Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Sharp cutlery knifes Vs Samurai swords

Oodweyne, lets deal in facts, President Yusuf defeated the secessionist in LA

Where was your power then? Or has the new DNA test made you stronger. :D

I am off I will respond to all relevent questions, Che has some, Oodweyne none Thus keep them coming and the sword has been put away for now. :D

Gabbal   

Duke, war jiraaba cakaarahu imaan. :D

Oodweyne, Djibouti accord is not worth the piece of paper it was written on.

Indhacade is today in Dhuusamareb--courtesy of Al Shabaab. Gone are the days of simplifying the situation into clan. That was the ICU days. Reorient your thinking and make sure you are not clouded by anti-D"ism" in your future commentaries.

No clan can today claim to control the movement and any clan that attempts to do so is only misleading itself.

Gabbal   

^No actually I do not think Hiiraale is going to make any sort of comeback. The man has went the way of Gen Cumar Xaaji Massale. August 2006 was not Hiiraale vs. Islamist, the fight in it itself started between Hiiraale supporters and those who felt warlordism had no more position in Somali politics and wanted to move on. Hassan Turki himself said on the BBC "we [islamists] came to support those of Hiiraale's clan who wanted to move on during the second day of fighting".

I guess that says something about the rest of your commentary. The situation in current Somalia is not the simple clan-oriented jigsaw puzzle it once move. Reorient your think and adapt or be left behind as a clueless laughingstock. smile.gif

Originally posted by Oodweyne:

[in other words; the battle you speak of may have go against us at that day; but in so far as the
larger war
is concern, it was us who have won it, hands down. Since as we speak in here of
SOL
, it is the case that city of
Las-Anod
is in our hand; and
Col. Yey
who is less than
50 kilometers
from that city, can't do jack all about it...

Now, tell me, how is that for a
complete victory
,.. heh..
dear lad
?..
:D

Basically.

To the Iron-Duke:

Saaxiib, this so-called agreement signed by Nur Cade and his co-hearts is nothing but a miserable travesty. How in the world can Somalia ever have the need for 500+ MPs. This is total rubbish in my opinion. This is only meant as an attempt to have a solid veto-proof majority in the TFG parliament? How foolish of them to think, they will get away with such nonsense and who in the world do they think they are fooling. Am sure, this was indeed the final straw that broke the camel's back, and even though Nur Cade does not know it yet, the president has finally found the perfect reason to rid the TFG of its useless prime minister. This foolish move by the prime minister has literally ensured that those MPs who were on the sidelines support the president when he calls for the removal of this guy. Am sure they do not trust the ARS MPs to wanna share the parliament with them.

Ha ha ha --these guys were hoping to outsmart the President with make-believe peace agreement amongst themselves, but they just gave him the leverage he's been looking for soo long. The President's position has been strengthened. He has always had the backing of his home state, Puntland. He's got the support of Libya, Sudan, Uganda, Yemen and Kenya. Am sure that when Barack moves into the white house, he will also side with his Kenyan cousins who ALL support AY. Even Zenawi isn't too sure wether to distance himself from the president, which explains his beef with his own corrupt foreign minister.

I just hope this time around, when this Nur Cade guy is sacked, the president appoints a hardworking prime minister who works for the interest of the nation, instead of a looser who works with the folks who've been destroying the country for the last 20 years.

dhulQarnayn :cool:

Republic Of California

Dhulqarnayn:

Your analysis was spot on, the problem is those who signed this “agreement” to implement it.

Their whole agenda was to get rid of President Yusuf, however all they have highlighted is the level of his support and its depth within the existing Parliament. Why not just impeach him through the current parliament? The answer is simple because, because they cannot get rid of him that easily, hence the need for this grand charade which seems to be falling apart as we speak.

The Djibouti initiative seems to be no more than an NGO dinner party. The UN rep and his group need to justify the funds that have been used thus every time they have a “significant progress” and a “milestone agreement” which they send to the head quarters in New York so they can get more funding.

Nur Cade & Ahmed AbdiSalaan with Sharif Ahmed & the other fellow are trying to win the day for the clan and hence these many agreements that have never actually been implemented on the ground.

How many ceasefires have there been?

This agreement has not diminished the power of Yusuf Yey , as I have said earlier the only thread he faces are from the Ethiopians and they are facing huge pressures to leave and be replaced with international troops led by the AU.

To the grand secessionist “thinker” , what is this post TFG thing you are talking about I thought you held the view there was no TFG, thus another day another contradiction from Oodweyne.

money   

I love Somali Maahmaah that says: Nin Qoyan biyo ma iska dhowro! I am for peace! I am against peace! I am clannish , no I am nationalist - hadalkaas ma is keenaayo - Just let me remind Duke that Somalia is not a sub-clan! it is a nation-state, a country with the same people who share ethnicity, religion, culture and language - same people who are sadly still led and manipulated by sick old men with clannish mentality. Their time is almost done due to old age and ill-health. It is gonna take us another 20-30 years to have a viable peaceful and progressive and prosperous Somali nation- Some will work for that reputable goal while others will be short-sighted and just become victims of their ignorance and primitiveness.

As for the Djibouti agreement - I am not sure of what to make of it.

As for the withdrawal of the Ethiopians: Can't wait to see when the last Ethiopian soldier is out of Somalia.

As for Somalis owning the peace process without foreign intervention and compromising for the common interest - priceless!

Found this article, which basically sums up the nonsense that has become the fruits of Xiin's peace caravan and if I might add-- a total joke! smile.gif

So did the UN give Sheikh Sharif and the ARS-Djibouti faction 275 seats on account of enjoying some support in Jowhar and Beletwein?

Somalia: An unrealistic and embarrassing power-sharing agreement

More than five months of United Nations-sponsored Somali peace talks ended last week with the signing of a "power-sharing agreement" between the Transitional Federal Government (TFG) and the opposition Alliance for the Re-liberation of Somalia (ARS). Unfortunately, to say the least, key leaders within the TFG and the ARS have already rejected the power-sharing agreement, which calls for the dissolution of the TFG and the establishment of a two-year 'Unity Government.' Naturally, 'unity' comes at a very high price: 275 seats will go the ARS and smaller interest groups, undoubtedly with links to the ARS machinery.

Alas, we can say with firm conviction that all the violence and destruction was a struggle for political power. All the ill-equipped young boys who were sent to face off against the Ethiopian military machine and massacred in towns between Baidoa and Mogadishu, between Galkayo and Beletwein, and on Mogadishu's gritty streets for two years, and all the mothers' tears – it was all for power. It was about staying at fancy hotels in Djibouti City, Khartoum and Nairobi, and demanding from Somalia and the international community impossible things or threatening war. And without warning, it was a dramatic shift from 'only Islamic law' to '275 parliament seats.'

But who will give the ARS-Djibouti 275 parliament seats? Somali President Abdullahi Yusuf has rejected the power-sharing deal, further dividing the TFG into rival camps with Prime Minister Nur Adde endorsing the agreement. ARS-Eritrea group, which includes prominent Islamic Courts Union (ICU) officials, much like ARS-Djibouti – has stuck to its principle of not negotiating until Ethiopian troops withdraw. Al Shabaab guerrillas, who control key towns in southern Somalia, have vowed to continue fighting regardless of Ethiopian pullout until the ultimate goal of Islamic rule is attained.

It took two years (2002-2004) to establish the current 275-seat TFG Parliament, with parliamentary seats divided delicately along clan lines (4.5 Formula). With the stroke of a pen, TFG and ARS factions in Djibouti hope to create an entire new government, with a new 550-seat parliament, a new Speaker and a new President by January 2009. There is no mention of workable such a huge parliament is; aside from the obvious logistical problems, the undeniable fact remains that ARS leaders will appoint the 275 additional seats allocated to the group. In Somalia, there is also the undeniable fact that the ARS leaders – and the ICU leadership, generally – are dominated by members of a particular clan-group (Ha'wiye). Not surprising, both the TFG and the ARS delegations were led by Ha'wiye politicians, who signed the deal before smiling for the cameras. Yesterday's enemies, today's dear and beloved.

In geographic terms, where is the ARS constituency in Somalia? Well, the separatist republic of Somaliland and the Puntland regional autonomy are excluded – so that effectively eliminates half the country. In the south (south of Galkayo), the ARS-Djibouti enjoys tentative support as demonstrated by ARS Chairman Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed's brief trip in October to Jowhar and Beletwein – two towns under ICU control. Because Sheikh Sharif did not visit Kismayo, under the control of al Shabaab, the ARS-Djibouti has no constituency in the Jubba regions to bring to the bargaining table. The TFG has a strong presence in Baidoa and is counter-force to Islamist influences in Bay and Bakool regions.

So did the UN give Sheikh Sharif and the ARS-Djibouti faction 275 seats on account of enjoying some support in Jowhar and Beletwein? It is a diplomatic embarrassment for the world body to be associated with an unreasonable, unrealistic and unworkable power-sharing agreement that is not recognized by anyone outside the circle who signed it.

Republic Of California

Originally posted by General Duke:

Today he has lost nothing, still head of state, gaining the support of the existing parliament maybe 90% or more, his super base Puntland is intact and thriving.
Only the Ethiopians are a threat to Yey, no other group in Somalia can do a thing.

Ethiopia is indeed a threat to his plans, but Ethiopia is ALSO a threat to each and every other Somali out there in the political arena, because they never EVER want to see a viable government to rise-up in Somali. But atleast, el presdiente is macho enough to stand upto them and show them that he will not be pushed around that easily. Infact, did he not tell them they could withdraw their troops a while ago? But now you got Shiekh Madoobe and sheikh Shariif all asking for them to stay on...whatever happened to the, "ALL FOREIGN TROOPS MUST LEAVE" nonsense, huh?...LOL :D

Baydhabo: Aaden Madoobe oo ka digey bixitaanka ciidamada Itoobiya.

Sh. Shafiif oo Dalbaday Ciidamo Dheeri ah

Republic Of California

President Yusuf stay in Puntland has been fruitful, the coronation of the 33rd king of the nation aside. The President has also gained the support of his base which has rubbished what most Somali’s see as the clan agreement signed by Nur Cade and his kinsmen Sharif Ahmed. Those who sponsored the plan are at loss and find no way of getting out of the hole they dug themselves in.

Not only Puntland but even the armed clan groups opposed to the TFG has lampooned the agreement. The Asmara group the major clans of Bay & Bakool and the parliament have all have come out against the agreement. So who made peace, Nur Cade & Sharif Ahmed ?

Its amusing and nothing more and those who used to hide in the shadows have revealed themselves.