Sign in to follow this  
Nasteexo

A NEW SOMALIA

Nasteexo   

Are you educated??

Do you have ideas on how to re-build our country??

Are you between the ages of 18-30??

Do you want to go right where our elders have gone wrong???

Are you tired of tribalism and clan wars??

Do you have a vision for Somalia? So that the youth of our generation and their generation can live on the piece we never got to experience??

Have a place to call home???

Have a country to call your own??

Sick of being a refugee in need of a helping hand??

If so you can finally take a stand

Finally a chance to prove yourself not just talk but by action.

We are a group of Somali youth from across Europe that came up with an idea of finally taking a stand on the relations of our home country.

We were sick of being outsiders and finally wanted to do something about it; we want to put down our thirst and hunger and finally have a place to call home.

So we took a stand.

We started a union called SOMALI YOUTH UNION DEMOCRACY (SYUD).

First it was a get together group for fun but what we found out each time we got together was this mutual hunger and this desire to have a place to call home.

How we were all sick as many of us are of being a refugee.

When we gather our ideas we took them to sponsors and said we are need of a home not a roof over our head but a place to call or own,

we are somali youth from different countries different ideas different clans but with the same goal and so far we have an idea but want to develop it so it can grow to be more then an idea, they agreed on helping us financially so now we have a number of 70 members in our union across Europe and want to enlarger it even more.

Its time for our people to come together and we strongly believe that we can achieve that as long as we are a union, its time to stop hating on one another and come together for the sake of our generation their generation and the generation after that.

We are the ones that missed out on a great country half of us haven’t seen Somaliao r left there when we were young; we all feel the emptiness inside the lack of joy the memories we could have had.

Every site I visit I see poems dedicated to the destruction of Somalia a paradise truly lost people writing the visions they have and the need to help our brothers and sisters back home dying everyday out of hunger and killing one another out of greed, its time to stop the blood shed the hatred the anger.

No more clan wars tribalism we want to be a union once and for all

So we need you.

Not to help us financially but with your ideas your vision and your hunger.

If you share our vision help us to make it more then a vision.

We have a get together once in every month like a seminar we rent a hall welcome new members eat chit chat have fun and just brainstorm on how to lift this of the ground.

We sent letters to UN and different embassies and as soon as we have a large enough number they agreed on sending lecturers and sponsors to take part of our Union.

IT doesn’t matter where you live whether it’s Europe, USA, Africa or Asia the more the merrier.

So if you feel that this is something for you

E-mail us on SYUD_1@hotmail.com and we will send you further information

We have a homepage coming on and meetings

So Fadlan ka soo qeyb gala Hal far fool ma dhaqdo.

Adna   

salaam

Waaw sis that is really creative maashaa'alaah finally we got some intelgent youth smile.gif what else can i say i'm very proud of so far what i read. Me i beleive we need some where we can call home that we own. Me u can count on me but u said u have to be educated does that mean u have to be graduate studen. i'm steel student but if that doesn't matter i'm in for sure.

much love to my pp and to my lovely country.

Abdinuur   

Wow! I didn't know about SYUD. It's a great organization and I think we should all join and be part of it. We all need to get involve in order to make this difference.

I'm looking forward to this and everyone should, too.

Please spread the word if you want to make a difference.

Much love.

Nasteexo   

Asraa abaayo i'm glad that you are for this and agree with us abaayo you don´t have to be graduate student but that you are pursuing an education.

Kaafi and maskiin we have started this because we felt that it was needed and due time.

I and many more youths out there would be pleased to have you with us and indeed are in need of your ideas and solutions you and many more.

We all can make a difference as long as we all get together and put our minds together and come up with a solution to our problems.

So please feel free to write us if you have any questions and tell us what you think of our Union

OG Moti   

Sister powers to u nd to those fine young somalis.. 100% with u... and i hope every decent somali will join this opportunity to reform our identity and be some one atleast.. SYUD and SYL2

www.syl2.s5.com .. lets free our country. lets be someone, lets take the sadness away .. it is heart breaking to see our country like this.. join the group and be someone... make a difference, you can make a difference with a little effort dont miss this chance .. and Allah bless Somalia.. peace

DEAR"NASTEEHA"

FIRST OF ALL I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR BRINGING THIS MOST AMPICIUS ASSUE AND IT'S REALL IMPORTANT ASSUE AND POSITIVE _LOGIC WAY TO FORWARD OUR DEFFERENT VALUES AND DEFFERENT OPINION THAT EVER_1 OF US DOES HAVE MY DEAR SIS ALL WHAT I WANT SAY KEEP' IT UP MAIGH GOD BLESS YOU AND I'M STUDENT ALSO WHO GOES UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSSET THAT'S IN BOSTON AND AM MAJORING MEDICAL_ FIELD WHICH'S GONE TAKE AROUND 8_10 YEARS' AL HAMDULI-LAAH AM IN THE 4TH YEARS NOW I'LL CONTINEUS INSHA_ ALLAAH" I WOULD'NT FOR GET MY SWEET_ HOME_ LAND""

"ADVICE TO ALL MY FELLOW SOMALI_ NEXT_ GENERATION DONT GIVE UP YOUR DREAM GOAL"

"MAigh ALLAH_ BLESS"

our_ Great~,~SoMaLiA"

Dear Nasteexo,

I must thank you for your genuine desire to seek future Somalia different from that of the present day. Having said that, whilst I meet not the prerequisite membership criterion put in place for the envisaged noble union (SYUD), I wish to share an observation for academic exercise if nothing more. And whilst I could derive the vision of the desired organisation, its long-term objectives and a resolute instrument, mission if you will, to implement its guiding principles are not quite conspicuous to the probing eye, thus perhaps you could share with the qualifying nomads as to what those entail. Commendable endeavour I see it as such, but what then is the penetrating question.

And despite its scantly definite features, is it:

A political union willing to challenge the stagnant political structure of Somalia? If so, how and with what? Or is it a mere union borne out of

despondency with view of attracting like-minded personnel purely for intellectual stimulus,

A social union engaging neglected communal concerns i.e. dilemmas experienced by the once close-knit strict Somali family unit that is no more, Somali youths disorientated with uniquely defined social strife ranging from identity crisis to poverty to social segregation to lack of resource to self-doubt to bleak future and so forth, or elders caught up in an unfriendly world of hard rock and tumultuously turbulent waters etc.,? Or is it one birthed as a result of a mind-depleting boredom with the desire to create socially engaging environment for generation X,

An academic circle for scholarly discourse of subjects of interest primarily in the aforementioned fields, and of variant where perhaps men and women of principle and character, hence of leadership qualities, are cultivated to benefit generation X,

By seeking to attract people of 18-30 (how many educated could there be in this age group), within the said union a void there would be of historical account and perspective, and point of reference, thus could neither be political nor social for any recourse of either discipline would require clear understanding of history so as to make sense of the herein and plan for the henceforth whilst simultaneously needing a resolve - a driving impetus without which it would seep out steam in small trickles prior to its take-off, or at the first bell.

Nonetheless, I would encourage you to pursue your line of thinking except perhaps adopt an alternative way of viewing the clan structure in its social and political makeup in Somalia, and hope for the best. I am of this opinion, and yet to find anyone with an informed analysis on the matter and its intrinsic values, for I see not the problems of Somalia to solely rest on clan structure and politics – in fact when implemented fittingly in its application it works quite nicely. Studying Somalia and its nuances and avoid the clan structure, wraps and all, is not quite Somalia in my opinion. Prescribing amphetamine to cure sleep deprivation when kidney failure is the catalytic culprit is an analogy that spring to mind.

Again points of discussion to chew on perhaps in your forthcoming cyber-meetings or in-person gathering, and best of luck,

Cheers.

Raxmah   

Mashallah, Everything that is done for the sake of allah will be successful. WE all need to join in and do our part. Everything is done step by step, inshallah I will email you soon.

Samafal   

I would like to join as the idea of Somali youth doing something about their chaotic country is intriguing but to start with i dont like the word ''Democracy'' it is too vague for me. what does mean?