Sign in to follow this  
Tahliil

Controversial Indhacade Selected for the Defense Post

Emperor; Xiin has a point with Turki & Cayrow. Though the man who declared the war and then was never heard of again IndaCade will achieve nothing.

As for the security, the Asmara farce was just a way for Aferwarki to score some points against his old enemy Melez. He hates being isolated and thus brought these desepearte groups together for that single reason.

The opposition groups who relied heavily on Oromo, Eritrea and ONLF as well as their "brave holly warrior" commanders before the minute war, now want us to belive they will "liberate" Somalia [their words] through these silly bombings which 90% of the time, kill and maim civilians.

If one opens his/her eyes they will see, their militias are disbanded, either in jail, given up, dead or on the run. Their military hardware destroyed, their finances in dissaray with their cash cows and centres of power taken over by the TFG, their media outlets either behaving or cloosed down. Though these foolish people believe now they will somehow regain all their lost power and even more achieve in utter defeat and weakness what they could not at the height of their power.

Is it me or are Somali's in the diaspora delusional? :D

Emperor   

^I think it is you, you need to look beyond your prejudice, loook inda'ade in different eye, the man who saves Somalia who is gona invade Adis Ababa, that Maroodi is back in business, watch your back :D

Paragon   

Che,

Adeer, the fact that we are not in any way influential on the politics on the ground is something every tome, dick and harry knows. That is not the issue here. The issue here is this: when one professes support for a certain idea or movement, he or she must stick with it. And if he or she were to withdraw then they mustn't do so at every sneeze and cough. Doing so makes id!ots out of them, really.

Originally posted by Juje:

You cant have both ways sxb. As you say his a contreversial charecter hence his appointment should be similar beyond argument.

I'm pleading with you to think with your head and not your guts. You're driven by emotions. In all human history, national liberation struggles had to make devil's pact to win. Yes, it would have been ideal had Indhacadde not been given any prominent position. Yes, he is controversial fella. But there's nothing controversial about his new position because the cause he is enlisted for is not least bit controversial. In fact, it is a noble and worthy endeavor. You simply have to do better job explaining the logical connection between his appointment as a leader in one of the several resistance groups, and how that detracts from the worthy endeavor of freeing Somalia from Ethiopian occupation. The expulsion of Ethiopia and the restoration of Somalia's independence, dignity, sovereignty and freedom is the single most important challenge facing Somalia.

Now, you say he is singularly responsible for the collapse of ICU. Can you substantiate this?

Juje   

Originally posted by Paragon:

If, however, they claim to have genuine and sincere wish to see the country liberated from Ethiopian occupation, let them come with more tangible concerns than this. To be honest, it is a shameful act to always look for petty excuses to change their stances. Why don't they be men enough and label themselves 'The Opportunists in the Middle' from henceon? Only then we wouldn't be dealing with the nonsense they fashion as being genuine support!

Para sxb the moment you accept that we can share same principle but differ in approach and implementation of tasks will be healthy, constructive and productive. If you on the other hand jump to the conclussion that any finger of criticism towards Asmara declaration and label it as cynicism then you are not being fair.

Was the conference vital to unify national consensus, YES. Was it necessary to establish united front with working committes and organisations, YES. Will it help in the fight against Ethiopian colonialism and their stooges both through the battlefield and the harnassing of international support and recognition, YES.

In spite of all above what was needed was to produce and struct a body that is capable and representable through merit and ability. And if you are telling me that Indhacadde falls under such group sxb, then you really have an issue that you need to bring on surface.

Paragon...What one professess is pointless if it doesn't materialise into an actaul action. Of course, most sane people would want to see free Somalia, but that is niether nor here if we don't do anything to free it. And there is lot alot to read in thread, but I think most who sympathise with the courts are merely questioning the compatency of the man called Indhocadde.

The military wing of the courts in my opinion should be headed by someone who actually knows what they are doing. I believe Ceyroow and Turki could have been a better choice.

^^I do love it how you will "liberate" a country all the way from the comfort of your own home.

I also find they used to use Jihad & gain support from Aferwarki at the same time. An Islamic movement headed by a Christan despot who abuses his own Muslim population.. :D

The bombs which many of you support were led by Ahmed Diriye group, who were fighting on behalf of a single clan in order to keep what they gained in the war.

Even now, the Asmara group only promise more war, more bombs while wanting to "free" the people they want to keep in a state of war.

Anyhow all this fake stance will not work, restoring this nations government and institutions will take time. And the TFG has time.insha Allah

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

Indhacadde maybe a controversial fella but there's nothing controversial about his appointment. The only lingering doubt is whether he is up to the task. Time well tell.

I'm really baffled by the hostile chorus this article engendered. If you're TFG supporter, your disapproval is understandable. If you TFG cheerleaders weren't so blindly in support of the TFG's pogrom of marginalizing all dissenting voices, sacking the independently minded speaker of the parliament and mercilessly quashing all independent voice in the media, you wouldn't be in situation you are now where your arch nemesis (ICU) and perennial thorn in the side is the only royal opposition on the horizon. You got only yourselves to blame for this.

I'll leave to abeyance for the time being the transparent insencerity when you denounce Indhocadde for his lack of moral scruples and past deeds given that you support clique of men of similar traits who made you, me and everyone else refugees; men like C/yuusuf, ceydiid jr., qebdiid, gacmadheere, ali mahdi et al. You also don't spare besmirching other members of the resistance, including everyone from night living saints to two-bit marginal characters.

But for the people who don't support the TFG, your stance is harder to grasp. I'm trying terribly hard to understand your reasoning. Someone help me. What does your feelings about Indhacadde have to do with supporting the Just Cause of resisting Ethiopian occupation? Love the sinner, hate the sin, remember? Do you hate the man or what he did? If the latter, then there is really no reason for you not to support the resistance or the Asmara group since this is a Just Cause. This is most specious reasoning if there ever was one. It is imperative that the Ethiopian occupation of Somalia not pass without resistance. The right of local ppl to resist foreign occupation is enshrined in every extant international law. So supporting the resistance against Ethiopian occupation is not only morally justifiable but also legally sanctioned as well. There's really no rational grounds for you not to support the resistance. You should really be careful not to miss the trees for the forest.

Far be it from to espouse Manichean take on things but this is one of the few exception to my general rule. In fact, G. W. Bush formulated it nicely for us: you're either with the occupation of Somalia by Ethiopia supported by fifth columnist sellouts or you're with those resisting the foreign occupation of Somalia.

The goal of challenging Ethiopia’s influence and hegemony in Somalia does not justify the means in my books. I have labored before to explain, many times, why the temporary inclusion of Indhacade in the defeated Courts security command was just that, a temporary. And I could still do that if there’s a credible leadership that could show the capacity to understand the complexity of Somali political issues and communicate some understanding of the role Indhacadde played in the past as a powerful warlord who stood for injustice and anarchy. The picture that emerged from Asmara is, I am afraid, far from what it takes to even make the slightest impact on the ground, much less change the harsh reality of the tremendous sufferings in Mogadishu and its environs. Indhacadde’s political resurrection is but one problem hanging over the credibility of the Asmara group. It’s what broke the proverbial camels back for many hopefuls who were looking some sort of direction from Asmara! Browse the leadership slate that the Asmara meeting put together and tell me if you honestly think with such leadership Somalia could resolve its intractable problems? I don’t.

Now to put the terms of this debate in a noeconic fashion and assert that you are either with this group or with the Amxaaro league is unfortunate. If all you want to exact is collect a bunch of stone-throwers or grenade launchers for that matter and claim that you oppose Ethiopia’s presence in Somalia adeer I am not with you. If however you are up to the challenge before you and willing to address the problems that caused us to be state-less and vanish in a state of anarchy for 17 odd years then you need to wise up and abandon this camel-herder mentality of pride and retaliation with no foresight of what you are inheriting. It’s the big picture that we are not getting right yaa socodka. And from where I am coming from what Asmara managed to delivered amounts to a feeble mouse in the face of the regional and global coalitions that are assembled to counter. One can’t capture Somalia with mere shouts and raw emotions. If you really serious or this group is really serious to counter Ethiopia’s unparalleled influence on our affairs they need to fundamentally change this game, occupy the high summit of this battle and try to unify Somalis in their segregated and segmented regional entities. But with the leadership it come up, this group is only a notch ahead of those in Xamar, if any. So it’s not Indhacadde per se but it’s the type of leadership Asmara put together that disappointed us.

Of course the cause is greater than personalities, and it will live on. Not embracing what Asmara produced does not mean the abandonment of the cause of lessening if not completely getting rid off of Ethiopia’s influence and military presence in Somalia.

At this stage of Somali politics, my hope is this group will sit down with the tfg and arrive some sort of arrangement to facilitate Ethiopia’s departure and save Somalia and Somalis from this endless pain, and plan for the future.

I went where Baashi went yaa Jamaacah: Genuine Dirin, with no preconditions attached, is the only way out of this mess---at least we will try!

NASSIR   

Originally posted by The Duke:

] ^^I do love it how you will "liberate" a country all the way from the comfort of your own home.

I also find they used to use Jihad & gain support from Aferwarki at the same time.
An Islamic movement headed by a Christan despot who abuses his own Muslim population..
:D

However, This is what the TFG is focused on: to build the institutions of the state and fight to create more stability in Mogadisho, and here [they] are screaming to kill more women and children. Ilaahow hana cadaabin

http://www.somaliaonline.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=012553

I would like to share with you also a brilliant viewpoint by Mohamed I. Farah.

However apart from the need to secure peace in its territory, another reason that often is given to help explain Ethiopian involvement in the Somali affairs is the alleged quest it has for a sea port.

There is no doubt that lack of seaports makes Ethiopia look like it is a vulnerable actor in the region. And yet is Ethiopia so desperate for a seaport that it is willing to risk a regional instability to achieve its ambitions? Almighty God in his infinite wisdom, just as in the same way that He has created the coast line of Somalia and then gave it to Somali people, so too the same Almighty God has created the water of Shabelle and Juba Rivers and then gave it to Ethiopians to do whatever they want. Thus
has it ever occurred to Somalis that one thing that Ethiopians could do with that water is to temper with its flow? Indeed while lack of access to seaports makes Ethiopia look like it is a vulnerable actor in the region, yet Ethiopia is not that helpless considering that as a fountainhead for various river systems in the region, Ethiopia can use the water of Juba and Shebelle, the only two rivers in Somalia, as a bargaining chip, to win its ambitions in Somalia quite easily.

It is just foolish for Somali politicians to catch blues and therefore look despondent and desperate, or to have temper tantrums each time the name Ethiopia is mentioned. Those tantrums are reminiscent of a child who having refused a candy by its parents begins to act weirdly. Somalis must learn how to play politics with sober and clear mind. Let Somalis give Ethiopia the benefit of doubt.

Another viewpoint of Ismail A. Ismail, which highlights the same glaring fact.

I read last year a statement published by the Ethiopian Ministry of Foreign Affairs in which it was argued, inter alia, that Somalia depended on two rivers (Juba and Shabeele) both of which originated from Ethiopia
and that the latter would be at liberty to reduce for the benefit of its own population the water flowing from Ethiopian highlands to Somalia.
There are of course international conventions governing the sharing of water by riparian states. But, what policy studies have we ever done respecting this vital issue? None, I presume! The Ethiopian statement is of course ill-conceived and shortsighted and does not apparently foresee any possible retaliatory response from our side. But what are we to do ourselves with our ports, our long shore, our beautiful beaches and our rich seabed? What can we do to be self-sufficient in food? Do we have a food security plan? The list is endless.

Inda'cadde is not controversial in my opinion. If anyone knew the situation in the occupied region before the arrival of Inda'Cadde, then they merit Inda'Cadde, and would consider him to be like heaven on earth...Fellas, the occupied region has experienced peace N stability since the takeover of Inda"cadde. Yes, people had to pay taxes(like everywhere in the modern world), yes trees were burnt for charcoal for $$$$4 (like PL & SL), yes drugs were planted in many areas for cash again, but there was law N order (similar to other peaceful states like Puntland& Somaliland). Well there is other records that some people may say its controversial (such as the meddling with the Jubba affairs and suppotting one side over another. Yes, there was some clashes couple times with folks from Northeastern, N thats about it....Howeva, nothing is controversial about this fella beside dat he was on the winning side all along until the ultimatum defeat a.K.a seven day war......In fact, Inda'cadde is the standard leadership for successful regions such PL & SL...., the problem lays in his Wadaadnimo character and sending 3,000 children under the age of 14yrs old to Jihad massacre, meanwhile him and his cousin(Aweys) escaping to Asmara for a tea party" ...

Tahliil   

Please don't smear, don't belittle, don't slander and don't make harmful and untrue statements about the good name of the soldiers who lost thier lives while defending honor, justice, morality and nobility in their OWN country againts the Tigrinyan aggression...by saying they were sent to their death by Indhacade...They died,those noble Somali men, for what they believed in...a concept that seems totally alien to some SOL members

Those who died in Hamar, in Bandiiradley and in else where Somalia, defending their towns and homes from an invading Tigrinyan tanks were the least bit influenced by Indhacade but they have unquestionably been impacted by the bigger and better cause and principle of being Patriots first and foremost..May the Almighty have His mercy on them

Juje   

Originally posted by Tahliil:

Please don't smear, don't belittle, don't slander and don't make harmful and untrue statements about the good name of the soldiers who lost thier lives while defending honor, justice, morality and nobility in their OWN country againts the Tigrinyan aggression...by saying they were sent to their death by Indhacade...They died,those noble Somali men, for what they believed in...a concept that seems totally alien to some SOL members

Typical Somali, not accepting blame. They blame it on everybody else but themselves or much better they glorify it as Tahliil is doing it.

Tahliil   

See if you think those who died for what they believed in; for defending their homeland to be less than noble.....then we are on two different galaxies so until you either move up here where I live with the NORMAL thinking human beings or until I, god forbid thou, happen to b so far removed from the truth and the reality in our midst and insanely move my radar to your side of logic until either one of that happens Mr. JUMJO you can always absolutely ignore my thoughts…lol..

In all seriousness brother JUJE those who died in Somalia shielding and protecting their homes from an external threat happen to be in my book noble, gracious, and honorable men…and women…and May they ALL THOSE BRAVE SOMALIS WHO NEED NOBODY’S GLORIFICATION rest in peace..