Sign in to follow this  
ferocious

Please give me the answers to this question....

my friend and I had this huge argument over this .

we were talking about weave(fake hair)(boroko) and i told her that we could not pray /fast if we had weave on? she said could pray after she removed it and had taken a shower , i said shower or no shower one could not pray for 40 days and the same goes for drinking alcohol too cuz i heard that once from a sheikh,

now i would like to ask for answers if anyone has the hadith or something that either prooves me or her wrong ...

question is once again: can someone pray/fast with in 40 if they had weave (fake hair) on or they drank alcohol.

LuCkY   

SaLaaMz,

Zakariye thats the same thing i found:

Hadith - Bukhari 4:674, Narrated Humaid bin 'Abdur-Rahman [R], see also Bukhari 4:694, 7:816

That he heard Muawiya bin Abi Sufyan (talking) on the pulpit in the year when he performed the Hajj. He took a tuft of hair that was in the hand of an orderly and said, "O people of Medina! Where are your learned men? I heard the Prophet[PBUH] forbidding such a thing as this (i.e. false hair) and he used to say, 'The Israelis were destroyed when their ladies practiced this habit (of using false hair to lengthen their locks)."

Hadith - Bukhari 7:133, Narrated 'Aisha [R], see also Bukhari 7:818

An Ansari woman gave her daughter in marriage and the hair of the latter started falling out. The Ansari women came to the Prophet[PBUH] and mentioned that to him and said, "Her (my daughter's) husband suggested that I should let her wear false hair." The Prophet[PBUH] said, "No, (don't do that) for Allah sends His curses upon such ladies who lengthen their hair artificially."

Hadith - Muslim, Narrated Jabir ibn Adullah [R]

Allah's Apostle reprimanded that a woman should add anything to her head (in the form of artificial hair).

salaam caleykom warahmatullah wabarakato

thanks very much lucky and zakariye :Dsmile.gif ...MY freind and I are well aware of not using FAKE HAIR.and we know its Haram.i gues i didnt explain my self, let my try it again

let just say a girl puts fake hair on, she takes it off after a while , and she takes a shower to clean herself and prepare herself for prayers, can she pray ? .remember she doent have the weave on this time..

in that given scenario my freind said "yes she can pray" cuz the person is dahira/dahir ..and I said "no because i was told by a sheikh once that people who do that knowing that is not permitted cant pray for 40 days as a punishment"...

another scenario to explain my self better,

someone drinks alcohol(GOD FORBID), and a day later when he/she is not antoxicated anymore they take a shower and decide to pray, can they pray even thought they are not antoxicated and they know what they are doing?

same old thing my frien would say yes to this scenario and i would say NO

god is qafuurol raxiim but he is shadidol ciqaab, and if someone breaks rules they may be forgiven or they maybe punished, ...

so if anyone knows about it please reply,

thanks much lucky and zaka once again :D

LuCkY   

SaLaaMz,

SaLafi sis i understood your question its just that i dont have a Legitimate answer and a verse from the Qu'ran or a sahiih hadiith to back it up as to the Length/period of time their prayers wiLL not be accepted.I guess i wiLL have to seek the cuLumma's answers regarding this matter and get back to ya on that...untiL then im sure someone might answer your question before i.And im sorry if i wasnt very heLpfuL but i just dont want to say something that i wiLL regret Later---something that is inaccurate.

Oh and where you were saying 40 days...i have heard that 40 prayers wouLd not be accepted not 40 days but i guess it couLd be vice-versa.And i dont have anything that can back that up other than a word of mouth.

I'm sorry...but I'm confused. Is this the religion of the Hadiths..or the Religion on the Koran?

I need to see an ayaat first..then a supporting hadith (if one exists)...

To salafi,

Brother, you shouldn't be giving this type of advice if you "once" heard it from a shiekh? do you recall what his sources were? If you can't then tell her to ask someone who is more knowledgeable on the issue. Otherwise, there will be alot of mislead people, na'mean.

peace

salaam caleykom waraxma

opinionated ,abaayo first am a sister not a brother , and i didnt give advice , i dont know much about islam , i know the amount that takes me throw life but i doubt i know more than u do or anyone else for this matter :D , I gues my name mislead ya i aint a salafi i want to become one ;) insha allah smile.gif .secondly islam is not all about quran sis , a hadith or a verse from quran would do, the six Pillars of Iman say beleive in the prophet and if prophet saying and action are recorded in hadith i would beleive it wouldnt u :confused: so waz up with up with i want quran only, islam is not about being defensive. just my opinion smile.gif

anywho someone tell me the answer please smile.gif

LuCkY   

SaLaaMz,

SaLafi i asked one shiekh and he toLd me that as Long as the person(Fake hair)removes the hair and then cLeanses ones seLf then one shouLd go ahead and proceed with prayers as usuaL for ALLah is the onLY one that can accept it or deny it.He aLso said that when a drunk person comes to(sober again)then it is obLigatory for he/she to pray as soon as he/she is of sound mind-meaning no waiting period such as the 40 days you said.He toLd me that we are not abLe to confirm whether or not ones prayers(drunk/fake hair)wiLL be accepted but that doesnt mean one shouLd stop praying.

This may be confusing but i can onLy say that different peopLe have different views on certain issues but teLL ya friend to pray/fast and get rid of the weave because these deeds are mandatory-no excuses.

If i may have said something wrong or inaccurate pLz excuse me and correct me.

I apoLogize in advance for any confusion<---im a bit :confused: as weLL.

RaMadan KarIIm.

Originally posted by salafi:

salaam caleykom waraxma

....secondly islam is not all about quran sis....

That's sad, sistah. . That you should say Islam is not about the Koran. It is about the Koran...because those are ALLAHs (s.a.w.) words...and should take precedent over anything else. Nowadays, I think people forget that fact.

This is crazy, opinionated the moare u write the worst it sounds.

She cleary said, "secondly islam is not all about quran sis." which is correct.

and you qouted that, then you went on to say, " That's sad, sistah. . That you should say Islam is not about the Koran."

i hope u see whats wrong here.

And for Salafi, unless you post just for the sake of arguing, i would advice to address ur questions at more proper vanue, this aint the place sister.

salaam caleykom

lucky thanks much walaalo jazaka allah, i ran into a sheikh yesterday and he said the same, um and my friend does not drink nor uses weave it was just something that came up in our conversation and it turned to an argument. u were not confusing at all thanks again lucky

mujahid : thanks, i will work on the name change ;)

opinionated sister dont twist the words in my mouth am sure you know what i mean and so did the test of the people in here :mad:

And for Salafi, unless you post just for the sake of arguing, i would advice to address ur questions at more proper vanue, this aint the place sister.

what do u mean bro :confused: , where would be the right place to ask the question :confused: to clearify i didnt open this topic to argue ;)