Sign in to follow this  
Gediid

Allow sahal Amuuraha

Gediid   

People I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I just called a friend in Hargeisa tonight and he said that the clan of Jama Yare have vowed to start a war unless his deportation order is rescinded by the President.They have mobilized around 3,000 men south of Hargeisa and have given the president 36 hours. The government on the other hand seem to be sticking to their guns and have sent the army into a full state of emergency.Hargeisa feels like a ghost town with everyone staying indoors.Allow sahal but this seems like another war for Somaliland.The trip Jama Yare made I guess was a ploy to incite war.

The signs of diverging forces not only in thinking but also in influence are indeed worrisome. Let us all hope it never goes any further than that for all our sakes.

Gediid, saxib, the region's nascent instability is a direct result of Riyaale's mishaps. On this dispute, there seems to exist little empathy and a lot of enmity. For Riyaale, it is a matter of upholding his strict anti-union stance and using force if necessary. For Jamac Yare's supporters it is a humiliation for their clan to see one of their elders kicked out of Hargeisa for his political views.

If violance breaks out, many Somalilanders would wonder whether the deportation was worth it afterall.

qaalib.jpg

Jamac Maxamed Qaalib

LANDER   

I'm sick of these internal qabiil battles, a traitor to me is a traitor no matter his clan. Like mobb_deep said, Jamac Jare should have never came to Hargeisa in the first place. If these men are mobilizing on our beloved capital city to defend treachery, they should be dealt with accordingly.

Sometimes pride has to be swallowed and for the sake of the new peace, the government should have let the old man have his views as long as it didnt cause a coup or have a direct threat to the present regime.

LANDER   

Shaqsii good point,

but what most people don't realize or just seem to ignore on this thread is that this man took part of the nairobi conference and probably was seen has a somalilander representative. If he was just an old man who is speaking his mind on issues it would have been a completely different story. I think Hadrawii has expressed anti-somaliland sentiments before, and no one ever talked of taking action against him. In a democratic society, everybody has a right to their own opinion. But Yare's actions and I emphasize action here because he did more than express his views when he decided to take part of the nairobi conference, are a direct threat to the very existence and sovereignty of our state and should be seen as so. Our people fought for and declared independence long ago, and here one man who doesn't agree with the majority decides to take matters in his own hands and speak on behalf of the people of Somaliland. I ask you people with a sense of morality, where is the justice in that? Actions like his have been seen before in Somaliland, in the form of Abdiraxman Tuur and Omar Carte. For whatever reasons these men take such selfish actions, whether it be greed or a lust for power, they all should forever remain as traitors. Once you cross that fine line, there is no coming back.

TREASON: Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies*

*In this case an enemy would be anybody taking action towards the dismantling or destruction of Somaliland.

I invite the rest of the nomads to share their own beliefs on TREASON, without necessarily referring to the Yare example but a more general and universal opinion. What constitutes treason to you?

Bachelor   

It is sad to see such instablity just because of one person's point of view. If the majority of somalilander dont support to reunite with the south, why is Reyaale and his current government so insecure about? :confused:

I wonder what Reyalee would do if he is removed from his presidancy? Dont you think he would denounce the secession the very next day on BBC?

y arrest jamac yare, just cause his political views over Somaliland..... i thought Somaliland was democratic state,

THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE ARRESTED THE OLD MAN IN FIRST PLACE! Not only did they have shamed the old man, but they have brought shame to the people and the whole "Somaliland Gove"..and ooh yeah yo should not be blaming The Gen. if their is any convelict in Somaliland, ask the so call "Somaliland Gove"

Gabbal   

TREASON: Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies*

If I'm not mistaken, Riyaale (who commited treason to the Somali people by being head of the Berbera office of Siad barre's secret police) aided Siyaad Barre (who commited treason to the whole Somali nation by taking their civil liberties away and destroying our country) against his enemy the SNM (the founders of the treasonist entity called "Somaliland").

What exactly does treason constitute? Correct me if i'm wrong but what do those three have in common? They all committed some sort of treason.

In this case an enemy would be anybody taking action towards the dismantling or destruction of Somaliland

Does that supposed action mean anyone who calls for unification with the Somali Republic? If that is what you mean Lander where does freedom of speech and the various other civil liberties stand in so-called "Somaliland"? Wasn't "Somaliland" supposed to be a model of democracy for the other African countries? Wasn't it supposed to diverge from Siad Barre's action?

Infact it seems as though that instead of diverging from Barre's police state, "Somaliland" is heading straight for it.

I wonder what Reyalee would do if he is removed from his presidancy? Dont you think he would denounce the secession the very next day on BBC

:D True, you know Somali politicians.

LANDER   

In this case an enemy would be anybody taking action towards the dismantling or destruction of Somaliland Does that supposed action mean anyone who calls for unification with the Somali Republic? If that is what you mean
Lander
where does freedom of speech and the various other civil liberties stand in so-called "Somaliland"?

hornafrique I don't know if you always read and reply so hastily, but define the word ACTION for me please. I even put that word in bold and emphasized it in my previous reply, La ilaa...how else can I get through to you.

Gabbal   

Action means the state of doing something.

When you talk, isn't that action. The state of doing something? When you talk you're doing something, am I not correct?

Now that we have that solved, lets get back to my earlier point. If someone uses their freedom of speech, does that constitute treason?

if your answer is yes, Lander, then to me you are no better than the Siad Barre you loathe so much!

code:

Besides you are trying to downplay all the important things said in my previous post ;)

Gabbal   

You are welcome most certainly ;)icon_razz.gif

It was a pleasure giving you the definition, now get back to point. or not ;)