Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

Meles in Moqdisho

Jacpher   

Ethiopian PM pays suprise visit to war-torn Mogadishu

MOGADISHU (AFP) - Ethiopian Prime Minister Meles Zenawi on Tuesday paid a surprise visit to Mogadishu, becoming the first foreign head of state to visit the lawless Somali capital in recent years, officials said.

"Ethiopian premier Meles Zenawi has arrived in Mogadishu and is having talks with Somali top officials," Abdi Ali Godon, an Ethiopian government official, told AFP.

Ethiopian troops helped the weak Somali government oust an Islamist movement -- that called for a holy war against Addis Ababa -- from the country's southern and central regions at the end of last year.

They have been fighting an Islamist-led insurgency in recent months and are due to be replaced by a peacekeeping force that the African Union is struggling to gather together.

Somalia has been without an effective government since the 1991 ouster of dictator Mohamed Siad Barre sparked a bloody power struggle that has defied numerous attempts to restore stability.

Peacenow   

Shame and shame is being befalled us. Like never before. It is ghastly and encompassing. I think only the Palestinians have a fate worse than Somalis. But they at least dont have a land, where-else Somalis do, but have offered it hand and foot to the Ethiopians. Cursed and shamed. I can't see a way out of this. I really can't.

Mogadishu 05, June.07 ( Sh.M.Network) Ra'isulwasaaraha Ethiopia Males Zenawi ayaa booqasho lama filaan ah oo aan horey loo sii shaacin ku yimid magaalada Muqdisho 16 sano ka dib markii ay la wareegeen caasimadda Somalia ciidamada Ethiopia oo kaashanaya kuwa dowladda.

Socdaalka Males Zenawi uu ku yimid magaalada Muqdisho ayaa waxaa shabelle u xaqiijiyay saraakiil ka tirsan dowladda KMG ah iyo suxufiyiin Somali ah oo ku sugan garoonka Muqdisho.

Males Zenawi ayaa ka soo dagay garoonka diyaaradaha ee magaalada Muqdisho, halkaasi oo ay keentay diyaarad gaar ah.

Ra'isulwasaaraha Ethiopia ayaa haatan waxa uu kulamo kula leeyahay safaaradda Ethiopia ee Somalia Madaxweynaha dowladda KMG ah iyo Ra'isulwasaare Geedi.

Wariyeyaal ka tirsan shabelle iyo suxufiyiin kale ayaa goobtaasi ku sugan, kuwaasi oo ka war dhowryaha shir jaraaid oo la filayo in uu qabto Males Zenawi.

Waa socdaalkii ugu horreeyay oo Males Zenawi uu ku yimid magaalada Muqdisho tan iyo markii uu qabtay xilka Ra'isulwasaare Nimo ee dalka Ethiopia, xilli ciidamadiisa ay xoog kula wareegeen magaalada Muqdisho.

Amaanka goobta uu shirka ka socda ayaa si weyn loo adkeeyay, iyadoo la xadiday dhamaan isku socodka gaadiidka iyo dadweynaha wadooyinka gala Xarunta Madaxtooyada iyo waliba garoonka diyaaradaha ee Muqdisho.

Castro   

Meles is there to make sure his b!tch Geedi is alright. Apparently, Geedi spent all of Monday crying on the phone with Zenawi. During the conversation Geedi emphasized if Zenawi did not come in person and gave him a hug, he would find another sugar daddy (may be Afwerki).

Originally posted by XOG-ogaal:

aabihiii garashaday gayigaygooo sinwawi war heesta ugu darta odayga bal

I have a better version for you,goes something like; Aabihi garacyasha gayga ahayoo ..... redface.gif

That last bomb attack on Gedhi musta shaked his stooge azz off yeah? Nacalad baa kuugu taalo dheh. But you know this just feels surreal,I mean this is the kind of things only to be seen on the headlines of the Washingtonpost not on Somali websites. Like when Cheney makes a suprise visit to Baghdad. :(

BN   

Originally posted by Castro:

Meles is there to make sure his b!tch Geedi is alright. Apparently, Geedi spent all of Monday crying on the phone with Zenawi. During the conversation Geedi emphasized if Zenawi did not come in person and gave him a hug, he would find another sugar daddy (may be Afwerki).

I'm sure you can find a more mature way to express yourself then this....

Castro   

Originally posted by BN:

I'm sure you can find a more mature way to express yourself then this....

I'm certain I could.

Edit: Upon further thought, I see how this statement may be construed as offensive. It's lack of maturity aside, there are implicit references being made that I wish to take back.

A very interesting development indeed. What it’s that he could not do in Addis that he come to do in Xamar? Perhaps it’s the photo op that which he could not resist having that he risked to be in Xamar!

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

A very interesting development indeed. What it’s that he could not do in Addis that he come to do in Xamar? Perhaps it’s the photo op that which he could not resist having that he risked to be in Xamar!

I think its good ol fashioned management requirements. The foreman must be at the jobsite when the contractor sees lack of progress from the workers. Period.

Things are going bad down their,Uncle Sam needs a report.

Chimera   

Wanted Dead or Alive (preferably Dead)

515681786_bff8fa1b78_t.jpg515707787_066244cdfb_t.jpg515681778_8c405b10dc_t.jpg

Somalia's Most Wanted Criminals

Somalia's Most Wanted Criminals

Somalia's Most Wanted CRIMINALS!!

:D