Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Ahlu Sunna expanding -Aadan Garaaso Joins in

AYOUB   

Ahlu Zenawi wal Jabhad?

Originally posted by Ayatollah Mulugetta:

actually i think he must be either 'people who sell xawad', or 'people who twist other's arms'. Those two live in Hiiran.

You expect Ngonge to decode that? :D Why is he asking you anyway, is it because you're one of the "enlightened" ones? smile.gif ( << Even Ngonge can crack that one).

Aw Tuxbaxle,

As I said many times Sharif’s success will depend on how the Jabbuuti pact is honored. If Ethiopia refuses to withdraw, and Nur and co start ignoring the major clauses in the Jabbuuti agreement, then Xiins caravan would fail. The situation is very fluid at the moment and these maneuverings (Barre coming to Bardhere, and Abdiwaal claiming Ceel Buur) may not mean much. The twp principal leaders of the current tfg are in Nairobi. Lets watch their next move.

There is also another strategy at play here, and that is that Ethiopia is trying to open as many fronts as possible to lure alshabaab away from the big price that is vacated Xamar. Alshabaab understands that and it may not play that game right now; they have the luxury of time on their side. But what this could do is to jeopardize the survival of the tfg entity after the old man’s resignation as it may set certain regions ablaze i.e. Gedo, some parts of Bakool, and central regions including Hiiraan.

So guys lets not jump the gun here, and inject our biases into what’s already a very fluid situation.

NGONGE   

^^ Is that a strategic retreat I see before me, Xaaji? The deadline for the full withdrawal is today, right? All I'll say to you for now is what JB said when shopkeeper punched him on the nose: bari ha no ahaato. :D

lool@Strategic retreat.

Actually I mean what i said. Sharif's approach was noble in spirit, and practical in where real politik is concern. But he was, and still is, one part of this pact. TFG and Ethiopia represented other part. If indeed Ethiopia decides to stay in, that approach will fail, and the alshabaabs way will be legitimized as the only way to go about changing things.

NGONGE   

^^ I am glad to see that you're realistic after all. Others might demand more but I am happy with your coy admittance that the Caravan could have a puncture or four.

AYOUB,

I did not get either of the two. But I am going to do my research and come back ready. I was making a point to A&T and will carry on making it until he gives in and agrees to my clan theory.

me   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

I was making a point to A&T and will carry on making it until he gives in and agrees to my clan theory.

You still have to write it up. A comment here and there won't cut it.

NGONGE   

^^ A&T waa reer magaal. A comment here and there will do him. But for you my fellow citizen I will have to write an entire essay. I'll try to do it tonight if America's Next Top Model is on. smile.gif

^^Funny you say that because it was in the name of realistic strategy that we embraced the Jabbuuti caravan adeer. We tamed our pride to get things done however modesty.

But I wonder as to where did you get the impression that caravan could never fail. You must have mistaken our insistence on it being the only alternative we have to make peace among Somalis as a cult like conviction of sort.

Lest I confuse you, the caravan has not failed yet. In fact, it could be argued that it has shaken off the tree and had the old man as its first casualty. But evicting the old man was not what we were after; we were after peace and stability which eluded us in the last two decades. The situation is very fluid now but if the rumors are anythng to go by, things will settle down soon, and Jabbuuti side will make a progress---for Somalis that is.

Watch the caravan thread adeer!

This Ahlu-Sunnah thing is giftedly orchestrated by Meles and will be used to stamp out the young boys of Al-Shabaab. It is a wicked game played to create a severe cavity on the common perception that there is one organized “Islamist” body in Somalia.

The word "Islamist" has been getting alot of coverage and sympathy throughout the world and Meles wants to steal the thunder. :D I noticed the Western media has been on the onslaught lately aiding that motive. In the most recent battles, the coveted AP, Reuters and AFP outlets have been using the word "Islamist" when referring to the skirmishes of Ethiopian armed warlord Abdi-Waal's group in Guriceel and Dhuusamareeb with Al-Shabaab. It is nonsense I tell ya. There is truly no armed group called “Ahlu-Sunnah” in Somalia.

Somali politics is interesting indeed. :D

Biixi   

LOL @ "Ahle ****...waxaan u jeedaa Ahle..."

Is Amin Camir trying to say Ahlu Sunnah Clan jameecooyin or what?

Originally posted by Ayatollah Mulugetta:

actually i think he must be either 'people who sell xawad', or 'people who twist other's arms'. Those two live in Hiiran.

The first one is ****, but who are the arm twisters?

[ January 06, 2009, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]