Sign in to follow this  
Umal-Zamzam

U.S.-trained Somali troops defect to Al Shabaab al Mujaahidiins

U.S.-trained Somali troops defect to Al Shabaab al Mujaahidiins

Arboco,28,April,2010 (Hillaac.net)

Hundreds of Somali troops trained with millions of U.S. tax dollars have deserted because they are not being paid their $100 monthly wage, and some have even joined the al-Qaida-linked Al Shabaab al Mujaahidiins they are supposed to be fighting, The Associated Press has learned.

The desertions raise fears that a new U.S.-backed effort beginning next month to build up Somalia’s army may only increase the ranks of the insurgency.

Somalia’s besieged U.N.-backed government holds only a few blocks of the Somali capital, Mogadishu, while Islamic insurgents control the rest of the city and most of the country. That turmoil — and the lawless East African nation’s proximity to Yemen, where al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula is based — has fed fears that Somalia could be used to launch attacks on the West.

In an effort to rebuild the tattered Somali military, the United States spent $6.8 million supporting training programs for nearly 1,000 soldiers in neighboring Djibouti last year, and about 1,100 soldiers in Uganda last year and earlier this year, the State Department and Western diplomats told AP. The troops were supposed to earn $100 a month, but about half of those trained in Djibouti deserted because they were not paid, Somali army Col. Ahmed Aden Dhayow said.

“Some gave up the army and returned to their ordinary life, and others joined the Al Shabaab al Mujaahidiins,” he said.

Somalia’s state minister for defense, Yusuf Mohamed Siyad, confirmed some trainees had joined the Al Shabaab al Mujaahidiins, but he declined to specify the number of deserters.

The development highlights a key problem facing efforts to rebuild the bankrupt nation’s army — guaranteeing funding for soldiers’ salaries, not just their training

Kashafa   

Norf, baryahaan waad aamusantahay oo waa niyad jabsantahay that the entity you gave all that support to is falling apart like a house of cards....ee do you have any comment on this latest "good news" ?

Hordatha ka kac, abti. Waala gartay Xiin and his Murji'ah teachers in Garowe...waa dad lunsan oo jah-wareer dhinaca caqeedatha ka haayo, who think they are being "good strong muslims" by listening to Amiir-ul-Mu'mineen Sharif(appointed by the Caliph in Addis).

Laakin adiga, you supported the TFG because you (erroneously) thought that it would bring back peace and security, flawed as it may be. Scandal after scandal, your support never wavered. Why ? Because "good things are coming". Because "Shariif is a man of peace". Because "the TFG is all about peaceful negotiations"

Ilaa goorma marka aa sidaa isugu shaykaynaysaa ? For how long will you be mired in the swamp of Is-qancis, abti ? Will you be like those old fools who gather around starbucks every day re-fighting the civil war in their heads, each claiming they won ?

Time has left them by. Will time leave you as stranded and clueless as them ?

Walaal ma garanayo haga fikiir kan waalan ka keentay I have never supported the TFG, how can you even think that I would support a government that is being forced on our people of Somalia, a goverment that has been formed in Addis or Bujunbara and who knows where else...(LOL). walaal I have only posted this article to show that cadowga ilaahay (the kuffars of Ethiopia and the West) have not succeeded in their plan and that the Transitional Federal false government is falling apart. I was not supporting the TFG.

Pretty soon brother the black flag of the Mujahideens will be raised over all of Somalia, and I don't just mean Southern Somalia I mean all of Somalia.

The brave Lions of Al Shabaab already control 10 of the 18 regions of Somalia and the holy fight is is know being brought to the doorstep of pirate land Puntland, it is only a matter of time before all of Somalia is under the Shade of the black flag brother

So rejoice brother for our day is near

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Ferguson:

:D:D:D:D

Umal Zamzam oo Norf noqotay ,,,,, aduunyo

This is a serious accusation warya. Not all those from the North hide behind a jilbab. :D

Kashafa   

^^ Hey Anwar, I just found a exclusive news report that covered your wedding ceremony. Congrats, Dude!

Ukhtil Ghaaliyah Um Zamzam,

Walaal, My post wasn't directed at you, it was directed at a confused brother who goes by the handle of Norfsky/Norf. Waa nin qalbi-fiican oo Islaam-ka jecel laakin cilmiga sharciga iyo aqoon'ta deenta aa ku yar, marka si sahlan aa loo siri karaa, oo Munaafiq Shariif iyo gaalo-raaca TFG aa dhuufsadeen Norf. I was trying to nudge him back to the Xaq by showing him how exposed and trifling his position and argument was. And true to form, he replied with a one-liner. Again, aqoon'ta aa ku yar.

Jazaakallahu khayral jazaa walaal, bishaaraat'ka aa noo soo gudbinaysid. Qof walbo Alle jecel oo qalbiiigeesa iimaan ku ku jiro woo ku farxaa; qof'kasto oo munaafiq ah'ne woo ka naxaaa, ee dathaal'ka sii wad, wallahu macaka.