid loogi talo galay G8 iyo Afrika. Balse intii aanu shiki bilaabmin waxaa la isla dhex marayay qaraxii ka dhacay London. Dadkii waxaa laga codsaday in su'aalaha qaar lagu xiriiriyo qaraxa London. Tani waxa ay keentay in su'aashii uugu horaysay ee loogu talo galay Somaliland ay dusha ka martay tii qaraxa London.

Hadaba ka bacdi markii uu shirku dhamaaday ayaan waydiiyay su'aalo yar Adna.

S: Ms Adna, maku guulaysatay ujeedadii aad ka lahayd barnaamijkan?

J: Inatii badnayd waan ku gulaysta, waayo waxa uu qorshahaygu ahaa in aan dadka aan aqoon Somaliland wax uuga sheego inta taqaana aan xasuusiyo, markaa markastaba anigu waxa aan u hadlayay danta Somaaliland.

S. Tani macnaheedu miyaanu ahayn ujeedadii shirka waad ka baxday oo kamaad hadal G8 iyo Arimiha Africa.

J: Waan ogaa in Ajandaha shirku yahay G8 iyo Africa, balse fursadani waxa ay ahayd markii uugu horaysay ee aan u helay in aan qadiyada Somaliland garaarsiiyo dhagaystaal badan. Dad badani waxa ay is waydiinayaan waa maxay Somaaliland? taasina waa ta maanta ina haysata waayo dad badan oo wax inoo tari kara ayaa laga yabaa in aanay maqal guusha Somaliland.

S. Maxaad ugu sheegi wayday dadka in Africa iyo reer galbeedkuba in ay dayaceen waajibkii ka saarnaa Somaliland?.

Marka hore Somaaliland waxa ay maanta u baahan tahay saxiibo ee cadaw uuma baahna. Waan awoodi lahaa in dhaleeceeyo Africa iyo ururo kale oo iska indha tira Somaliland ama inagu riixaya Somalia. Maanta dadka Afrika iyo aduunkuba waa ka soo taagan yihiin, siyaasi isaga mooyee dhaleeceeya dadka kale oo dhan. Afrika waxaa looga baahan yahay iskaa wax u qabso (Self Help), taasina waxa maanta gaartay Somaliland.

S. Maxaa kale ee aad ku guulaysaya intii aad joogtay South Africa?

Waxaan hada la kumay qaar ka mida masuuliyiinta South Africa, waxa kale oo aan la kulmayaa wasaarada arimaha dibada ee South Africa waxaana laga yabaa in aan la kulmo madax wayne ku xigeenka cusub ee South Africa. Dhamaan dadkan aan la kulmay waxa aan uuga waramay qadiyada Somalialnd waxa aanan filayaa in ay ka soo bixi donaan cilaaqaad hor leh iyo in ay soo dhawayso aqoonsiga Somaliland.

Abdi Nur (Johannesburg)

Sky   

It was funny how that Indian fella Iqbal Jhazbay married to a Somalilander woman said: "The attacks on London today are an attack to humanity, wether it be from the UK to 'Somaliland'." :D

Very funny.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Abdi2005:

:D
maybe. But i realy doubt after tomorrow the only thing they remember will be the "somali" part. I'm afraid people will get negative picture because of hear unintelligible contribution :rolleyes: .

Will she still be the orphan of the English queen?

N.O.R.F   

^^^sour grapes, i see nothing changes, anything positive coming out of the 'current' Somalia govnt?

As i have posted on another thread about Edna:

So what does it mean to have Edna representing Somliland on a well known and well respected program?

She may not have covered herself in glory but she 'was' there. A lady (Somalilander)representing 'somalis' on a world wide televised program

Why was she selected i wonder rather than a member of the current Somalia govnt (whom represent Somalia)?

Why would a high calibre programe like QT select the foreign minister of an un-recognised country?

Have the BBC recognised that Somaliland is independent of Somalia?

Jamster   

Has the BBC recognised? Yes and now ITV and Channel four will and the aid will come like a rain of fruits from the heavens above. aaaaah what a delightful propect.