Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somaliland transfers custody of Oromo man to Ethiopia

N.O.R.F   

Ngonge,

Your argument seems to be one of nationalistic fervor without much objectivity. We are all fully aware of the political situation. We are fully aware that SL tries to appease Ethiopia whenever it can. We are all aware that people are handed over to the Ethiopians because of SL’s (and PL’s) weakness’ in terms of the geopolitical situation and, as you have already stated, to save themselves and their people from Ethiopia’s wrath. You have merely explained WHY these extraditions take place (something most people already knew).

My problem with your argument is:

a) the fact that you’re in agreement with such actions by the admin

b) you’re prepared to accept it without anything in the way of laws and procedures being in place (something you seemed to advocate for in your first post)

c) the fact that you view your position as being nationalistic

Nationalism (if there is such a thing) does not mean accepting the actions of the government (even when they are in a tight spot). Nationalism is looking out for the betterment of the lives of civilians by pushing for their rights under a transparent legal system. Especially in relation to extradition to countries known for torturing it’s prisoners.

Ps, nice little red herring there with Islamic Unity and Independence :D Bring it on none-the-less.

Abtigiis   

It was hardly surprising that Oodweyne (with all due respect to his elaborate method of imparting information/knowledge) had filled the whole length of nearly one-page giving a useful but not so-relevant discourse on Law 101 and particularily on the subject of extradition.

No one disputes that it is a pleasure to read Oodweyne's long sentences even when you disagree with its contents.

What he basically highlighted was that Somaliland's national interst (which in view of the fact that it is a tribal entity could be construed as 'tribal interst') takes precednce to matters of humanity and morality. That sounds fair enough viewed from the angle of pure politics and pragmatic positioning of one's interst.

As much as I deplore such narrow focus on a worldly issue ( at the expense of the supreme teachings of our religion,our somali decorum, and our humanitarian responsibility); and the apparent preoccupation with imagined treaties that, acutally, are only in the minds of deceitful bipeds, but not on any parchments I know of (extradition treary between Ethiopia and who? the non-entity Somaliland?); I also deplore his touting about jargons and processes while at the same time he remains legally fastidious.

Yet, I would leave that point at that, lest it will take us back to arguments that were adequately covered before and lest 'the appetite may sicken and so die' redolent of Shakespeare's mild caveat in 'the Twelfth Night' .

What was baffling to me was his audacity to admonish me and others (including Xinnfaniin- who he rightly says is a comrade-in-arms, an allusion I accept with glee), not to call a spade a spade, and lay bare the shaky foundations of the Banana entity built on the plinth of accrued grieviences, hate, false sartorial pride, and sheer opportunism. Must I remind dear Mr.'big fence' that such a hate, for Af-weyne, for 'F' and for whoever is seen as the butchers of the insuperable people, is afterall, a fleeting impulse.

That is what all the jist of all the often-disguised medley motives for having a separate homeland in the North by a SINGLE tribe is all about.

Hence, while I call upon this knave and delinquent waayeel by the name of that dusty town in Hawd, to end blowing his coquettish plumage for a cause that is unworthy of even his frantic efforts of scribbling down inneneudos here in SOL, to repent and buy conscience; I also would like to warn fellow SOL'ers against countenances of any self-admiring out and out cheats and tribalists who would labour day and night to give this cheap and medivieal zeal for a division of a country and dissection of a nation, a creditable cover!

AYOUB   

^^ For an ONLF supporter, you do TALK a good game. Somaliland is from Laascaanood to Saylac. What makes it SINGLE tribe? Please elaborate Mr A&T!

Abtigiis   

geographically Yes. But those who espouse the doctrine for separation are disproportionately from one clan. Facts are facts! Polictical expediency is something else.

I am PROUD to be an ONLF supporter, in their fight against oppression and colonisation. But when it comes to their aspirations, I am proud to distance myself from any O-related would-be state or inclinations.

AYOUB   

A&T

Lajiifiya banaan. SINGLE tribe issue does not seem to get in the way of your support for ONLF. Now that's a FACT.

But when it comes to their aspirations, I am proud to distance myself from any O-related would-be state or inclinations.

What if your future aspirations turn out to be SINGLE TRIBE aspirations. Will you be pragmatic as pragmatic ( as you're to the current ONLF ) or jump back on the high horse. Just a thought.

Abtigiis   

Look Ayoub, if you are intersted in knowing why I support ONLF against the Axmaaro and Tigre's, it is simple: a muslim Somali fighting a christian occupier. I guess that doesn't look so difficult to fathom. That the tribe happened to be my tribe in this case is merely a coincidence.

Proof: I support the Muqaawama in Somalia against Yey and his fawning traitors. I supported the SNM against Siyaad's merciless oppression. I wish you knew my stance then. As far as the 'tribe' in Somaliland I am talking about is concerned, I haven't passed any judgement on whether they should or should not be allowed to seceed. Infact, me, I am of the opinion that no-one should be kept in a house he doesn't wish to live in. I just stated a known FACT: that when someone says I am a Somalilander, it usually tells who his tribe is.

I am also of the opinion that those who wish to live alone without the nuisance of the 'unruly' Somali's in the south, must be allowed to do so. But on a simple precondition: That they will allow a democratic process to take root whereby both opponents and proponents of secession are allowed to campaign freely in an atmosphere that is clean from mobocracy and intimidation. Then, the choice of the people who opted to live 'independently' will be valid.

Concerning my pragmatism and what I will do should things take an ugly turn, I think you shouldn't wait for what I would do. I am already doing something about it, writing about it elsewhere, campaigning on the need to get rid of this divisive and tribal name ( whatever its supporters will present as a justification). I am already telling you that I will not, in a health state of mind, support or even blink to consider supporting ANYTHING less than the much-rediculed, out of vogue SOMALIWEYN aspirations.

Does that settle your concern? Mise waa mindi mindi ku taag!

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

geographically Yes. But those who espouse the doctrine for separation are
disproportionately
from one clan. Facts are facts! Polictical expediency is something else.

I am PROUD to be an ONLF supporter, in their fight against oppression and colonisation. But when it comes to their aspirations, I am proud to distance myself from any O-related would-be state or inclinations.

Stop digging, saaxib. You're on shaky ground already. :D

Ayub,

I am not sure what your argument is above, saaxib. I can not read your mind and therefore I could only reply and react to words you post on here. In your first post you compared the situation to one of those that took place in Pakistan and other countries. I challanged you on that and, ever since, have been following that straight line. Still, let us start again, what is your problem with this whole thing? Kindly, try to be clear this time.

Norf,

You're no better yourself. You misunderstand my position on this issue as some sort of nationalistic zeal. Well, it is not. If I point to the shortcomings of your argument here I do not do it in order to brag that I am a better Somalilander than you, I do it because I am genuinly unsure if you understand the cause you are supporting.

I said it and say it again: it is politics, pure and simple.

N.O.R.F   

^^Like I've already said saxib, we are well aware of the reasons for such actions on the part of SL/PL. It is indeed politics. My point was that such politics should not make one 'accept' those actions.

NGONGE   

Under the circumstances, you have no choice but to accept, saaxib. But I suppose you will tell me you already know that we don't live in an ideal world.

In light of the recent explosions in that city, brace yourself for more arrests and extraditions.

Abtigiis   

Mujaahid Ngonge,

Good to know you are a born-again somalilander, like my freind Abdi from the heartland of Kenya, who after finding out who he is in 2004, is now glorifies the martyers who died in 1988 with new tears and refuses to call himself to be a Somali without suffix! The proselytes are more passionate than the burned ones.

In Ethiopia, they call it 'Ye dhil atbiya' (dawn star). It is such people who join liberation fronts at Checkpoints hours before they take towns, that actually smash doors and put gun at the head of everyone shouting "soo bax wayaa, kaadidaan u soocabnay halgankee".

AYOUB   

Ngonge

Once again go back to page 1 for my first post. I repeat P1.

That they will allow a democratic process to take root whereby both opponents and proponents of secession are allowed to campaign freely in an atmosphere that is clean from mobocracy and intimidation. Then, the choice of the people who opted to live 'independently' will be valid.

You support the ONLF because they will do this in Og*denia, soo mahaa? :D Lordy lord!

NGONGE   

^^ Fair enough. It's an ideal world you seek (from the government that arrested the Qaran boys no less). Ok, you are on a different warpath here and though I see the futility of it (today) I have no choice but to agree with you.

A&T

You write so well and display a clear ability to form coherent and logical thoughts yet always fail when faced with a proper argument. Saaxiibka Abdi ama gabay oon bad nago waasha. Further still, you resort to duplicity and brain dead notions about one clan entities when you know full well that Somaliland is not made up of one clan nor that all its supporters hail from that clan alone.

So long as you choose to conduct a discussion along these duplicitous lines I am more than happy to play to your tune and wave the one clan flag in your face, saaxib. Enjoy. :D

Ayyoub, you didn't like my qs to xaji NG, eh!

What's so rabbit bunch for asking clarification adeer?

NG, you are confused, and in the process managed to confuse a lot of folks here! Fact of this matter remains that when all is said and done SL's acts, or PL's for that matter, are political in nature, and NOT necessary security measures! It’s primarily to appease Ethiopia and we all know it. It’s to show one-way loyalty to her! It's NOT to preserve mutual relationship. Simply put, these kinds of activities benefit the corrupt admins in those two places. It does NOT benefit the citizens/public! It’s unfortunate adeer!

That you agree with such arbitrary detentions/transfers is quite disturbing, awoowe!

Originally posted by Oodweyne:

As for the
Johnny-come-late chap who seemed to shadow box me rather boorishly around here of
SOL
, namely the said
Mr. Che
of the infamous Italian’s Mogadishu’s orphanages of the bygone years, one could only say to him: that the perhaps it’s the case that after you have read the
“unmanly vulgarity”
of
Mr. ThePoint
that is up, there may have been a brief moment that you have experienced a
“historical flash-back”
towards your misspend youth in yore.

Particularly, during the
wash-hour
in the
communal toilets
of the orphanages that you were brought up in it; and specifically all the
hanky-panky
that used happens there, specifically, when one innocent bystander drops, inadvertently of course, the soap.

Hence one could easily understand as to why you relished the thought of that
“misspend youth”
of yours, and it’s facsimile allusion that could be gleaned from what
Mr. ThePoint
did share with us, unprompted by anybody, of course (
particularly as a condition that he suffers from it
), in the first place.

War habarta odaga la,saar. Waraa caanoolay, we have been there before. Now be useful and be bed warmer wax kaloo lagu dheefaayo malahee. icon_razz.gif