Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somaliland transfers custody of Oromo man to Ethiopia

NGONGE   

There is no such thing as 'one-way loyalty', Xiin. Had you argued that what SL and PL get in return is mere crumbs compared to what they give out I may have taken you seriously. But this obsession of yours with one-way loyalty renders your argument as mad and naive as that of A&T. Bal adna xabad gabay ku tuur, kolay you cannot view the issue without the blinkers on here. :D

Ps

At least we agree these are political acts.

^^Gabay ima hayyo maanta yaa xaaji NG :D !

What they get in return is, in the big scheme of things, negligible! It’s one-way loyalty adeer…

Abtigiis   

Ayoub, I told you why I support the ONLF. They are the in the stage where SNM was in 1988. It would have been cruel for me to suggest a 'real somalilander' not the 'condoms' that are only there terrotrially, must not support the SNM when Hargeisa was ravaged, when women were raped on a broad daylight and when properties were seized and robbed by clanmen posing as 'Government' in 1980s. Nor would I have talked about democracy and referendum then. The priority was to stop the genocide.

I hope you will see what is happening in Oga'de.nia for what it is. I don't wish to draw your attention to the horrendous human right violations there.

BUT, when that stage is over, I will be requesting what I want the 'Mujaahideen' in SL to do today. To allow people to express themselves freely. To allow people like Jama M.Qaalib and Samatar brothers to come and campaign for unification. I reckon many among the 'rebellious' clan would have listened to. Not to mention the 'second' class Somalilanders - including Riyaale, who are only there as a coping strategy and to share the loot.

Ngonge

What makes you look for a border between you, Xinn and me is what astounds me. Economics, sociology, psychology, Geography, and common sense dictates that it is to the best of all of us to be togather. Remember we are talking about our wishes here. That they seem impractical or far-flung doesn't reduce its inherent holiness.

NGONGE   

^^ Before today the reply would have been NO. After today's explosions and depending on the response (if you are really lucky), your argument about economics, sociology, psychology and geography may just have a bit of credence. I doubt it of course. One explosion does not a revolution make.

^^Extradition is the official process by which one nation or state requests and obtains from another nation or state the surrender of a suspected or convicted criminal. Between nation states, extradition is regulated by treaties.

Ethiopia is a recognised state. SL is not. The process in which a makeshift entity such SL surrenders and transfers a susbect in its borders to a nation like Ethiopia has a different name!

Please call its name and dont confuse people by debicting this as a normal dealing between two equal states!

I think we are done in here.

Agreed Mr Caanooley. Now don't bring my name in vain again. So shuuush and let's this the last exchange you son of..... ok I will be nice :D .

Originally posted by Oodweyne:

And, finally, let’s hope for the sake our sanity and as well as for the sake of our collective need of having a smooth debate of this kind in here, that at least we should base our arguments and analysis on the reality of the international state system that exist today; but, not so much of what we wished for it to be so, on the contrary.

Regards,

Oodweyne.

If only you could hear your own plea of having sanity! The reality is, despite what you wish or SL local admin would desire, as of today, SL is legally part of Somalia. Even Ethiopia, a country you claim you have entered a treaty with does not honor you with the status you so desperately seek!

But who could object the fleeting pride a wandering mule amongst horses feels!

^^ :D Raggeedii...but i hope you realize the scantiness of your arguments when it comes to minor, and mere regional admins, which the Riyale admin certainly is, signing treaties with bigger, more dominant nation states like Ethiopia!

Che and Oodweyne, hala kala roodaado, baliis. Waxaan soo noqnoqonaayo once a while is tiresome, if not ciyaalnimo mentality.

ThePoint, saan waa dhaami jirtay maxaa waaye, duqa? Kamoon, that was a out of line, uncouth and distastefully vulgar.

Abtigiis   

Oodweyne,

Kindly produce the evidence of a signed extradition agreement between Ethiopia and Somaliland (As much as it would be non-binding internationally and irrelevant). Assuming that it MUST exist somewhere just because logically it should be somewhere is not an evidence! Proof please, not tiring verbosity!

On a more serious note, focus on substance when writing things, for you are truly a master of the queen's language. I don't see that in your otherwise intersting four-liner-sentences.

How long you have been here in SOL doesn't show how wise you are. So, focus on the issues at hand.