Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Welsh Parliament Invites Somaliland Parliament

Sayyid   

It's in fact a powerless "regional authority", rather than a "parliament"!

Nevertheless, it's a "good" move! I believe that the "welsh" have suffered much long at the hands of the "english", therefore I would suggest and urge them to declare the "Independence of Wales" from the rest of "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland"!

Westminister and London (the evil english) have set up a "parliament", welsh regional authority in order to cheat them from declaring independence!

It's time now and to be counted and stand up for the people of Wales and say "No" more are we going to be the obedient little region that is governed by England!

The welsh have an excellent case for "independence" as their are ethnically different from the majority English people. They have their own language, culture and traditions and I hope the rest of Europe acknowledges that in order to speed up "Welsh independence" from the evil oppressors, who call themselves "english"!

Wales has "suffered" enough and has the right for "self-determination" and to seccede from the rest of the "union", as they have nothing to loose out because what is the purpose of serving a queen, that doesn't represent you nor has any respect for the "welsh"!

Welsh Independence is just around the corner be patient folks and you'll get it for sure, that's it, if you stay around long enough!

Sayyid   

Mr. Oodweyne, so much you know about political situation in the UK and I thought you were a "master" brain of such issues.

However I've to point out one or two issues to you without ofcourse showing your lack of knowledge!

First the union is made off three separate kingdoms, the Kingdom of Scotland, kgm of Northern Ireland and the kgm of England and Wales.

Note that England and Wales are in fact one entity, when it comes to that "union" between the kingdoms of Greatbritain and Norther Ireland!

Also, I hope you notice, that, in Wales as well in Scotland, in terms of their parliament/Assembly, can easily asked for a referundum to determined the destiny of each nation

That's fine and well with me and in "theory" and on paper but not in practise and reality. Yes, this "assembly" regional authority has limited powers as the powers lie in with the palace of Westminister and Whitehall!

How many of the "pro independence" camp of Wales were voted into parliament at the last general election, the same with the Scottish National Party,how many MP's do they have at Westminister?

People vote pro-dominantly for labour in Wales and Scotland and we all know what "labour" stands for, it isn't the abolishment of the Act of the Union!

There were plans to establish local assemblies and regional authorities in the north of England for more local representation and regional powers, but they were a failure because government still continues to be "central" coming from the centre Whitehall, Westminister and Downing street!

Wales in fact suffers not from a national identity crisis but from something called national inferiority complex, whereby they feel not be worth enough to "rule" themselves because since time they have been dominated by the "English", the Scotts have more self-esteem because they actually defeated the "English" and they're equal partners in the union! On the other hand Gordon Brown and scottsmen will probably get the job of PM, when the current one makes room for him, maybe in his final year but I highly doubt it because Mr. Blair is a man, who fancies himself and who thinks that he's "guided" by a higher deity, so he'll probably stay on and eventually Mr. Cameron will succede him in the post of Prime Minister!

Even in Ethiopia each National parliament can vote to opt out from the "union", so in theory if the Somali National Regional parliament votes with a 2/3 majority to become a separate country or to join with another existing country e.g. Somalia, they're free to do that but we all know that such a "proposol" or notion would "fail" even before it went to parliament!

So we can see that the "welsh regional assembly" is in fact a powerless entity with no real "say" or decision-making, in other words they're a joke!

Jaylaani   

^^^all of that becuase Somaliland Parliament was Invited by the Welsh authority....god there is so much hate and discredit going on these days.

TAASAA LA LEEYAHAY SOOMAALI HA IS RAACDO.

N.O.R.F   

06-03-2006

Somaliland: Wales Strikes Out On Its Own In Its Recognition of Somaliland

Wales may not be an independent nation - but it has just recognised a breakaway country that, according to the UK Government, does not exist.

One of the officially invited guests at Wednesday's opening of the National Assembly's Senedd building by the Queen was Abdirahman Mohamed Abdillahi, the Speaker of the Parliament of Somaliland. Yet few maps show anywhere called Somaliland, instead indicating a larger country called Somalia, to the east of Ethiopia and Kenya.

In fact, Somaliland has been run as a separate state for the past 15 years, following a civil war in which hundreds of thousands of people were killed.

The breakaway country is on the eastern horn of Africa and shares borders with Djibouti to the west, Ethiopia to the south and Somalia to the east. Its coastline extends 460 miles along the Red Sea. It is about the size of England and Wales combined, but has a population of only around 3.5 million; 55% of the population is either nomadic or semi-nomadic, while 45% live in urban centres or rural towns.

The predominant religion is Sunni Muslim, and the backbone of the economy is livestock. The country also exports hides, skins, myrrh and frankincense.

At independence in 1960 the British Protectorate and Italian- administered Somalia merged to form the Somali Republic. The fundamental goal was to unite all Somali-speaking people in a single country, but this has not been realised. Somaliland covers the former British protectorate.

Of the 10,000 Somalis living in Wales - 8,000 in Cardiff - around 99% are from what is now Somaliland.

Asked why the Speaker of a Parliament not recognised by the UK had been invited to the Senedd opening, a spokeswoman for the Assembly Parliamentary Service headed by Presiding Officer Lord Elis-Thomas said, "The decision was taken after a request from members of the Somali community in Wales. Buckingham Palace was shown the guest list and made no objection."

Yesterday Mr Abdillahi met members of the Welsh Somali community in Butetown, Cardiff. A former diplomat who worked in Somalia's embassies in Moscow and Helsinki, he told the Western Mail, "I am very pleased to have been invited to the opening of the new Assembly building. We see it as a mark of recognition by the National Assembly for Wales that we have legitimacy.

"Although I have travelled to Britain maybe 20 times, this is the first time I have been to Wales. It seems to me to be a very nice, peaceful place."

Mr Abdillahi said his country desperately needed international recognition.

"It is very difficult to move forward economically without recognition," he said.

"We have no banks, and companies are reluctant to invest because of our unrecognised status, which means they are unable to get insurance.

"While Somalia is in chaos, we have succeeded in creating a parliamentary democracy. International observers praised us for our parliamentary elections held last September, and we are hopeful that the African Union will admit us as a member state before too long.

"We are grateful to the Welsh Assembly for helping us in our struggle."

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) website states, "Parliamentary elections were held on September 29, 2005. Somaliland's stability has been widely acknowledged but it has not received formal recognition from the international community.

"It has stood aside from wider reconciliation processes but indicated its readiness to discuss relations with Somalia on a basis of equality once a new government is established in Mogadishu."

The FCO website carries a link to the website of the Somaliland Government.

Source: icwales.co.uk

Castro   

Originally posted by Northerner:

Of the 10,000 Somalis living in Wales - 8,000 in Cardiff - around 99% are from what is now Somaliland.

Now that's what I call effective lobbying. Pound for pound, Somalis in Wales must be the most politically astute maryooley in exile anywhere. If only Yeey's junta were just as canny. :(

Sayyid   

OODweyne, for the civil peace to be uphold in this section, I've to decline engaging you in any arguments (discussions) because I can sense a possible "disturbance" of the peace, therefore I'll have to leave it to you!

It's all good writing all "fancy" essay article's, which have little "substance" or real thought put to them other then the typing of diverted arguments and "not" so intellectually put forward so-called "historical" facts, who have been "tailored" to yours imaginary content and to satisfy your never tiring appetite for writing "nonsense" and distored varifiable historical accounts, so the difference between you and other not so bright people is that you like to do it in chunks!

Sayyid   

Adeer, Rejoice in your "supposed" and imaginary victory over me, for as once I will not be the one, who will "disturb" the peace in here!

On the other side what is the point "discussing" with someone, who is clearly fired up and in the progress of ill-intent and to "ride" riot in this our peaceful section of the Sol fora! Chill Oodweeyne.

I really can't see the "benefit" of discussing with someone over proven historical facts other then asking for a wild (bush-like) outburst on the behalf of a Mr. Oodweyne! Anyway why would I want to discuss with someone, who has a dumb signature like this one:

"Question: Who Are The Somalilanders?

Answer: They are The Ones In Whose Honoured Sacrifice In The Battlefield Of Political History, The Bells Of Victory Had Tolled The Most Times For....And To Whom The Destiny's Verdict Is Theirs To Rendered It...

I really can't see, why I should even bother giving him the "honour" of "discussing" with me as it is clearly evident that he likes clearly to distort historical facts as I said earlier in order to tailor it for his hearts and disillusioned minds content and satisfaction!

At least you took my advice adeer, for reducing your chunk and for that I thank you adeer!

Well done and next time you come against me please be more civil because we don't want you coming all shaky and quoting what you have been told at your new inauguration into the "Salvation Army", in your nearby green county where you live as a "local" agent for the "ruufyaans" and poor, wicked people who you get your advice from to your way to your local Salvation army run-down headquarters, where you'll get your dusty, old uniform from in order to beg for money at your local "Sainsbury's" Supermarket in order to help to sustain the wicked, dirty institutions were you live in, in other words the church of the Salvation Army!

Xudeedi   

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

May be the dominant clan can be united on this separation, but the minorities who can't influence the politics and who might have expressed their unmolested wishes if they could, feel outsiders and have acquiesced. They surely find the whole process hermetic to them.

Could you be more specific in your ambiguous meaning so that you could be addressed in a proper manner?

ANWAR   

DEAR MY BROTHERS AND SISTHERS

I don't understand this, you speak the same language as I do, we both look like genetically compare to other nations in the world, we both believe there's only one god and our prophet Muhammad his messenger peace upon him. We have the same culture. So what is the reason you are different from us to become a nation that called itself a somaliland? There's only one answer that you can tell me its one tribe "***** " and they decided to have a piece of the pie which is Somalia. I believe, the only reason that you want to seperate is there's one tribe in command in north of somalia and since there's no other tribe to share with it , people in north decided to cut a border for themself . I personally reject that. In south we have soo many different tribes and most of them are ignorent to realize war will never bring social order back to the country and they will never come to an agreement until the day all them become aware of tribal war is nothing but family conflict that needs to be resolved by an adult . So if you call yourself somalilander, you separated rest of the country by tribal means, it has nothing to do with anything else.

Blessed   

^Somaliland doesn't only belong to one tribe. . Political seperation doesn't negate Somalinimo, walaaltinimo or ones Islam for that matter.

ANWAR   

Originally posted by Blessed:

^Somaliland doesn't only belong to
one tribe.
. Political seperation doesn't negate Somalinimo, walaaltinimo or ones Islam for that matter.

So WHAT is the reason