Sign in to follow this  
BN

President Yusuf asks for Forgiveness, Cooperation

BN   

Somali president extends olive branch to warlords

"We, those who contested the election of the presidential post, should forgive each other and should reconcile," Yusuf told a joint press conference with Kenyan President Mwai Kibaki in Nairobi, where his election was held.

Warlords "should commit themselves in front of you that we will work together for the betterment and good future of Somalia," he added.

He said that if any of the defeated candidates "has anything against me or has different feelings against me," they should "forgive me in the name of the almighty God."

"I have forgiven them and I have no grudge against anybody, but I will seek their cooperation, they should work with me so that we help the Somali people to get out of the fiasco and quagmire that they are in," he said in the Somali language.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_world/view/111266/1/.html

Rahima   

^ Greedy or not he is what we have, we must make the best of it.

Let's hope that his words begin to ring truth smile.gif . I have hope in that, with so many eyes on him, he cannot afford to fail.

Gabbal   

Abdulahi Yusuf has spoken and spoken in a way that was more then expected. However, we must wait to see those words put into action to give the final judging.

It is not about he is from this clan or that clan anymore, but he is now the President of the Somali Republic. Please let's give him the chance to what he is supposed to do.

He is not the President of my clan, nor was he chosen by any clan, but he is the President of Somalia. You go figure.

Let the people celebrate.

Live long Mr President, be the one who changes the nation for the better, be the next Adan Cade. Insha Allah

I dont thing he is greedy mate, he is strong mant with military background and somalia needs a man like him at memont i think he would make a good presdant and will bring the somalian people together, this is his chance for somalis to remember him in the history books as the presidant who brought somali together from the 14 years of lawless and destruction that the civil was caused

Rahima   

Live long Mr President, be the one who changes the nation for the better, be the next Adan Cade. Insha Allah

Such high expectations, but nonetheless a very big aamiin.