Sign in to follow this  
gavin

Private Security Firms?

gavin   

Hi, I am a libertarian/anarchist living in California.

I am looking to contact/contribute-to/help private security firms operating in greater Somalia. It seems to me the greatest obstacle to Somali's abandoning the lure of a republic is their security. So I want to help private security firms be successful in any small way I can. I want to help them replace the fascist warlordism that seems rampant.

So, can anyone please suggest firms to contact?

Cara.   

What do private security firms do?

Contact Nur, he's very interested in the anarchist movement.

gavin   

Private Security = Private Police = anti-Warlordism/Nationalism

The corrupt and brutal security firms go bankrupt eventually, leaving the good ones remaining to provide the base needed for a healthy economy. (That's the theory anyway.)

I'll message Nur, thank you for the tip.

Private security firm

Mogadishu, Somalia

contact person: Abdillahi Yusuf Ahmed and/or Prof. Geedi

Tell No: ############ (someone should help me here :D )

gavin   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

Private security firm

Mogadishu, Somalia

contact person: Abdillahi Yusuf Ahmed and/or Prof. Geedi

Tell No: ############ (someone should help me here
:D
)

I don't think you understand the concept of "private".

I dont think u understand the concept of private security!

xamar is city in a war zone! its not like Beverly hills or Disneyland...! what makes u think that you can do private security in place where 60 thousands highly armed couldnt secure!!

stay in oc and do your thing there baan ku daheey hajika...! u know that there are no taco bells in xamar?? :confused:

Abwaan   

Originally posted by rudy:

I dont think u understand the concept of private security!

xamar is city in a war zone! its not like Beverly hills or Disneyland...! what makes u think that you can do private security in place where 60 thousands highly armed couldnt secure!!

stay in oc and do your thing there baan ku daheey hajika...! u know that there are no taco bells in xamar?? :confused:

loooool...well said rudy, ishaad ka riddey u sheeg carruurtaan inay bannaanadaas kale ku ciyaaraan.

gavin   

Sigh. No I don't live in the OC, and no I don't compare Somalia to Disneyland... Sounds like you have a stereotypical view of Americans.

All I want to do is help in a small way the people of Somalia stand on their own, without the help of the TFG and other nationalists (including my own government).

You all complain on this forum daily about the TFG--yet ridicule people (like myself) who wish to weaken them. How odd.

So, is it my American-ness that annoys you, or is it my desire for less government? If it is *me being an American*, is there _anything_ I can do to prove that I am on the side of the average Somali?

lol! r u really crack me up!! hey when u go there, u will have no choice but to guard tfg...

so there, u will be part of the problem.. does that ring a bell?

if u aint flight 13, u married to one?? try to do a lil research if you wanna jump into this ocean.. it might even save your life. just an fyi.

gavin   

Flight 13? No, I'm not affiliated with any part of the US military, assuming that's what you are referring to.

And for now, I'm not looking for protection for myself, but for Somalians living in Somalia. I'm trying to send some money (and maybe money from other American libertarians) to locally-owned private security agencies. Not to warlords (which are just little dictators, am I right?), or TFG, or ICU, or especially any American private agencies like Blackwater.

No, I don't believe private-police can stop a rampaging army! Even so, private-police can prevent a lot of crime in any country, whether it's the US or Somalia. And yes, there are many places in the US which rely on Private Security.

I believe that when *relative* peace is attainable, then local peoples do not demand that government come in with an army to "keep the peace". This helps to deflate the support of groups like TFG. When people can have simple security without government+taxes, then people may tell government to 'go away!' (which is what I'd love to hear Somalians say).

I'm also hoping someone on these forums would actually take an this American seriously, and not assume I agree with the crap my own government spews. Please!

hey, your intentions are good, and i wish u the best of luck, but as some one who has a lil bit of info thru family ties and friends, (i was child last time i was there) is this.

if u r serious, want to invest money there, may do a visit and check it out.

next best idea is probably to do a lil research on the net and then eval it.

its your money after all.

gavin   

Where should I do this research into Somali-owned private security agencies? (besides this forum, I mean)

Cara.   

There are many thugs for hire roaming around in parts of Somalia. Put them in dark suits and sunglasses, give them walkie-talkies, and presto!

"Somali-owned private security agencies"

gavin   

Originally posted by Cara:

There are many thugs for hire roaming around in parts of Somalia. Put them in dark suits and sunglasses, give them walkie-talkies, and presto!

"Somali-owned private security agencies"

Yes, that's true of any new system. Eventually, though, the thugs go out of business, and the good security firms make money and hire more people. That's how free-markets work, generally.

So again, I'm hoping someone knows of some *ethical* security firms I can contact for investment. I imagine there are decent, respectful Somalis who want to help provide security, but are missing investment capital.