Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Puntland rebuffs Somaliland's Mid Wife allegations

Afhayeenka Maamulka Puntland oo galabta ka hadlay hadaladdii ka soo yeeray Adna Adan

Bosaaso, [MOL] 31 October 2003-Galabnimadii maanta ayaan kula kulmay Huteel Al khaliij Bile Maxamuud Qabowsade oo ah afhayeenka madaxtooyda Dawlada gobooleedka Puntland. Bile waxuu sheegay inuu aad ula yaabay hadalkii ka soo yeeray dhawr beri ka hor wasiirka arimaha gudaha ee maamulka somaliland Edna Adan Ismail oo sheegtay in dadkii ajnibiga ahaa ee dhawaanta lagu dilay Magaalooyonka Borama iyo Shiikh inay ka danbeeyeen argagixiso laga soo diray Puntland. Wasiirada ayaa eedayntaas dusha u saartay in Dawlad Goboleedka Puntland arintaas lug ku lahayd waa sida ay hadalka u dhigtaye.

Bile waxuu hadalkaasi ku tilmaamay mid aan loo meeldayin oo ka soo yeeray qof aan masuul noqon karin waxuuna ku tilmamay eedaynta ay soo jeedisay Edna mid aan sal iyo raad toona lahayn.

Isagoo ka hadlaya xiriirka somaliland iyo puntland Bile waxuu sheegay in soomlilnad ay ka shalaysay nabada puntland. Isagoo ka hadlaya shaqsiyda Edna ayuu ku tilmaamay in ay tahay qof aqoon u leh habka umulisada .

Dawlada Soomaaliland ayaa tan iyo intii la dilay 3 qof oo ajnabiga ah bishaan horaanteedii waxay isku hawleen inay helaan cid ay ku eedayaan arintaas foosha xun, waxaa loo xiray arintaas dad tiradooda aan wali lahayn. Maamulka Soomaaliand ayaa waxuu kaloo qaaday oleole wadanka looga saarayo dadka aan u dhalan. dadkaas oo inta badan ah dad danyar ah oo ka soo qaxay dhibaatada Koonfurta Soomaaliya.

Weriye c/risaaq Sheekhaduun

Mudugonline.com

Puntland rebuffs allegations

- Friday, October 31, 2003 at 22:09

“Allegations that Puntland administration, or its public at large had anything to do with the recent killings in Borama and Sheikh in the regions of the self-styled republic of Somaliland are groundless misinformation concocted by persons of reckless conduct and premature judgement” said Bile M Qabowsade, the spokesman for the office of the President of Puntland State of Somalia.

This came as a result of recent interviews with the foreign minister of the Hargeysa administration in which Edna A Ismail, a midwife turned politician claimed that the killings of two retired British teachers and an Italian aid worker were the works of terrorist elements in Puntland, Somalia.

“These are the words of an irresponsible person - misleading statements which bear no clear certainty to the true nature of these horrible crimes” added Mr Qabowsade. “Our relationship with the people of Somaliland is one of brotherly, respect, and love for the sustainability of peace” he noted.

Her statements are in clear contradiction, he emphasised with the official statements from the offices of the President of self-styled republic Dahir Riyaale and Minister of Interior Isma’il A Osman both of whom stated the arrests of suspected individuals in Borama and in Sheikh.

“The inconsistency, lack of tactic, and political naiveté on Edna’s part is a clear indication of her misguided policies” said state official in Garowe who we have contacted for explanation.

Two men, held in Hargeysa's central station, both from Borama have been charged with the murder of Annelina Tonneli, an Italian aid worker, on the 5th of October. A dozen others including security guards have also been arrested in Sheikh in connection with the deaths of Richard and Enid Eyeington.

“May we suggest she confines her emotive eruptions in her immediate environment, and better yet consult her interior minister whose role it is to determine the cause of the killings and apprehend perpetrating criminals accordingly instead of straddling of the affairs of neighbouring regions? And best of all perhaps she should stick to delivering healthy babies which is what Somalis are in dire need” he concluded.

Our local reporter noted that people in Hargeysa shocked by these recent killings have received Edna’s claims with mixed feelings. On one hand, they had been asking questions with respect to who the culprits were and the reasoning of such callous acts while on the other they could not explain as to Edna’s repetitive claims of Puntland being behind the killings. “If Riyaale and the Interior Minister are saying that they do not know who is behind the killings, why does Edna keep making these accusations when she is thousands of miles away ” a local businessman commented.

A political observer in the region noted that these killings have nothing to do with Puntland or international terrorists. They are simply a part of tribal rivalry gone wrong between the clans in the area. “ This is no more than internal political conflict between Riyaale and his Vice President Ahmed Yassin who had been at not so good terms lately. So, I would not be surprised if more killings were to follow ” he added.

Is it any wonder then in an environment where everyone seems to have own interpretations of local events, Edna who at the time of these incidents was in the US had given a new meaning to the term “criminal investigation” as she demonstrated to know more about what is going on in Borama and in Sheikh than Riyaale and his interior minister.

AllPuntland News Desk

Gabbal   

I think Edna Adan is doing more damage to "Somaliland"'s quest for recognition then anything else. I would think it is enough that some very high-profile murders have taken place, but to accuse it of "other" Somalis is ludicrous. That ********* must give some a good laugh in the international arena.

Horn,

I dont understand why she said that, because people would ask for the proof and then what?

Plus she has a habit of blaming other Somali's on everything which just creates more animosity and confusion, like the fact that "Somaliland should be recognised because we did not drag American mareens in the streets" [black hawk down] I think her gafs are getting worse by the day.

Farax, I totaly agree with you

"Long may she continue in the cabinet, either with her current portfolio or another assignment."

Then the recognition of Somaliland will be realised nah mean LOL

Hold up,

So the people of Puntland hate the concept of Somaliland soo much that they're willing to kill innocent gaalos in the name of...WHAT???

I wonder why people don't ask themselves such questions before uttering the most ridiculous and baseless accusations.

Big up Garoowe!

Salaan...

Ooh, Buntiland, Soomaaliland, Jinniland...give me a break.

Someone once uttered, "Heedhe, ciyaalkaan yaac yaacaya yaa inaga qabta oo salallaahul calaa nabi yaqaano." :D:D

See, this is the result of inevitable rivalry. This is what happens when every "cid" tries to aspire being a nation, on the expense of blaming their brothers whatever negative happens inside their turf.

Let's all try to build and live in one spacious, sharing room and forget about the now-popular suffix "lands."

Macsalaama.

Liqaye   

Brother MMA has brought up a good point.

The fact is scince these Lands were set up as regional administrations, all we have been doing is toting up the failures of other lands as if the people who leave in the OTHER land are foreigners we are at war with.

Mrs.Egal talks about other somalis.

When will she say that what occured is due to interference from "negative" forces in sool and sanaag.

Then negative forces in puntland.

All that would be left for her less sophisticated supporters is for them to utter the D word.

then khalaas there goes the neighnourhood.

And any pretence at an all inclusive administration.

MMA, These lands wont go any where any time soon, n the case of Soamliland it is over a decade old Puntland is over 6 years now so sorry my Utopian idealist brother they are here to stay.

SmithNwestern....Iam all for self-determination or limited autonomy within somali state,but i must say these lands make no sense anymore. They are turning to be exclusivist tribal lands.

As for Mrs Edna,i think she is doing more damage than good. It is rather sad to see her develop this pattern of degrading "other somalis". Whats even sadder is hearing her references to the colonial era, and its reprecussions.During her tour in da states, the good lady said something to the affect that northerners are more civilised than southern brethens coz they colonized by the english. I have never heard a somali expressing any pride in being colonized by gaalo.

Faraax   

I love to hear Edna as whenever she speaks the usual suspects have an epileptic fit then as soon as they recover they rush at full kilter to their computers and give the ubiquetous 'why oh why'.

Have one of you witless wonders stopped one moment to examine your hypocrasy? Somaliland cannot go it alone, it won't survive, it can't succeed well why haven't any of these arguments not been made of djibouti which has far less resource than Somaliland and exists merely at the whim of France and now America? djibouti have told you all to **** off and never darken their doorsteps and you are all ecstatic about it and have nothing but good to say of it. djibouti says **** you and the horse that you rode in on and you love her for it. This proves that it is not disunity per se that you abhore but the particular group who are telling you to go **** yourselves and get a ******* life if you can find one.

Also my post seems to have disapeared as if by magic or rather by admin, i would not mind so much but WHY, OH THE INHUMANITY OF IT ALL!

Deeq A.   

Faraax, haven't you read the rules of the website.

Saaxiib respect others. I don't really care where you came from or what part of the horn you carry the flag for. This website has rules and if you break the rules, you will not scape from the staff even if it takes us time to see you post.

This is the second time I am seeing your filthy language on our website.

I will be keeping an eye on you.

macasalaama.

Noble Savage, I totaly agree with you Edna seems to be from a different Somalia than most of us, the fact that she lived in the south for some time, worked there had relations and people there and then to slag of these people says more about her as an individual than anything else. However lets not confuse the idea of devolving power and creating states that can better manage the local priorities of people.

The problem is not Somaliland or Puntland but the leaders, who are still in the mindstate of the colonial experience. As for the them being exclusively clanistic, I think Hargaysa and Bossaso even Galkacyu have much more diverese clans living in them than in the past, In the case of Bossaso there are alot of people from the deep south who have now settled there and who work. Would this have been true if there was no peace there or if the state did not exist?

I have only ever heard here speak once and quite frankly i was disgusted. She was absolutly reverling in the sufferings of somalis in the south for whatever political ends that she has in mind.

I dont care much for people like her, educated or not, it was so obvious from the why she dengrated and how she tried to reduce southern somalis to nothing more than animals, that she is consumed with arrogance and probably also bitterness.

shame on her

India   

Well dear Southern Brothers THE TRUTHS HURTS.

See the problems with the southerns is that they almost always take things out of context to put thier views across. It is one thing to state that Edna highlights the problems with the South as the main " difference" btween the two countries but it is another thing to lie and say she takes pride in it. Let me remind Dr Edna is a Somalilander and we are simply above such feeble sentiments.

Yes Edna highlights the diffrences between the two countries becuase we are so totally different from principals to mannersims to behaviour. Dont delude yourselves we are not the same, we have never been and never will be.

Typical of you guys, not one Somali batted an eye lide when Black Hawk Down was being screened all over the globe which depicted you guys as savages with no shame.

Thus we must where necessary remind and demonstrate to the world how "Starlkly " different we are. But on the other hand it is so blatantly obvious that I must agree Dr Adna needs not bother.

Somalilander Thro and Thro