Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somaliland transfers custody of Oromo man to Ethiopia

NGONGE   

Of course you can. I already explained that I was dealing with two points there, saaxib (one about the ones calling the man maskiin and the other about the deal between the two sides). Stop being obtuse.

A&T,

I do not need to understand all of that (though I admit it helps) to reach the position I have reached. This is a political decision, pure and simple. Of course, in your case, considering that you are not from Somaliland and do not agree with nor support that entity’s decision to secede, all this is neither here nor there for you. I fully understand and appreciate your position. However, from a Somaliland point of view, I also fully understand and agree with their position (in the circumstances of course).

I am seriously starting to wonder if Norf and Ayub are fair-weather Somalilanders though! Surely they understand the way states operate and that the end game has always been to do things that are beneficial to the state itself. In this case, the powers that be deemed it necessary to hand over this man. The reasons for handing him over are clear: NATIONAL INTEREST.

Now, if your argument is one of Islam, Somalnimo and what have you, are you not as confused as our Red Sea is? Should you not retrace your steps and find out what you have decided to support Somaliland’s pursuit of independence? After all, such independence would always entails taking steps that are out of synch with what Somalnimo is or Islamic Unity (without being blasphemous of course). What it boils down to in the end is that EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF.

I shall depart with a little qandheefo for A&T. He’s been hiding behind Somaliland you see and shouting out about the wrongs they have committed here. But how better are his boys from that region that I dare not type on here? Are they for Somaliweyn or will they also seek to secede at the earliest chance?

(sorry, busy these days and can't be here all the time).

Abtigiis   

First of all, let me say that it is disheartening to know that the great mind of Ngonge (at this age of globalisation) opted to confine itself to an ideal that is as narrow as the size of a baby's pants. If Ngonge can't go out of this incurable malady of I belong to this and hence I support this, who else will? I am not decrying Xaaji Xundjuf's decision; I am despairing because I lose hope when even great minds can't think outside the suffocating box. And seeing him basically playing McCain - accusing Ayub and Norf for not having enough 'blood and uus' is even more bitter to swallow.

Coming to the ONLF and what they aspire for, I can tell you my position. I HAVE NEVER dreamed of a separate homeland or entity that will declare independence. For me, the fight is a phase in reconstituting the Somaliweyn dream. Let me come to what opinion leaders and most of the people ONLF represents think. They are predominantely against living under Ethiopian Occupation. The preoccupation has been on that single issue. But the fact is there is no question, judging by the political positions they adopted at different times, that the clan is a flag-bearer of Somali Unity. Tell me one single one of them who is not supporting the Somaliweyn vision?

Adeeroow waad ceeboowdaye, nigiska yar ee ciyaalka eed dhex gashay iskaga dhex bax!

NG, what exactly are you saying brother?

Are you saying:

1- Somaliland is a country that has a treaty with Ethiopia, and consequently these transfers fall in the normal dealings between two states.

Or:

2- Somaliland is a weak entity in a failed state; hence these sorts of transfers are done to appease its dominant neighbor to safeguard its narrow political survival (that was my argument)!

Abtigiis   

Xinn,

He is saying the latter!

In light of new evidence, I am reconsidering my friendship with Ngonge and have temporarily called my Amabassador in his turf. Ninku waa Faysal Cali Waraabe oo wax bartay uun shoow?

Waakii Xeedho yidhi:

Mirqaan nacay hadii uu siciid miig ku kicin waayey

Marwo nacay hadii uu Mukhtaar wali ka meeraayo

Miyir nacay hadii uu Muxumed-Gaas Toori midigaystay

Maskax nacay hadii uu Ngonge meel cidla ah raacay

Abtigiis   

Anyone who espouses Somaliland secession, which is in reality a one-clan vision, is tribalist at heart. Not that I mind if a clan wants to sceceed, but it shouldn't be disguised as a collective decision of all Somali's in the North!

somali waxay tidhaa rag iska dhicis iyo alle ka cabsi meel ma wada galaan.

some somalilanders have a huge chip on their shoulder i.e. they are still stuck in defense mode to legitimize the existence and independence of somaliland therefore any criticism aimed at somaliland ... is by default wrong .. im talking about the stance of JB et al

then you have another group .. unabashedly pro somaliland but still have the independence of thought to say 'hey this is wrong' Ayoub et al

im still trying to figure what NG stance is so for the time ill not put him into my neat little boxes.

I find it strange that it is even debatable whether this was wrong or not

NGONGE   

GJ,

You do not need to put me in any boxes, saaxib. I would be saying the same thing even if I were not from Somaliland. It has nothing to do with having a chip on one’s shoulder or being unabashedly pro Somaliland. It is POLITICS, pure and simple.

I will say it again; in an ideal world Somaliland will not exist and will be part of some great Somali state or even a united Muslim Umah! Alas, this is not an ideal world and Somaliland does exist. But what sort of Somaliland exists? Is it a civilised country that upholds the law and has all its governance systems in place? Of course not! I mean, come on, they just started registering their citizens for the vote. That is (rightly) seen as a great leap forward. But a leap from what? Aha! I hope you get the message now. If you did (or already did), would you be able to shout WRONG WRONG WRONG as you do and still keep a straight face? It follows then that, under the circumstances and faced with the various constraints, Somaliland has done (and is doing) the right thing by appeasing its powerful neighbour and keeping its side on whatever bargain that was made between the two sides.

Xiin,

Both points, saaxib (though the use of the word IN when you say ‘weak entity in a failed state’ is slightly debatable).

A&T,

It was a while back and (to be honest) with the merest whiff of interest that I saw or read something about the O people having their own flag and other such signs that show them to have their own dreams of independence (it did not strike me as independence from Ethiopia alone). I shall check up on it and return to you in due course.

In the meantime, keep on writing those pomes every time you’re lost for words.

Ps

Withdrawing your ambassador is an act of aggression and I shall retaliate by barring him from leaving NGONGELAND and forcing him to walk the streets wearing a t shirt with the words ‘I LOVE MELES’ writen with the colours of the Somaliland flag.

EDIT:

Hurrah! My guru returns. :D

Originally posted by ThePoint:

Awwwwwwwwww shucks. What a lovefest. Shall we arrange private quarters so you can continue the mutual 69ing?
:D

Good riddance but LooooooooooooooooL

AYOUB   

Ngonge

I temporarily stopped directly responding to you when you insisted "wrong or right is not the issue". What more is there to say? Nothing but to agree to disagree. Even the Guru insists deportation should be according to the law. Should the man have been be deported? Why has he been deported? Who made the decision to deport him? Has he even been deported? I DON'T KNOW! Very few seem to know. Even J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o who acts like SOL's man on the ground seems to be in the dark. Latest reports say the man is not an Oromo but Somali. Some even say he is native Somalilander. If he is, what are his interests? Do I oppose and condemn the way the authorities handled this man and the ones before him? YES! If you think asking for the authorities to follow the due process is somewhat un-Somalilander, so be it. SL's relation with Meles seems to be the only National Interest for you. Only you can explain why this man's deportation is in the national interest when everything surrounding it seem to be not only full of misinformation but also mysterious. The reasons are certainly not "clear" as you claimed and I dare say it is as illegal like the ones before. Let's wait and see - like J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o insists.

We're still Muslims even without Caliphate, and still Somalis even without Somaliweyn. There has never been a Somaliweyn and even under the Ottoman empire local Suldaans and Imams always used to run things. As a Muslim, if you sign a treaty with ANYONE, you are bound to HONOUR it. Otherwise you let the othern party know where you stand. Be it a strong or a weak country. I don't consider Ethiopia a strong country, by-the- way. It is a majority Muslims country ruled by a Christian TPLF (a once upon a time Somali Republic National Interest) minority group with the help of others. For how long will this regime last? Who'll be most likely people to replace them? Have taken all these factors into the account when you decided what is your "national interest" was?

It wasn't long ago when the SL authorities and some opposition politicians supported Djibouti in its confrontation with Eritrea and promised to stand by her. They claimed it was because they were our "Somali and Muslims brothers". People opposing the move claimed it was NOT IN OUR NATIONAL INTEREST. It all depends on the beer-holder.

By-the-way, judging from your comments and questions, I don't think you even bothered to read this thread from Page 1.

Xiin

Don't get ahead of yourself, as long as you're not the "strongest" country on the planet, there'll always be someone demanding some physical appeasing from you. Surely rabbit punches can't be a solution.