Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

ICU will win and how!

Kashafa , you have been very elusive in your latest debating style! You’ve been dwelling in cheap slogans and popular clichés without being bold enough to suggest any strategies. You seem to be content with resistance’s current tactic and plan! You think it’s working and producing the desirable results we all want. We are winning, you shout. And you cite facts on the ground to back up your assertions.

Problem is many of us are starring at a different set of facts! And here are the hard facts I am particularly looking at.

1- Ethiopia is gaining, and not losing in Xamar. It’s displacing innocent families by the thousands. Every day it occupies new territory. By any standard, Ethiopia has defeated your people! Her casual rates are ridiculously low. Yours are high, your civilians are dying either by direct hits of Ethiopians bullets, or as a consequence of it!

2- Almost ninety percent of Somalia is configured to be Ethiopia friendly. Ethiopia gets her shipments from Berbera , her recruits and intelligence from Gaalkacyo , and has secure supply routes in Gedo and Bay . Her tanks are rumpling deep into the Galgaduud deserts facing no resistance at all. Her check points are sat up in the Hiiraan valley! She enters Goldogob and closes down Quranic radios and local schools. Anywhere you look at, Ethiopia has willing locals collaborating with her and accommodating her needs.

^^Those are the facts adeer! And they don’t look good! Neither do they suggest any looming victory over Ethiopia!

Now one wonders what is it that you find so difficult to concentrate the real enemy and see Somalis, the dabodhilifs if you will, for the broken people they really are! What is so difficult to acknowledge that your people are manipulated and controlled by able enemy that is Ethiopia? What makes you ridicule the slightest suggestion of peace talks, or any appeasement toward your divided people in the spirit of addressing the root cause that’s Ethiopia’s hegemony? Does it matter to you that only 3 percent of Somalis if not less are facing the enemy today, and the rest are either enablers or remain oblivious to the tragedy that befell on Xamar? What is your strategy, besides throwing grenades? Any strategy? Any yaa Kashafka? You want kill all the Somalis that are not supporting the resistance? How many do you think are there? Will Ethiopia ever get defeated while you are busy finishing dabodhilifs off?

Let me stop there, and say this to you: what’s going in Xamar will only frustrate Ethiopia’s plans, I can’t realistically see how it will defeat Ethiopia though. Saldhigga Hodan aa la qabsaday then waa laga baxay then waa la qabsaday then waa laga baxay: the net price of this= 30 somalis (you call dabodhilifs) and zero Ethiopians causalities. The place: Xamar! And then you tell me that Somalis are wining. Yaa Rabbi!

Stop the emotional fanfare! Be real adeer. Somalis can indeed sit down and talk to each other. We do it all the time. The dirrin that Baashi talks about makes perfect sense in principle. He never said it will be easy one to organize and hold. But it’s one of the few options we Somalis have. Acknowledge it adeer!

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

GJ, what they are fighting is dowladnimo not ethiopians. if they wanted to fight ethipians they would fight them in addis not xamar. if they were against ethio presence in somalia, they would have made agreements with the government that would have made unnecessary the need for foreign armies and peace keepers. but we do know that not only are they cause ethios coming to Somalia but we also know that they were never honest about seeking a negotiated settlement with the government. If you need proof of this, look at what happened in khartoum. Even worse, out of desperation they have taken in people like caydiid now who was fired for saying ethiopia and somalia will be one country. ICU is a joke! and so are those poor Eritreans who should be focusing on food production and badame rather then Somalia.

You are right the first war wasn't between Ethiopians as such. But rather between the I.C.U and the various warlords. Once the warlords were defeated they were the ones that ran away to Adiss Ababa. Furthermore, the T.F.G welcomed the defeat of the warlords and even sacked some of them from their positions. However, they turned back on their word and all of a sudden thousands of Ethiopians and warlords starting locating around Badaibo. In your dictionary the T.F.G was in danger and our beloved Ethiopians saved from the "Jihadist" and "anarchists". But the fact is that a decision was taken to invade Somalia in june 2007. The minutes of these meeting in Adiss Ababa have been obtained by media and it clearly shows the Americans and Ethiopian took a joint decision to oust the I.C.U. This has nothing to do with dowladnimo and the T.F.G. The Ethiopians crossed the border as soon the anti terror alliance was defeated as thousands of Somali witnesses reported in the Ocaden region. All the T.F.G had to do was say that they didn't want to take part or take sides in the conflict between the warlords and simply watch as the various groups fought each other. They would have come as respectable and honourablem. But as I said before, they chose to welcome and entertain thousands of warlord and Ethiopian troops at Badaibo. After this the I.C.U had every right to resist and defend themselves against the aggression posed at them.

You are telling me this is about government. I agree with you, a government through its' own parliament declared war on a rival group. Which country was this? Ethiopia! So how can you say the I.C.U didn't have the right to do the same against them? What did you expect them do? Why should they go to Adiss Ababa, when the Ethiopian parliament declared war against them in their own land? It would defy all human logic to travel all the way to Adiss Ababa when there are thousands of Ethiopians right on your doorstep. As for Khartoum, the T.F.G didn't speak with their own logic or rationale. Rather they came with the words of their saviours, namely the Ethiopians. How could negotiate with them, when they were harbouring the very same people whom declared war against the I.C.U? Some of the T.F.G even came to table claiming that there were no Ethiopian troops in Somalia! It's like going to reconcile with your neighbours whilst your other enemies are busy in his own kitchen plotting your downfall. Imagine if you walked into the kitchen and you saw those very enemies preparing and sharpening their tools and your neighbour tells you " oh those are some friends who came to train me". Well this is exactly what the T.F.G did! If dowladnimo is a so called Somali cabinet meeting being disrupted by young Ethiopian soldiers at gunpoint; if it is them occupying Muqdisho mosques; and if is them witholding food aid from starving Somalia. Then surely you must understand that Some Somalis are not in favour of this type of "dowladnimo!

Fabregas   

Ethiopia taking casualties doesn't neccesarily translate into them losing. Other nationd have taken far more casualties and still managed to curb insugencies. Secondly in any conflict many variables can change. Thus weli kow lama jogo!