Sign in to follow this  
Castro

New Somalia (Would you go back to live?)

Castro   

On many occasions, I wonder if I'd just pack up and move back to Somalia. Living in the west for nearly two decades does take a certain toll on a person not born there. Once You've achieved academic and career success, would you seriously consider leaving this land for good and return home. Obviously, the standard of living we've come accustomed to would instantly dissapear but there would many benefits in return. For example, a less stressful life that involves less competition and more free time to indulge in hobbies you've always wanted. Not to mention simply fabulous weather!

Let me know what you think.

Jacpher   

I would pack up and move in a heart beat overnight. I think nothing can replace Somalia for those of us who grew up there. Actually, I get home sick sometimes.

I can't wait to swim & play kaalsho in Liido beach in Kismaayo. Sxb, there's no place like home as they say it.

Although I don't like the west much, I don't think I would be so quick to pack up and move back to Somalia for good. I will probably go back there to open up a business but not to live there. I don't plan on living in a single for the rest of my life. Travelling is my hoby and something I hope to keep doing till the day I die.

Sky   

I would probably keep one leg in the west and one in Somalia. I don't think, especially not in the near future right after I finish Uni, that I'm gonna pack my bags and leave for Somalia for good. I see the west to much as my home for that. Most probable thing would be to live in the west, eventually open up a business and buy a dreamhouse in Somalia. If my business goes great enough, to leave my job in the west. And from then on gradually replacing the west for Somalia.

Cisaam   

Salaamu clykum everyone

I would have most certainly picked up my bags and leave the west for good for my much-beloved country and also to leave these filthy countries we live in but and it is really a big but because so many things needs to be addressed. I have seen people leaving and said they would not never come back but after a while did come back and the reasons vary. also one has to know that if the youth of our country as am one of them ignore whats happening back home and expect the warlords to form a government than really we have to ask ourselves, are we dreaming of thinking going back?.

Insha Allah I will relocate real soon. Somalia is my home and I have been away from it for two decades now.

However the West will continue to have an important place in my life, in terms of business and other interest it will be crucial for a very long time.

But yes going back is the plan.

Abwaan   

New Somalia? Where is the new Somalia we are talking about now? It is not me being pesimistic about this but this needs a sacrifice specially the young and those of us thinking of packing bags soon expecting that they are going to go back to pre-prepared Somalia.

Let us not be naive brothers and sisters but do you think that QABYAALAD will be get rid off soon because I think that is what shapes the thinking of many Somalis? Who is prepared to really work hard to not only look after themselves and their family but also make a positive contribution to the country?

Is this the usual QIIRO that has been occurring in the past 15 years where whoever thinks can get some posts from an administration back home because someone they are related to is part of the government used to say why should we bother living abroad, let us go back home? Are we serious about this? Yes, I agree that some improvements are happening in Somalia BUT a lot needs to be done too.

Please don't get me wrong as I beleive that there is nothing better than home too but my comments is just to be realistic.

Castro   

Originally posted by Abwaan:

[QB] New Somalia? Where is the new Somalia we are talking about now?

Right where the old one was. By "new", I meant how I percieve it. A "been there, done that" kind of place that has seen it all. War, famine, free market capitalism, Islamic fundemantalism, anarchy, fiefdoms, etc... The Somalia today is nothing like I knew in the past. A more mature, albeit wounded, Somalia.

Let us not be naive brothers and sisters but do you think that QABYAALAD will be get rid off soon

Probably not. Clannism will still be around. Racism is still rampant in many western countries but it hardly made those societies unliveable.

Who is prepared to really work hard to not only look after themselves and their family but also make a positive contribution to the country?

You hit the nail on the head. That is the most difficult part. Sacrifice. It's not impossible but it seems overwhelming. "How can I make a difference?"

Is this the usual QIIRO that has been occurring in the past 15 years

Yep!

where whoever thinks can get some posts from an administration back home because someone they are related to is part of the government

Huh? If the former regime of Siyaad Barre has taught us anything, it was to be in a position of power to "rape" the country. I think many of us have spent enough time in other countries to learn that there are other, better, ways to make a living.

Yes, I agree that some improvements are happening in Somalia BUT a lot needs to be done too.

Bingo! Who is going to do this "a lot" of work? These societies we live in have created environments where their children (and everyone, really) can live and prosper. We can't get past the "what has my country done for me lately?". With little sacrifices combined from many, the future is very bright.

Just my laba kumi!

Ofleh

Cawralo   

If it's nabad there in 4,5 years, when I'm done with school and all, I'll definetly relocate and open a clinic. money, money, mooney :D If not, I'll relocate allright..to one of them arab states, hope they still have oil by then. inshLah.

Of course, i would. Without a shred of a doubt. Besides, Somalia awaits us, the disrupted generation (those who were born there but whose livelihood both education and development have been disrupted by the war} and of course the Confused Generation - those who were either born or got to foreign land whilst still @ Mommy's lap, i.e., babies.

SAREEDO HADAY KU WAARTO, HADDII SILIC IYO DHIB GAARO, SAMAANTEED IYO XUMAANTEED,SOOMAALIYA SOOMAALI BAA LEH!

Good Topic bro. However on a serious note i would go back to Somalia without any doubt and that's not because of nostalgia or homesickness but rather from my consciousness, out of rationale and practical reasons and out of love,loyality to my home country of Soomaaliya. Walle waa run in Soomaaliya ey Soomaali leedahay.

I've lived in the west without being westernised and brainwashed for the majority and nearly entire life span. I don't have any feelings nor loyality to Europe, Northamerika or Oceania (australasia). I wasn't even born in Somalia but inshallah iam looking forward to going back it will not be easy but hey "Was it easy for West-Germany to recover from the shatterings and destruction of its cities and infrastructure to become one of the leading countries in engineering, technology, medicine, pharmacy and agriculture" to become the second largest economy in the world. One could argue that they benefited from the "marshall plan" but without any sacrifice and determination if you were to get billions you coudn't do anything

I think we've to do a hell lot of sacrifice and patience to restore Somalias glory once again. It will take time but inshallah our generation will be the one who will actually accomplomish that in the near future. So study hard illeen sharaf waxaad ku leedahay dalkaagii Hooyo iyo Dhulkaagii Hooyo and no where else.

Wallahi the people who are consent with their lives in the west are really a ingorant bunch of people who are misguided. I feel really sad when my western comrades ask me everytime about the time of my departure of their country although we

Insha Allah I will relocate real soon. Somalia is my home and I have been away from it for two decades now.

It has been 2 decades :confused: Well atleast we know you are over 20. smile.gif

I don't see myself in Somalia in the near future, and I don't know how Somalia was like my friend ducaqabe.

Bess.   

what more can i say...but there is no place like home....insha'allah we will all go back home b4 we die...ameen