Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

How is Nur cade any different from Ina Yey.

N.O.R.F   

^Do you deny the man (Cade) has had a role in the agreement that sees the Ethios leave soon?

As much I hate Yeey and the organisation called the TFG, if things get better (with Yeey gone, Ethios gone and at least some peace) my opinion of them will be different (although it will be time sensitive).

Paragon   

Let us be mindful that those of us who gave the benefit of the doubt to Nur Cade, did so on the account that he and the Shariif (whatever our reservations about their personhoods) MAY help turn things around.

Whether Nur Cade and Shariif are of different breed from Yey is a matter that is neither here or there. Let them deliver what they've promised they will. That is the momentum. Anything beyond that is beside the point.

PS: We're still waiting on the 120 days of withdrawal from the Ethiopians. Characterization of political figures of Somalia is really not a good past-time to induldge in. It sucks.

NGONGE   

^^ I am going to have me a happy new year when I finally can get my teeth into that wretched caravan. :D

ps

Norf, did you miss the bit about him asking for the Xabashi troops to stay?

N.O.R.F   

^He probably did. HOWEVER, he has continued his pursuit of Ethio withdrawal via the Djibouti accord(s). Yeey objected to the whole thing!

Time to agree to disagree me thinks.

Cirday, time will tell indeed.

Bixi, I suppose I should say,,, each to his opinion,,,,and all that,,,,,

NGONGE   

^^ Not good enough for me. icon_razz.gif

Abdullahi Yusuf would have eventually got rid of the Xabashi's too. Yey objected to the details of the 'peace'. Have you looked at who makes up the majority of those 550 MPs in that parliment? ;)

NGONGE   

^^ This peace process promises to double the number of parliamentarians. Remember, the original number was composed along the lines of the infamous 4.5 plans. But with this agreement, the Djibouti lot get to have half of the parliament coming from their side alone and the original half still following the 4.5 deal.

It's not hard to guess why AY refused such a deal. The old man was being well and truly stitched up.

Thierry.   

Cade is very different from Yey, one wants peace and the other wants power.

Norf,

Ngonge is trying to make a mountain about the 500+ it is only an administrative problem and one that could be and will be easily solved. I suspect the parliamentarians from the said clan will be replaced with the ARS crew and of course when there is no more seats to fill some will be laid of

NGONGE   

^^ It is 550, saaxib. The ARS are getting 200 seats and 75 seats are going to a group of unknowns (Diaspora Somalis, intellectuals and civil groups, etc). This 275 is the ARS's share and cannot be tampered with. Does it follow the 4.5 formula? Who makes up the majority of the ARS (if not ALL of it)?

You say Yey is after power but the way things look it's really Cade that is after power. Only one clan is set to benefit from this deal, saaxib. Runta ha la eso sheego.

Still, I am not too fussed about that. It's politics and the best man won. I just don't accept that one is evil and the other is an angel. They're the same.