Sign in to follow this  
Sky

Stunning landscape of Babile and Environs.

Sky   

These lands are the true Somali lands in Ethiopia not what that blogger posted. I would say these are breathtaking as well. Babile along with Jinacsaney is one of the Somali districts shamelessly transferred to Oromia regional state. Hopefully they´ll be returned soon. Its said that clanleader/poet/warrior Garaad Wiilwaal roamed here.

BABILE

babile1.JPG

To reach the valley of marvels, you have to drive 40kms by pist and to pass by Babile village.

babile8.JPG

Tissues are colorful, Somalia is very close....

babile4.JPG

This is the valley of marvels which consists of a specatacular stones alignment.

babile3.JPG

babile2.JPG

on an approximately length of one kilometer.

I once stopped by at Baabili for tea and drinks in transit to Addis Abeba. It is located between Jigjiga and Harar cities. Very mountainous terrain.

It was one of the places where the heaviest fights took place during 1977 war. If you ever go there you can still see the rusted tanks on top of hills.

Muhammad   

Sky, well done man! you deserve an award for your Investigative work!

Originally posted by Suldaaanka:

I once stopped by at Baabili for tea and drinks in transit to Addis Abeba. It is located between Jigjiga and Harar cities. Very mountainous terrain.

me 2! I remember it was a hot sunny mid-noon and those fanta's tasted realy good!

Sky   

Lol qumane you need to learn one or two things about the computer. :D

Salaxuddiin, I know. :cool: