Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Puntland State major projects: Cade Muse the capitalist

Emperor   

^This thread has nothing to do with what happened in Afgoye, why bring up that issue on here... :confused:

Progress of Puntland is the progress of Somalis and the Somali republic.

Adeer Che you must be confusing me for someone else, I am here highlighting and pushing for the economic progress of my people and their unity, and their national statehood. You on the other hand are allergic to the North East or Puntland state and keep spreading the propoganda of the cleaning lady bombers.

Adeer the people want to live in a normal state and not be tricked by some fake Jihadis and their silly cyber-warriors their utter nonsence.

Who is against the Somali's and their interets a cyber warrior who fights from the comfort of his home in Boston or a man who champions their national governance and progress?

Go figure

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

^slow news day?

apart from Alshabaab tearawrists lunatikz, oops I meant Ethiopians, executing 40 Somali civilians and the tribe idol being summoned to Ethiopia( the country he doesn't care about), nothing major to copy and paste today.

Who is bombing Banadir, and using terror tactics?

You’re again confusing yourself. I have been against the child bombers and those who wish insecurity on Puntland.

Originally posted by General Duke:

You on the other hand are allergic to the North East and spread the rpopganda of the cleaning lady bombers.

We don't believe you..you need more people once again. The cleaning ladies were probably killed by the roaches that protect your uncle.

Puntland Livestock Quarantine and Holding Ground

Bossaso, Puntland: Mr. Hassan Khalaf Al Hasani of Gulf International Veterinary Quarantine Management Company (L.L.C.) arrived in Bossaso, Puntland. Mr. Al Hasani was greeted at the Bossaso Airport by the Governor of Bari Region Hon. Muse Gelle and Mr. Omar Ismail Waaberi Chairman of the Somali Livestock and Trading Company (the former Alfurqan Livestock and Trading Company).

The Puntland Livestock Quarantine and Holding Ground is a joint venture between the Suleiman S.
Al-Jabry Trading Est. Company and the Government of Ras Al-Khaimah. Gulf International Veterinary Quarantine Management Company (L.L.C)
was created by the two Joint venture partners with the main task of managing the Puntland Livestock Quarantine and Holding Ground.

During his stay in Puntland, Mr. Al Hasani will be meeting with Puntland Government Officials and local business leaders. Mr. Al Hasani will also meet with the engineers at the livestock quarantine construction site and evaluate the progress of the construction work.

Without offending anyone, do supporters of Puntland still believe these projects will bring economic progress to the region? Adde Muse has been promising a better economic future for the last 3 years(always around the corner) and it has yet to materialize.

Salaries remain unpaid, insecurity is far worse than pre-2005, and the much-hyped oil deal has resulted in internal fighting within Range's Directorial Board. Liban Boqor has been dismissed from Range's Board while Managing Directory Peter Landau has been dismissed. Interestingly it was Peter Landau who originally brought Range to Puntland.

We will see if the same fate awaits Africa Oil which 80% of drilling proceeds were sold to by Range. Internally, within Puntland there remains strong internal opposition to these deals mostly due to some Puntland constituencies having deals/potential deals with other outside economic entities other than Range/Africa Oil.

So my question is, without any personal attacks, - How realistic are these economic good times around the corner?

I will try to answer your questions as best as I can.

First these projects are important and essential to the future of the state, many other projects micro and macro also are required to be undertake from the public as well as the private sector, these projects are hoped to be the catalyst for a new Puntland. will these change the economic realities on the ground, yes i belive they will.

The Range deal is a long term one, it’s about mapping and finding the oil & gas and other minerals of commercial value, but it will take a few more years for us to be in a position of oil exploitation .

The opposition gainst this deal has not materialized the workers have been in Puntland for months now and there has not been any incidents of note even those making up such incidents and making threats have themselves become tired, and this has to be taken into consideration when one talks about the "security situation". If the locals were against this would they [RANGE] have survived this long.

The other two projects are what I class as short [the livestock] and medium [ports] term projects. The livestock deal is a great move, by getting the suppliers and the buyers together in a single area you make the process more efficient and attract business to our financial centre Bossaso. Also the buyer has invested in the industry and will ensure that all legalities and certification required for the recvieving market are satisfied. No more bans on Somali meat.

The port project if it materializes is a great leap forward; one has to see the effect the Dubai ports management has had on our sister city of Djibouti just as a simple example.

A nomad here gave a great answer to this question, how else could we get such infrastructure projects without foreign investment and know how. Consider how many projects were carried out by the Somali state even when we had a strong central government?

Two important deficiencies are overcome with these projects, getting outside capital and know how and exposing the Somali population to outsiders and new ideas. Look at Dubai as the very example, but we are a much larger country and have greater population and potential.

In summary, these projects take a long time to develop, Cade has been around for 3 years had to start from scratch, made many mistake, but look at the new airport, the new quarantine and the staff of Range/African Oil on the ground. Are all these just fake or is something taking root? That’s the question I pose to you.

Yet salaries are not paid. This is the worry. Before getting to the funds exchanging hands in birthing these deals, the internal income from having a coastline, port, and rudimentary taxation regimen seems to be disappearing. Adde Muse in all his latest interviews - the latest currently posted on the VOA website Interview with Adde re:Port Deal - admits as much and promises the problem of non-payment of security forces and civil services will soon be addressed. If a governing entity is not able to pay its own soldiers and bureaucracy, can it call itself a government?

While your defense is well thought out and presented, the facts on the ground do not support the theory.

The issue with regards to the non payment of salary is a valid one.

It’s unpardonable and I will not try to defend the admin for this.

I do understand a number of issues, that money have been wasted, it was also used on the defense of the state in the mini war the country faced and also we must not overlook the great burden the TFG places on Puntland financially.

The salaries have not been paid lately this is not a historical fact it’s a recent phenomenon and hence as the president said he will address as they have the security issue.

Even the TFG leader admonished Cade and his group with regards to the security and the problems caused by such actions.

While I acknowledge the fact I would not go as far as to say there is no government, it’s a weak a bitter reflection of the nation called Somalia.