Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

ICU will win and how!

Kashafa,

ICU as we have come to know last year will never return. No movement/government/empire that fell ever made a comeback. This doesn't mean something similar to the ICU - say a religiously inspired grass root movement - will not arise in the future. Just not the ICU that already died. I'm just being realistic.

Kashafa   

Xiin,

Forgive me for resorting to mockery, but how else is one supposed to react to fantasy-based thinking. Billahi Calayk, the only thing more magical than Baashi's dirin process is your foriegn inteference idea. And now we got the Let's Destroy Ethiopia guns out ? What is this ? Sheeko xariiro Month ?

Red's analysis is a fresh breath of air compared to the politically correct posts making the rounds here. You know why ? Because agree with or not, he backs up his reasoning with facts on the ground. You know whats gotta be done to liberate Somalia. It's gonna be a long hard slog with no shortcuts. Yet, even as you've seen the utter failure of that sham reconciliation conference in August, you still have the gumption to buy the dirin dream. No specifics, no benchmarks, nothing concrete. Just dirin. Why ? cuz it sounds good ? cuz it makes you a 'moderate' ? lol, c'moon abti, this is unbecoming a man of ur stature and caqli.

And now, even more bizarrely, you've finally found out the formula to save Somalia ? What is it ? Oh, we just gotta find a why to destroy Ethiopia..... without fighting the dhabo-dhilifs.....um, because(check this one out), the dhabo-dhilifs are our people. Yeah. <-- Is one supposed to take that line of thought seriously ?

There is no magical bullet, Xiin. Peace and Liberation in Somalia will have to be won in the old-fashioned way: Through resistance. Through force of arms. Through fighting and destroying those who seek Ethiopian support. Through making the mere thought of dhabo-dhilifnimo so painful that one will not even think it, let alone act on it.

And that last point is working. Many TFG officials have resigned their offices after seeing countless of high-ranking collaborators bite the dust. Other have refused lucrative appointments.

What more can you ask for ?

Kashafa   

Socod,

Not bad. I just happen to completely disagree. The ICU whether in it's old format(Islamic Courts) or its present format(ICU-led Asmara Alliance) will be a potent force, actually, the force to be reckoned with in Somali politics. For many reasons, but here are 3 major ones:

-They are the only political force that can transcend clan politics and unite the entirety of country.

- They have the support and admiration of average every day Somali, whether he lives in the North, South, West or East.

-They got Shaykh Sharif, arguably the most authentic, most respected, most charismatic Somali alive today.

As a measure of their potency, do you think it's just a coincidence that Jendayi Frazier was pleading with the TFG to integrate the 'moderate' leaders of the ICU ?

Jacpher   

Red Sea: Call it silly but it is very relevant and legitimate.

You insinuate Ethiopian war machines rolling over to PL making their way to Mogdisho when in fact the SNM machine guns were storming peacful PL (read: Laas Caano). It wasn't the Ethiopians, it was the cult in Hageysa in which you proudly hold the pleasure to serve them on these boards. Fact: Ethiopians were already in Baydhabo planning the fall of Mogdisho before any of their soldiers set a food in PL. I don't question your heart and love for Mogdisho inhabitants but you can't be a part time peaceful man. Just few weeks ago, you were not so peaceful when the cult in Hargeysa caused mass exodus and murder in another city. You can't wage war on your right hand and peace on the left. A good example of the never-ending peace process of the Middle East. Well....unless that Oodweyne ME forcasted in about to come out of you.

Get a clean shirt before you start representing Mogdisho. And stop supporting Ethipia's failed policies in the Horn. It brings out the hypocrisy out of the closet to the floor.

GJ, what they are fighting is dowladnimo not ethiopians. if they wanted to fight ethipians they would fight them in addis not xamar. if they were against ethio presence in somalia, they would have made agreements with the government that would have made unnecessary the need for foreign armies and peace keepers. but we do know that not only are they cause ethios coming to Somalia but we also know that they were never honest about seeking a negotiated settlement with the government. If you need proof of this, look at what happened in khartoum. Even worse, out of desperation they have taken in people like caydiid now who was fired for saying ethiopia and somalia will be one country. ICU is a joke! and so are those poor Eritreans who should be focusing on food production and badame rather then Somalia.

Baashi   

Originally posted by Kashafa:

Forgive me for resorting to mockery, but how else is one supposed to react to fantasy-based thinking. Billahi Calayk, the only thing more magical than Baashi's dirin process is your foriegn inteference idea. And now we got the Let's Destroy Ethiopia guns out ? What is this ? Sheeko xariiro Month ?

Kashafa,

Dirrin is the way to go you chicken hawk. You seem to reside in Venus baby boy. You are feeding the gallery a salt-free soft baby food. Specific minority are taking hits day in and day out all the while the rest of the country are watching that drama from a distance. Talk about sheeko baralleey! I’m hearing one right now.

Look this is no brainer. It is not a rocket science. Do you wanna take on a sizable portion of Somalis in collaboration with established state with intact army and international cover -- you better have grassroot support and popular uprising. As of today you simply don’t have that.

This war is not Somalis war. If it is they are not doing the fight. Check.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

Red Sea:
Call it silly but it is very relevant and legitimate.

You insinuate Ethiopian war machines rolling over to PL making their way to Mogdisho when in fact the SNM machine guns were storming peacful PL (read: Laas Caano). It wasn't the Ethiopians, it was the cult in Hageysa in which you proudly hold the pleasure to serve them on these boards. Fact: Ethiopians were already in Baydhabo planning the fall of Mogdisho before any of their soldiers set a food in PL. I don't question your heart and love for Mogdisho inhabitants but you can't be a part time peaceful man. Just few weeks ago, you were not so peaceful when the cult in Hargeysa caused mass exodus and murder in another city. You can't wage war on your right hand and peace on the left. A good example of the never-ending peace process of the Middle East. Well....unless that Oodweyne ME forcasted in about to come out of you.

Get a clean shirt before you start representing Mogdisho. And stop supporting Ethipia's failed policies in the Horn. It brings out the hypocrisy out of the closet to the floor.

You are bit angary today saaxib, but here is a thread where I clearly stressed my concerns for Somaliland and Pland dispute over Sool region.

Read it here.

Jacpher   

^^Redka, You're trying some reverse psychology. That post was full of amusement, not to mention simplicity and lack of accountability. You're speaking of a resistance against Ethiopian occupation in Moqdisho and yet you don't qualify the resistance group to step out of Moqdisho walls and into Dacar Budhuq. Perhaps, you disqualify them for some selfish clan reasons or out of concern of the security of the next door neighbor?

The irony is that you stand behind an agent of Ethiopia whose goal is to partition the country.

Paragonoow, xaad iiga racdeehee Maakhir?

Castro   

^^^^ Jimcaalow, Redka is a hop, skip and a jump from seeing Somaliland for what it is. Don't push him. Soon, I hope, he will relieve himself of the shackles of this antithetical duality: support for Somaliland and support for the resistance to Ethiopian occupation.

Originally posted by Baashi:

Dirrin
is the way to go you chicken hawk. You seem to reside in Venus baby boy. You are feeding the gallery a salt-free soft baby food. Specific minority are taking hits day in and day out all the while the rest of the country are watching that drama from a distance.

Just a couple of observations. There is no "specific" minority taking hits. Upwards of 2 million (in a nation of no more than 10) are directly and severely affected. In addition, there are large numbers indirectly affected in other areas in the South. This amounts to at least 20% (if not a third) of the population being under brutal occupation so it is not a minority by any means.

Secondly, it is true that many are watching the drama from a distance. We can speculate on their motives: whether it is due to fear, lack of resources or even silent support of the enemy, who knows. I choose to believe many of those who decided not do anything about what happens in Muqdisho are simply unable to do anything about what happens in Muqdisho. Their hearts are bleeding but their hands are tied.

On the other side, there are those (and these are the minority) who have given their resources, lives and limbs to support the enemy. They sent their boys and their meager resources great distances to fight alongside (what should be and in fact is) their historic enemy to kill their brethren.

It will likely be extremely difficult to convince those at the receiving end of this violence to sit on the same darin as these collaborators.

RedSea   

Jimcaale and Castro,

So I summed up from what you both said that I cannot support Somaliland and at the same time be anti occupation of my brothers in S.southern Somalia, I can't be against the wrong doings of external enemy against my close fellow somalis?

I wonder what happened to logic?

RedSea   

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

You're speaking of a resistance against Ethiopian occupation in Moqdisho and yet you don't qualify the resistance group to step out of Moqdisho walls and into Dacar Budhuq. Perhaps, you disqualify them for some selfish clan reasons or out of concern of the security of the next door neighbor?

The irony is that you stand behind an agent of Ethiopia whose goal is to partition the country.

Paragonoow, xaad iiga racdeehee Maakhir? [/QB]

Your post is so outrageous that I had to quote you again.. :D

Castro   

Red, my (unproven) thesis is Ethiopia being behind Somaliland's call for secession. There's ample anecdotal evidence to support this theory but nothing concrete I can present. Still, you can surmise I have gone with my gut feeling on this and therefore, contend that supporting a secession engineered by our current occupier is antithetical.

Others may have their own reasons for arriving at the same conclusion but this is mine.

RedSea   

Disagreeing on whether or not Somaliland should seceed is one thing. Everyone here from both aisles could present their personal opinion based on information or misinformation they have gathered from somewhere including 'gut feelings', however that is not viable for anyone to simply down play anyone who thinks what is happening to our fellow bretherens down south is unecceptable, I think all humans should have that opinion not just me, a Muslim and somali.

Castro   

^^^^ Despite your support for a secessionist entity (an obvious shortcoming), you have the decency to condemn the diabolical cruelty being perpetrated against your fellow Somalis.

Baashi   

Castro,

Couple of corrections is in order. Granted Mogadishu is by far the most populous city of the state. Obviously, the two million figure is not based on any formal citation. That is nothing but exaggerated stats you come up with in order to bolster your feeble argument. Whatever the numbers are the majority of Mogadishu residents are sitting out on this fight. That is something you need to reflect on first before you extrapolate.

Second correction: those who chose to sit it out can indeed do a great deal. It is your prerogative to nitpick actualities on the ground for arguments sake. However, it suffices to mention the fact that Turki is fighting the good fight but Jawhar residents are not. One is in the bushes of Ganaane while the other is closer than close. Squaring this fact with your speculation exposes a deep-rooted emotional tantrum. Enough said.

Thirdly I have no idea how you define enemy. Simply put, an enemy is a hostile force adverse to one’s security, well being, interests, property, and what not. In this context, many Somalis will qualify as an enemy and in fact see some of their fellow Somalis as the enemy.

Ethiopia has been a friend to many Somalis when they were most vulnerable to the enemy. Recent histories abound with many evidences. To cite few who considered Ethiopia a friend and their fellow Somalis an enemy at the time are SSDF, SNM, USC, and RRA. The first three the state and the clans of the leading figures were considered the enemy whereas the latter had convinced themselves that Aideed Jr. and his clan militia were the devil incarnate.

Finally it seems to me that we have run the dirrin argument to the ground. I thought we had an honest difference on the subject. Reading your emotional diatribe and the fact it is devoid of reasoning convinces me otherwise. May I remind you that RRA, Jareer Weyn, Gibil Cad - true victims of Somali civil war - have, willingly and knowingly, (after all the tragedies they have been through) sat with their nemessis.

Dirrin is absolutely necessary. How, where, when, and under what terms -- all these details are debatable and open for discussion.