Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Puntland rebuffs Somaliland's Mid Wife allegations

Fear not my dear you will be amongst amorous comrades in lieu of being stranded out in the rain, and no doubt in noble company. Listen NOT to the bare rhetoric and the continuous denigration of your fellow countrymen. Shrug it off. Be proud of the ugly, the bad, and the sick. Swallow the sweet with the bitter. Come on in from the arctic iciness and wintry chills. The door shall always remain open, whenever and wherever.

As for the 18th, my dear that was then, and this is now - a decade had lapsed, or so one would have thought. And to call the flamboyant Hadrawi, a lost soul is not only unbecoming of a lady, but truly defamatory at its meanest. Have not forgotten the first president amongst many Tuur, Kaluun, elders lead by the one and only the king himself “Buur Madow” to name a few, and did you not know Silanyo himself along with his entire entourage are zealous federalists in the waiting, as was their mentor the late Egal? I would not be surprised if Aunt Edna herself were deep down wishing she could have had it differently. And even the Queen of Burco herself is aboard.

Again, whenever and wherever - Cheerio.

Gediid   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

Gediid, I must admit many nomads are ill-equipped for the mere change of heart. Some of us who didn't join yet might even be busy orchestrating a "soon-to-come" wreckage of this "xarrago" unity train.
;)

Let us hope naakhuude Gediid's tower of emotional resilience does not plummet after this long ordeal in the midst of Ramadan.
:D

Oh blimey,why all the pessimism Libaax.

And I thought you would be at the foreront and not at the back.Adna wreckage baad afka ku dhufatey.Well I hope you will prove me wrong here and take your rightly deserved place among the finest.

Angel

Dee maxaan ku idhaa,reer Burco madax adeeg laguma baraan.Instead they are more well known for their courage and resilience.I do not long to see the day when one of Burco's finest is teased as a coward.

Gabbal   

I hope that one lost soul like Hadarwi

Now sis you know that's not a fair description of that kindly, peaceful old man. I would think Somalis, whether in Muqdisho, Burco, Moscow, or Antartica would adhere to tradition, one of them being respect for elders. Especially if that elder is your suppossed uncle ;)

As for Gediid walaal I don't think I can manage a "centrist" view at anytime of the year. I am very opinionated and have never backed down from my opnions to be seens as something I'm not ;)

Libaax

Let us hope naakhuude Gediid's tower of emotional resilience does not plummet after this long ordeal in the midst of Ramadan.

My sentiments exactly. :D

Kowneyn   

For the record, Hadraawi supports the unity of Somalis, he does not support the old ill-fated union which he helped bring down and he certainly is not against the independence of Somaliland.

Like Hadraawi I support independent Somaliland and Unity of Somalis at same time.

Kowneyn

Salaan...

Originally posted by Kowneyn:

Like Hadraawi I support independent Somaliland and Unity of Somalis at same time.

How???? Can you elucidate your point clearly, baliis. And don't start with "free trade, mutual cooperation, defense pacts", etc. Don't. {Ah, if that is the case, for sake's sake, what would Soomaalis trade possibly? Canbo? Babbaay? Geel? Ari Carbeed? :D:D }

And by the way, when Hadraawi was touring the entire South recently, his first thoughts after nabad was sacrosanct unity of Soomaalis everywhere, no?

Soon Wanaagsan.

Kowneny...It does take two to tango, but sadly one of us is in an extended coma, and therefore lacks any legal representation to finalise and validate any mutual divorce. Besides, Sland have already unileteraly withdrawn from the union. Either way, iam all for anyone who thinks that they are better off on their own, and could do without somalia.

Just wondering, how does one mantain somali unity under two independent states. People might feel some of sense of brotherhood, but as states, i think our interests will diverge, not converge

Kowneyn   

The first and foremost prerequisite for any Unity is fully independent Somaliland. Once Somaliland is irrevocably independent and viable, recognized internationally especially by other Somali states like djibouti and Somalia then and only then can the unity of Somalis be contemplated.

At that time creative ways to revitalize Somali unity and to reconcile and heal the people can be considered. This process should be gradual and well thought-out learning from and avoiding the pit-falls of the past.

Kowneyn

MMA,

Hadrawi views himself as someone who belongs to all Somalis and that is ok and in fact admirable. However, he clearly stated that he respects the right of the people of Somaliland to determine their fate. He also thinks if and when Somalis unite it should not be based on shallow emotionalism but sound islamic principals.

Kowneyn

Gediid and S Warrior, as ever I have respect loads of respect for you. I dont mind coming on this train but where are we heading and when will we arrive there?

Angel Dust will come if I come right, so come on my dear.

Sophist   

After subjecting torturously to read this thread, laughter ensued just before dismay took its deserved seat. I laugh because of the nature's comical way of showing the scrawny minded borrowing certain tribe's attire to dress their unsightly flesh, but funnily enough the attire does not cover it up well - there, the glimpse of their festering body; reeking more than dead rotten fish in a grimy sewage appears ignobly. They walk fast, continuing their journey with fastened base. But the damage has already done. In order to get rid off the odour they left behind, substantial hygiene workers need to be summoned buteven those have no the required elements to got rid off the stench left behind. Surprised man I am, for such a number of people would stomach such a filth oozing from these people-or perhaps I am the only one whose nasal-sensitivity is functioning, or may people have accustomed to it?. Either case, one should flee before one becomes victim for such despicable disorder.

Good evening to you all.

Sophist

Baashi   

What enrages nomads so grievously is the sheer ignorance and callous indifference of the lady Edna's scandallous interview aired at NPR. It is easy enough to understand her mission which is to find recognition. What is hard to understand is an objective reason for degrading a fellow countrymen.

Gediid sxb I will be waiting you at the center where I currently reside and don't leave behind Oodweyne and Al Kowneyn. Hadhow waxay odhan doonaa Somalida meel dhexe isuguma timaado :D Don't fail us now! Biyo meel godan bey isugu tagaan-tii baa dhab ah ee ha ka daalin.

Afur wanaagsan,

Gediid   

All abroad ,the train to centristland is about to leave the station.We have on board members of the far right,far left and of course those in the middle.We are still waiting for a few distinguished members namely Smith ,Angel Dust,Lander, Bari Nomad(Kumee) Kowneyn,Guraad,Libaax,Horn(sorry sxb your excuse kama sareyso).Shujui get your behind in here saaxiib ,no excuses.

Baashi fadhiga balaadhi,afurka badi we gonna have a full house.

Ladies whats happening with you lot.Dont you wanna see this sorry azz nomads all on one platform looking like a bunch of exuberant lil kids?

Any doubts please feel free to express them b4 we take off.No buts and ifs after the train has departed the station......

Saalixa   

ok i don't get it...

it was ok when no somalilander could be seen, instead must be killed when siyaads regime was in place,,,but now when they are kicking out people they have suspicion of it is seen as a very inhumane,empathetic,gruesome idea? huh well i say what ever goes around comes around,,,those were innocent people too.

see somalis are selfish and only think of thier qabiil,,,those that do wrong should be stopped,,,no matter what qabiil they come from either north or south,,,i heard edna say that even if the person after this was a somalilander he will also face the consequences. So lets not be ignorant and beleive what ever is said on the bbc,or internet.

AYOUB   

Angel Dust

I shall not be joining you on this journey of yours to find your "centre" for I have indeed managed to find such a place in the heart of beautifull Somaliland and literally its the heart and centre of SL- this place is indeed no other then pretty in dust Burco ( hence the nick ). So I shall leave you and the other displaced nomads to this journey.

Dusty.

Smart move indeed Dusty. There will be more unexplained deaths on this 'centrist' train to make the Mbagathi gathering look like a picnic. Not all of us have Gediid's unique talent of sleeping while keeping one eye on 'federalist' chanting 'well said' and 'nicely put' when the warrior whipsers the his new, shorter and better route to the cape of no hope. Best wishes Gediid, hope we meet again but boy I'm I glad not to be evited :D .

Liqaye

For instance Feisal warabe never calls it puntland but M.......... land.

Go on spit it out, do you mean *****tania? Well FOI thats what col. Yusuf and his followers used to call the place before the PC boat docked at Bosaaso.

One would have thought the reading few in the Somaliland corner would have been infuriated by Edna claim in her efforts to distancing herself from other Somalis that “tribes in Somaliland have neither hereditary nor ancestry ties with other tribes in Somalia.” This does not only belie the true ethnic, cultural, and linguistic synthesis of the Somalis (one of the most homogeneous in the human race),

The truth is somewhere in between if I may say so. Some somalis think they are related to Shaka Zulu while others believe they are the Prophet's direct descendants, how we become a homogeneous nation beats me!. Samurai, how are the two 'Sheikhs' that we claim to be our ancestors related? Let alone the Somalis whose' ancestors come from Portugal and Italy.

[ November 09, 2003, 05:07 AM: Message edited by: Admin ]

Gediid   

Ayoub

Curudka reerka maxaa ku dhacey Ayoub mise waanad maqlin Geeljiire geela wuu wada jiraa wuuna kala jiiraa.This train ride is an attempt on my part to bring to an end the endless bickering that goes on in here.I'm sure you will understand that adopting a more moderate view of events does not necassirily make one a sellout.All I'm saying is we all have to put our differences aside,what we could not achieve as individuals,what if we try to tackle it as a group.

Have you ever heard of the old saying colka wadhaf malagu dhayey???