Sign in to follow this  
dhulQarnayn

Open letter to President Cabdulahi Jama (Ilko-Jiir)

Dear President Jama,

I've been a supporter of yours since the very beginning-- early last year-- because you have shown the judgment and character necessary to become Puntland's President. Whether it's your admirable education/military background, your willingness to confront the secessionist enclave upnorth and insecurity in general, or your strong stance against the mis-management of our economy, you represent the voice of so many Puntlanders and your election proves this.

The purpose of my letter is simple so I'll keep it short. Don't go to war with the Hargeisa regime over the disputed territories! Yes, it is Riyaale's wish to cause a war, so as to distract Somalilanders from his mis-rule of their government, but what better way --to create unity and build overwhelming strength-- than to kick his influence out of Las Anod peacefully and through diplomacy have the residents of Las Anod kick him out themselves? The message would be loud and clear to all secessionists and the rest of Somalia-- "The people of Las Anod are part and parcel of Puntland and want nothing to do with Somaliland"

Plus, with the taking back of Las Anod via peaceful channels, Riyaale will have nothing else to distract people from his economic screwups upnorth and they will kick his butt out; and we may yet have, an agreeable neighbor on our northern borders.

Sincerely,

dhulQarnayn

NASSIR   

Dhulqarnayn, great advice! Below is an authoritative view of Nur Bahal, a scholar and insider of "Somaliland" politics. I agree Mr. Riyaale have exploited the sense of the secessionist's victimhood in their political relations with the East to his own dictatorial advantage. He knows that the buttoms of vexation can be easily pushed anytime to trigger war with the East(Sool and Sanaag). In fact, the malleabilty of the innocent masses from turning a fictitious enemy into a real and palpable that's there to kill them is what Riyale keeps him in office for many years of misrule and abuse of power.

It's a classic example of distracting people from their economic and political crisis.

Here is Nur Bahal's observation.

""The latest onslaught of wars in the east and explosions in the capital and the general sense of apprehension is nothing but a symptom of a deeper cataclysmic political malaise. Although peace was established in Somaliland, strategies to prevent the return of the prior social chaos have not even been looked at. So in a way, it can be argued that the peace in Somaliland might be a transition to a more adverse chaos. Chaos begins with authority´s abuse of power"

^^ Sanaag does not belong to you. Are you asking me to give up my land? Over our dead bodies :D . Riyale has been voted to protect our land. If he is unable to do this simple task then he will be replaced is that simple. Stop using Riyale as a scapegoat..Every future Somaliland President will protect Somaliland territory. Riyale shouldn't be the problem to you lot. It should be the people of Somaliand you should have problems with.

Riyaale does not stand a chance against the coming age of Puntland..

Lets not rush this, but I am hoepfull insha Allah we will say President Abdullahi Jama soon.

Abwan, he will insha Allah hold the most powerful post in Somalia today adeer.. :D