Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Dahabshiil makes a callous move on a caprice

For most companies, improving customer satisfaction is always a sound business strategy. But somehow it seems Dahabshiil managers were fixated more on politics than on improving business when they created the calander "banning" the July 1st holiday. Bad, bad business move.

Shirkadda Dahabshiil Oo Dafirtay Farxadda 1da Luulyo

Hobyonet Muqdisho

Shirkadda Xawilaada Dahabshiil oo ah shirkad wayn oo fadhigeedu yahay magaalada Hargaysa, magac wayn iyo laamana ku leh dhamaan magaalooyinka Somaliya, ayaa noqotay shirkaddii u horaysay ee wadani ah ee inkirta munaasabada 1da Luulyo. Calendarka taariikhda ee sannadka 2003 ee ay soo saartay shirkadda Dahabshiil ayay ku qoreen in maalinta 1da Luulyo ay tahay maalin caadi ah ee la mid ah maalmaha shaqada, halka ay maalinta 26 Juun ka dhigeen maalin faysto oo ay u yeeleen calaamad guduudan sida maalmaha Jimcaha.

Dadweyne badan oo Somaliyed ayay arintani ku noqotay lama filaan, iyagoo la yaaban in Shirkadda Dahabshiil ay tahay shirkad wadani ah oo u siman dhamaan umadda Somaliyeed, iyo in ay tahay Shirkad Siyaasadeed oo u ololaysa kala go'a Waqooyi iyo Koonfur, iyadoo la wada ogsoon yahay in shacabka Somaliland nafsadiisu uusan isku waafaqsanayn kala go'a. Calendar kaas oo lagu qaybiyay magaalad Muqdisho iyo meelo kale ayay dadwaynaha jecel midnimada Somaliya ka muujiyeen caro wayn.

Waxayna kula taliyeen madaxda shirkadda Dahabshiil inay ka waantoobaan ficiladaas oo dhalin kara in ay wax u dhimaan sumcadda iyo ganacsiga shirkadda Dahabshiil.

Qfkii raba inuu u muujiyo dareenkiisa wadaninimo sharkaddaas, wuxuu kala xiriiri karaa sidan hoos ku qoran:

Dahabshiil Headquarter

Tel. 00-2522-523000

DTI-tel 00-476705-9800

Fax 00-2522-523001

Email: Info@Dahabshiil.com

http://www.hobyonet.com/news/June/news_Jun_26_Dahabshiil.htm

Baashi   

What is the advantage of doing this ? I wonder. The owner is very shrewd businessman and I doubt he has anything to do with this. Probably the chauvinist elements who work for him made the calender without his knowledge. It just shows how nationalistic impulses can affect sound judgement.

Happy Independence day,

Gediid   

Originally posted by Baashi:

What is the advantage of doing this ? I wonder. The owner is very shrewd businessman and I doubt he has anything to do with this. Probably the chauvinist elements who work for him made the calender without his knowledge. It just shows how nationalistic impulses can affect sound judgement.

Happy Independence day,

Libaax & Baashi, is this the BASH Somaliland week. :D:D

But more on the day itself.......Can someone tell me if there is anything to really celebrate for at this moment in time???

is it wrong if somaliland businesses do not wish to celebrate the independence day of the south after all it hasent't got anything to do with them as it is not their independence day.

why should they celebrate the independence day of another country?

i myself feel it was a wrong thing to do by dahabshiil but if the man feels like that than it's his decision. he is a somalilander and if he feels that somalia's independence day does not concern him it's his choice.

anyway why do you guys even care about a ****** calendar like that. it has no meaning whatso-ever. it is only a calendar after all.

Originally posted by Gediid:

Libaax & Baashi, is this the BASH Somaliland week. :D

I agree. ;) How many topics are open this week?

EDNA

JAAMAC YARE

DAHABSHIIL

RIYAALE

That is why I won't take any offense to you light-hearted kaftan. Kaftan is open for us saxib. ;)

Originally posted by Gediid:

But more on the day itself.......Can someone tell me if there is anything to really celebrate for at this moment in time???

Gediid, saxib, if you read the article, the key word is MOGADISHU. :D

If a company wants to make money in Mogadishu or any other city, they must play their game right. If you know what I mean. :D

That is what you call a sound business strategy.

Posted by A.Tukachevsky

why should they celebrate the independence day of another country?

Forget about politics. I think you aren't familiar with the best strategies for making good money :D I mean really good money.

Rokko   

libaax, there should be no public outcry in Mogadishu na'mean?

This is 2003 na'mean. the people of mogadishu should vote with their wallet if dahabshiil is hurting their feelings na'mean. It is strict business na'mean.

well i am not sure how true this article is!u know

what i mean! business competitions work in strange ways! someone could have wicked intensions

heya.

on the flip side, though, he has the right, and malis have the option to baycott his company! i personally never used him!

Gediid   

Libaax

If I made millions of dollars like Dahabshiil, politics would be the last thing on my mind.Running after all that change would keep me so occupied that I would have little time for other matters of importance.

If this was a deliberate ommision on their part they lose if however this was an honest mistake then it should be rectified ASAP.

lst

the man is already a millionaire he is not worried about a few more dollars from mugdisho becuase if he did he wouldnt have done it. i think he now feels obliged to show a bit of a nationalist in him.

guraad   

I say boycott Dahabshiil , I am mad at them . :mad: They should know that people of great somalia made them Dahabshiil they are now.

P.S: Happy Independence day somali. smile.gif

Paragon   

They say "Customer is the King" or shall I add "the customer is always right". Dahab-shiil needs to review its position before that chance of self assesment disappears. This has little to do with Somaliland or even Somalia, it is all about keeping the custom of many Dahab-shiil users, myself included smile.gif . Read this: "HSBC - The local bank of the world!" Just change that sentence to "DAHAB-SHIIL - the local money tranfer for all Somalis" ;)

PS: quit politicising what needn't politicised.

Dahabshiil is a company long rumoured to be run by ignorant folk. Well they have proven that in a somewhat fantastic way. July 1 is the independence day of Somalia, those who seek to profit from Somali's should respect that.

Dahabshiil must have mistaken themselves to be some big corporation, lol.

Boycot them or not their reputation has been dented for ever.

Salaan...

Had Barakaat existed, this would have never happened. It was Barakaat that dominated this market as others were merely shadows; alas they do now know that another Barakaat would never rise, and they can play the game the way they see it fit.

P.S.: I never used it, and would never use--I somehow don't know.

Macsalaama!!

Gediid   

Originally posted by SmithNwestern:

Dahabshiil is a company long rumoured to be run by ignorant folk. Well they have proven that in a somewhat fantastic way. July 1 is the independence day of Somalia, those who seek to profit from Somali's should respect that.

Dahabshiil must have mistaken themselves to be some big corporation, lol.

Boycot them or not their reputation has been dented for ever.

Smith

I hate to put a dent in your analysis but Dahabshiil is a huge corporation by Somali standards.The owner not only has the money transfer business but has also branched out into the telecom,engineering and shipping industry.On top of that he happens to be among one of the major importers of food stuffes in Somaliland,Puntland and Mogadisho.Ironic that you should call him ignorant but trust me what he makes in a year, he can take a lot of Somalis off the welfare list ;)

MMA

Hate is a blind thing....It impairs your judgement greatly markaas saxiib Stop hating.

To the rest

I am sure May 18 is never in the Al-Amal calender or was never in the Barakaat calender either but you don't see Somalilanders spitting fire on their websites :D:D