Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Somaliland: America’s underestimated friend

by Bashir Goth

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Think about Somalia and all that jumps to mind is the image of a lawless country where extremist forces have turned it into killing fields, where people are butchered, maimed and their dignities and human rights are trampled on in the name of a mangled Islam, where piracy is a lucrative business that brings brides and undreamed of wealth and luxuries to hapless maritime scarecrows. It is a place where the President of the internationally-backed Transitional Federal Government (TFG) hides in a foxhole called Villa Somalia with the protection of African Forces but gets red-carpet treatment in western countries. A place where corruption is so rife that government officials as well as clan militias and unscrupulous local contractors get hefty bribes in order to allow world donated food supplies to reach the displaced and the needy sheltered in make-shift camps. A place where the TFG’s western trained military sells its weapons to their sworn enemies due to an intricate mix of clan loyalty and endemic indifference to military values and patriotic feelings.

This almost sounds like Xaaji's talking points

Hypocritical praise: Response to Mr. Goth's comments on Somaliland

by Mohamud Ahmed

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"History gets thicker as it approaches recent times" [A.J.P. Taylor English History 1914-45]

Let me begin by asserting that the intent of this article is not to undermine or damage Mr. Goth's credibility. I personally enjoy reading Mr. Goth's conflicting stories. But what puzzles me most is his tendency to treachery and dishonest. Time and again, it has been difficult to comprehend his reasoning when it comes to the fundamental issue: 'the Somali Unity." In his most recent controversial piece titled: Somaliland: America’s underestimated friend, Mr. Goth unapologetically bashed Somalia and stamped it as a nonexistent entity, while he depicted the North-Western part of the same country an exceptional place of oasis and progress.

rejoinder

Polanyi   

I was going to say somethin about Bashir Goth, but then I remembered how Ngonge might say, " don't speak ill of the liberal Somaliland Ulema". I joke.

See yall around another time.

NGONGE   

^^ It can't be the truth if his uncle is president and he is happy with that. :D

At any rate, the first article there is pure spin that is clearly directed at America. Good on Goth.

A&T, you're quoting someone's article but not the actual piece of Goth ........

Then that was 1991 i mean 20 years ago when there was no even proper government ,,,,,,

juma-nne   

why delete your post Mr. Che?

My comment was nothing more than remind castro of the Golden Rule.

"thou shall not judge others before judging thy self"