Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Waa ciide ciida maanta

nuune   

^^^ loolzz, niman waweeyn oo lasoo qabqabtey wax ka daran ma lahan,

good news for Somaliland, but I feel sorry for the WOMEN, they were totally excluded from the musharraxnimo for the highest positions, here you have only 7 women(2 from SOOL and SANAAG in which no election took place) and you have 246 musharraxiin niman ah, totally UNJUST and this doesnt help Somaliland at all

SOO MAAL   

This is a victory for the unionists if u can swallow that.

Puntland made a point about who is in charge of where

Remarkably accurate points reflects realities on the ground, I am very proud and to want to congratulate to my people of Sool Sanaag and Cayn for standing up for their rights and banning the meaningless ballot boxes of supposed elections of Somaliland to be brought into their territories.

Yesterdays supposed elections were clear evidence that Sool Sanaag and Cayn are not part of so-called Somaliland (Hergeysa tribal faction), as well the fact that supposed elections were took place in one clan’s area explains a lot about if at Somaliland deserves a recognition from International community as clan-state

True its big victory for all Somali people who value qaranimo and unity, above all its victory for the natives of Sool Sanaag and Cayn

As people of Sool Sanaag and Cayn we are extremely grateful for the Puntland by helping us in this decisive matter (note in fact Sool Sanaag and Cayn are themselves an integral part of Puntland)

With the acception of few places, all are going as planned. The polls are going smoothly in 15 polling stations in Eastern Sanaag, and further many more in Southern Sanaag. Not to mention the regional capital, Erigavo where people turned out in their thousands more then the previous elections.

As for Sool region, again, the district of Xuddun with the acception of Xuddun village. Half of Laascaanood, and Caynaba district. All the areas that were planned for the election to take place. Some reports suggest that many Lascanod residents also casted their votes along side the people of Adhicadeye, which is just 30K away. In Lascanod district also, people voted in Hadhwanaag, Yagoori and Guumays. Caynabo district needs not to be mentioned for obvious reasons.

In Buuhoodleh district, the vote is taking place 9 of the 11 vilages that come under. Again as planned.

The few places which the election isn't taking place have already been discussed earlier by the parliament. There is a special law for how the seats of those places will be selected. 4 seats from the 12 seats reserved for SOOL region will not be contested. In Sanaag 2 seats of the 12 seats for that region will not be contested, and for Togdher 1 seat of the 15 seats will not be contested. All those seats that will not be contested which is a total of 7 seats, they will be shared by the Poltiical parties according to the law passed by the parliament.

I don’t know where you get all these lies

^you amaze me, sxb waxba ha is xiijin. Wixii run ahi waa run, wixii been ahi waa been. Allah knows best. :D

Baashi

Your argument holds little if no water. I don't think they are as sadistic as you want us to believe. Tell me about a perfect country where 10/10 are in agreement of everything, not least a country which borders a neighbor like we do? What I think they will realise is that, the elections have taken place in a very peaceful manner in the regions bordering the two normal neighboring countries (namely Djibouti and Ethiopia). They will also understand why the election took place in most of eastern Somaliland, with the acception of the only few districts that border that abnormal country. ;)

In the old days, Somaliland's major obstacle and the main problem that it faced was that it was not known very much. Today, however, its known the world over, not for civilwars, not for famine, not for any other negative news, but rather for making history in being the only unrecognised country in the world that has defied the odds, despite many obstacles (some coming from powerful countries like Italy, Egypt and others which did not want to see it succeed). Getting that name across and being known, was really "HALF THE BATTLE" when it comes to its quest for international recognition. Somaliland is now seen as a seperate entity that exists in the Horn of Africa.

As for the other half of the battle, Somaliland has done a remarkable job in many aspects. Hence, Somaliland has enough political and diplomatical arsenal at its disposal to thwart off any unionist.

All Somaliland awaits at the moment is for the African Union and other international community to delay nolonger its rightful recognition.

Sky   

C'mon Sky. U don't wanna do that pal.

I'm sorry Baashi, but I can't stand this guy. The bullshit he blabbers is unbelievable.

Suldanka enough is enough

Take Hargeisa,Burco,Berbera and it's sorounding countryside oh and we'll thow in awdal as well for good measure but for GOD's sake GO and Good Riddance!!!.In case you havent realised we really dont need you guys any more

Though I don’t want to steal your thunder, good Tolstoy, one could easily pierce your logical bases--while affirming the historicity of the said elections, as that was remarkable event in the political history of Somalis in general and in SL in particular---to conclude having successful elections is prelude to the eventual statehood of the Somaliland . If that would be the sole yardstick to dole out sovereignty to every seceding part, then it would surely be a recipe for political disorder and a source of instability in the larger world.

What about if Puntland , unhappy with current political arrangement in the south, decides to secede? Well, according to your logic all they have to do is run a credible parliamentarian election and perhaps a presidential one, and brandish the historicity of their political signpost, no?

P.S: congratulations to all Landers; this was a political milestone indeed.

Originally posted by Tolstoy:

Fourth, another telling example, that will essentially show, the mendacity of those who believe, that just because the
certain section of Sool and Easten Sanaag
, have not voted for the election in Somaliland, then in that case, it stand to reason, to say that the
legitimacy
of the Somaliland Statehood, is essentially non-existant or for that matter, is null-and-void

Adeer, the fact that, as you say, certain sections of SSC regions didn't partake in the secessionists' voting manuevers, what does that say about the pro-Somaliland argument? :confused:

To me, the fact that SSC natives (or even a a secion of) didn't vote means that they don't want to secede from the Somali Republic. Why are you adamant about forcing your ideas onto them? :confused:

I don't think it questions the legitimacy of Somaliland at all - this vote simply showed that, if Somalia is divisible, then so is Somaliland. Forget the whole of SSC regions, the vote in Ceerigaabo ocurred strictly along clan lines (with SNM-member sub-clans filling voting booths). If Jibril Siciid didn't vote in Ceerigaabo, then who did? :confused:

Gabbal   

As for others, such as Horn - or is Raqiid, now days - and others, who simply followed, our Mr. Baashi with a nod of approval for his insight; one can only say; it bespokes, the poor grasp that they have for the issues which are at hand(namely, that of political legitimacy of a State, or how it's obtained, or how it could be demostrated it's underlying legitimacy amongst the people, or how State is "Defined"; or how nation is judge by others, who will have to rendered a judgment of it's poltical "Viability").

Oodweyn, hardly anyone in "Somaliland" seems to have a firm grap on issues pertaining to political legitimacy and the idea of a seperate statehood, and if what you are alleging is the opposite, then the evidence that is the past decade and a half points otherwise.

This has proved without a shred of a doubt where the overwhelming majority of the people of Sool, eastern Sanaag, and districts within the "ideal" "Somaliland" stand as to the issue of Somalinimo vs. Secession. As you, yourself and many other "Somalilanders", commented; the main, so-to-say, "case" for a seperate statehood as forwarded by the secessionist entity was the historical [misfortune] of being a seperate colony with a "formerly" established boundary.

That case is now effectively destroyed! The people of Sool, E. Sanaag, and districts in the "ideal" "Somaliland" have shown the international community (those that were watching anyways) that the feasibilty of the present-day secessionist state seceding as the representative of the former colony is down to a minimum, a zero to be blunty honest.

The underlying meaning that Baashi, I'm assuming here, wanted to put forward and that I agreed with, is that this is a great hindrence to "Somaliland's" future recognition campaigns because it's foremost case for recognition is now, advertantly, without weight!

No one is saying that "Somaliland" cannot secede. However, if the secessionist entity wants to seperate, they will do so limitedly with the borders of the Hargeisa, Berbera, Burco triangle. icon_razz.gif

qumane   

Strange that most of unionist are not happy what happened yesterday in Somaliland. Every body who love his Somali people should be happy, how Somaliland develop from clan distracted part of Somalia to mature Democratic state. Every body who couldn't be happy is Selfish tribalism who loves more his tribal interest than to fine solution for Somali problems.

To disturb celebration of this day SooMaal said:

Yesterdays supposed elections were clear evidence that Sool Sanaag and Cayn are not part of so-called Somaliland (Hergeysa tribal faction), as well the fact that supposed elections were took place in one clan’s area explains a lot about if at Somaliland deserves a recognition from International community as clan-state .

What could I say: many countries in Africa and other part of the world have dispute area. even Pakistani army with nuclear arm could not go many northern part of pakistan. Still those counters with difficult dangerous area are functioning, same as Somaliland. Somalilad knows that they can not solve problems in that are in short time without will of the population of that area, but if the government does good job in other 90% of Somaliland than the 10% of this area will accept the system in long run insh alla.

qumane   

From one good news to another one

Breakaway Somaliland has impressed the Americans by hitting al-Qaeda

Breakaway Somaliland has impressed the Americans by hitting al-Qaeda

THE breakaway northern bit of Somalia, Somaliland, struck a blow for full independence last week by busting an al-Qaeda cell. Embracing perhaps 3.5m of Somalia's 11m or so people, the former British Somaliland has long been a lot more secure than the country's anarchic, formerly Italian, south. If multi-party elections due this week in Somaliland are reasonably fair and open, the outside world, including the African Union and the United Nations, may have to start seriously reconsidering its status, which has been fudged since the collapse of unitary Somali in 1991. All three of Somaliland's parties contesting the election are adamant about wanting outright independence.

A shoot-out on September 23rd in Hargeisa, Somaliland's capital, resulted in the arrest of seven men loyal to the al-Qaeda brand. Somaliland's president, Dahir Riyale Kahnin, said the men were mostly locals, trained at a camp outside Mogadishu, the still-chaotic capital of Somalia proper. Some had received training in Afghanistan; at least one was internationally known. Their aim, he said, was to destabilise Somaliland by killing leaders and foreign aid workers, four of whom have been murdered by Islamist radicals since 2003.

There was a heady whiff of convenience about the arrests. What better, the week before an election in such a fervently patriotic fief, than to demonstrate a threat to Somaliland? Some in Somalia's fragile transitional federal government, which still lays claim to Somaliland, privately say the raid was contrived. They are probably wrong. The timing may have owed something to Somaliland politics, where voters are softened up with gifts of narcotic qat leaves, and people's votes are divided along clan lines. But western worries about al-Qaeda's penetration into the Horn of Africa are nonetheless genuine.

Perfect for Osama?

American counter-terrorism work, mostly in collaboration with local militias and the Ethiopian secret service, has gone some way to identifying extreme Islamists inside Somalia. Catching them is harder. A few operational figures are thought to be hiding in and around lawless Mogadishu, which is mostly off-limits to diplomats, UN types and aid-workers. Though a transitional government for the whole of Somalia was set up last year in Kenya, it has failed to establish an effective presence in any part of the country, and has already broken into factions. One lot has been trying in vain to run the show from Jowhar, north of Mogadishu. To complicate matters further between north and south, a self-proclaimed breakaway government of Puntland, with its capital at Bossaso, has been demanding autonomy within a federal Somalia. And the Puntlanders claim bits of eastern Somaliland.

Some of the Islamists scattered around Somalia's various parts have roots in the Egyptian bit of Islamic Jihad, others are closer to al-Qaeda. Those caught in Hargeisa may have been connected to al-Itihaad al-Islami, a group that wants to create an emirate of Somalia along the lines of Saudi Arabia's austere Wahhabi sect. They sound particularly hostile to Ethiopia, with which Somaliland's fledgling government has been cultivating friendlier relations. In July, the Ethiopians agreed to ship some of their goods through the Somaliland port of Berbera, on a road improved with European Union funds.

Even if magnified for political effect, the arrests are a powerful signal to Islamist radicals that Somaliland is no longer a completely safe haven for them--a fact underlined by the expulsion of some foreign mullahs after the raid. That is especially notable since the Saudi government's own crackdown on radical preachers means that more of them had been looking to Somaliland as a handy refuge.

The efficiency of the locally organised swoop and the steady march of democracy in breakaway Somaliland have impressed the Americans, who have a regional military hub next door in less democratic Djibouti. Expect them to give a puff to Somaliland's chances of attaining statehood proper.

SOURCE: The Economist

Copyright © 2005 Economist Intelligence Unit

SOO MAAL   

Strange that most of unionist are not happy what happened yesterday in Somaliland. Every body who love his Somali people should be happy, how Somaliland develop from clan distracted part of Somalia to mature Democratic state. Every body who couldn't be happy is Selfish tribalism who loves more his tribal interest than to fine solution for Somali problems.

Unless you are blind as result of your severe clannish state of mind, you would have comprehend my simple argument without problem, I support free Sool Sanaag and Cayn (As an integral part of Somalia), I am against so-called Somaliland’s expansionist and persistent aggression against people of Sool Sanaaag and Cayn.

I am more than happy for my neighboring Somali region (Somaliland =Hergeysa Barbare and Burco Triangle) that elections took place in their region and good for them. On the other I presume my dear qumane that you will be happy if elections take place in Hiiraan (for example) at the same you will not be happy if the ballot boxes of hiiraan elections were brought to Hergeysa. For same reasons I happy that elections took place in Somaliland but I will be outraged if the ballot boxes of Somaliland are brought to Sool Sanaag and Cayn regions. I am sure this simple example will be sufficient for you to understand my position, unless you are hypocritical who thinks that Somaliland can bring its ballot boxes to Sool Sanaag and Cayn, on the other hand, Puntland and Hiiraanland cannot bring their ballot boxes to HERGEYSA Somaliland. Therefore I would suggest to you to not confuse people and commit character assassination against me, that behavior will make you look weaker. and reflect your lack of conversational skills.

What could I say: many countries in Africa and other part of the world have dispute area. even Pakistani army with nuclear arm could not go many northern part of pakistan. Still those counters with difficult dangerous area are functioning, same as Somaliland.

What a greedyman, There is no such thing of disputed area, this shows how you lacking of respect for the people of Sool Sanaag and Cayn. People of Sool Sanaag and Cayn have the right of self-determination.

Somalilad knows that they can not solve problems in that are in short time without will of the population of that area, but if the government does good job in other 90% of Somaliland than the 10% of this area will accept the system in long run insh alla

I hope IN SHAA'A ALLAAH Somaliland (which is only 8% of Somalia) accepts to reunite with their Somali brothers and embrace somalilnimada and qaranimada, and disregard Somaliland’ qabiil mentality which only divides Somali people.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by MR ORGILAQE:

Suldanka enough is enough

Take Hargeisa,Burco,Berbera and it's sorounding countryside oh and we'll thow in awdal as well for good measure but for GOD's sake GO and Good Riddance!!!.In case you havent realised we really dont need you guys any more

loool dear oh dear!

Suldanka thanks very much for the coverage bro, I especially love the way you play "the idi*t's guide" to the Somaliland elections to the numerous SOL thickos. :D