Sign in to follow this  
Tahliil

Controversial Indhacade Selected for the Defense Post

Tahliil   

Somalia's opposition group appoints Islamist warlord for defense

24 Sep 24, 2007 - 12:34:17 PM

ASMARA, Eritrea Sep 24 (Garowe Online) - A former defense secretary under the Islamic Courts movement ousted from southern Somalia late last year by allied Somali and Ethiopian troops has been named to a top post in a newly formed opposition alliance, sources said.

Yusuf "Indha Ade" Mohamed Siad was appointed to the defense post of the Alliance for the Re-liberation of Somalia (ARS), a loose coalition of opposition groups including Islamists, deposed lawmakers and Diaspora activists.

The ARS was established earlier this month after opposition figures concluded a conference in the Eritrean capital Asmara. ARS leaders have vowed to use all means to expel Ethiopian "invaders" from Somalia.

It is not clear whether or not Indha Ade is in Asmara to accept the post. Many people remember Indha Ade for his fiery rhetoric and his repeated calls for "jihad" against Ethiopian troops, leading up to war last December whereby Islamist militias were forced to scatter.

Residents in Lower Shabelle region remember Indha Ade as a brutal warlord who used clan militias to impose his rule upon the unarmed population of the region, long before he allied himself with the Islamists.

Another senior Islamic Courts official, Abdirahman Janakow, was named as secretary-general of the ARS. Janakow was the Islamists' deputy executive officer when they ruled Mogadishu and much of south-central Somalia in 2006.

Hussein Aideed, a former deputy Prime Minister and interior minister, was named as second-in-command of the ARS central committee, a 191-seat legislative body chaired by former parliament Speaker Sharif Hassan.

Other notables named to top posts include Jama Mohamed Ghalib and Mohamed Ahmed Tarsan. Qalib, a former government official in the bygone Siad Barre era, was named as deputy to ARS chief executive Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed.

Tarsan, a Diaspora activist closely associated with the Islamist leadership, was appointed as the group's planning secretary.

Col. Omar Hashi, a close ally of Sharif Hassan and a deposed MP, was named as the alliance's interior secretary while Yusuf "Dheeg" Hassan is to hold the much contested foreign affairs portolio.

Confidential sources privately told Garowe Online that Dheeg was being promoted in Asmara for the foreign affairs post by Islamist leaders.

It is not clear exactly what the government-like ARS plans to do in the future, even though the group's stated uniting goal is to drive the Ethiopians out of Somalia.

Source: Garowe Online

I am deeply saddened by hearing this.

Of all capable, choosing Indhamadoowe and of all posts, giving him the senior and prominent post of "difaaca/gaashaandhiga" very unfortuante.

I thought by now the leadership in Maxkamadaha have learned a valuable lesson.

The influence, it seems, is two-fold: Boiling pressure by Korneel Daahir Aweys behind the closed doors and Indhamadoowe's supposed presence in Muqdisho. He is assumed to be in Xamar and in charge qaraxyadda ka dhacaaya meeshaas, along with Ceyroow.

Many capable men are available and were -- and still are -- at their disposal, men the likes of Korneel Cumar Xaashi Aaden or even Jen. Jaamac Max'ed Qaalib. They are at least military experienced men and much less controversial. They are also eloquent speakers and political mature men aan hadalka ku deg degin.

All those isqabqabsi ka socday meeshaas the last couple days must have related to Indhamadoowe. I am sure many kasoo horjeeday his nomination meesha joogay.

If they had the need to satisfy Indhamadoowe's sub-clan tol, they could have had many capable men from that tol, I am sure. Heck, give it to Jen. Galaal.

BiLaaL   

Lets not get hang up on the nomination of certain individuals. The cause is bigger than indha'ade. As to why others weren't picked in his place? Well, only the alliance could answer that. Besides, Indha'ade is a Somali national and is said to be leading the resistance inside Somalia. As for allegations of prior misconduct on the part of Indha'ade, it can easily be argued that most of the alliance members aren't immune from the same charges.

For those who fear backlash on the part of the U.S. and co; i have this for you - get real. Liberation is not a picnic. One doesn't end an occupation by appeasing foreigners; in this case, those who have interests of their own to serve. We need to employ every available resource in order to successfully liberate our country. If Indha'ade is leading the resistance on the ground, then his nomination is a pragmatic one. Lets not forget - this role requires the gathering info on available arms, conjuring up strategies which are flexible and dynamic, reporting on outcomes of strategies thus far employed, morale of fighters etc. All of these can best be collated by someone on the ground. For now, Indha'ade happens to be that someone. I'm sure the alliance chose Indha'ade for that reason and that reason alone.

Chimera   

they lost me..for good

insha-allah one of these days or months real patriotic men and women who put the country and it's people first will rise and destroy all these evil men and clean the political landscape of Somalia for good

this drugs dealer if i get my hands on him..

me   

Kuwani ma gaastey cabaan? Indhacade ayaa arimaha difaaca loo dhiibay? Maxkamadahan rajo ma leh. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but now I think kuwanina waa lug'gooyo. Waa in aan cid kale raadsanaa.

Now i can see the confusion ,,, there is no where to run i guess ,,,, kuwii wax laga sugaayayna waa kuwaas .... kuwii kelena dhulkii bay xaraasheen ,,,,,,

No wonder i'm not in ........... i'm glad i'm out

Ms DD   

Quite dissappointed with this. I would love to kno the hold he has over these people. If he is very important to the movement, couldnt he pull strings behind the scenes? The Asmara group could do with PR expert.

Dhubad.   

Indhacade is not capable for that position, we all know what he did last time - Announcing intese war in 7 days and disappeared completely.

This is a disappointment walaahi, you would think these people are educated and will rectify their mistakes but no chance, take an example for Turki bragging about foreign fighters and showing his ill equipped fighters, who is forcing him to do that?

Hadith baa wuxuu ahaa Ninka Muslimka ahi god laba jeer lagamaqaniino . Xaguu kamaray Hadithkaan?

NGONGE   

Heh. In their haste to resemble an alternative to the TFG and look like a real government, they even started to make similar mistakes! This has all the signs of being an offensively embarrassing farce.

Whenever you think Somalis had reached rock bottom they surprise you with their ingenuity and ability to dig some more. :(

me   

Lol, stop deluding yourself sxb all Somalis are in the same boat. The stooges in Hargeysa don't need xabashi whips to fall inline, they are gladly arresting fellow Somalis to hand over and they have already surrendered to the enemy. So sxb nothing to be happy about unless your happy being a xabashi serf.

i hope you won't day saying xabashi xabashi when they ask you to say Shaadah ..... :D

u can do nothing to the xabashida as you are sipping your coffee comfortably somewhere in abroad ....

Paragon   

Lol. Waad riyooneysaan dhamaantiin. That is what you are all doing. You want to see liberation of Somalia? What kind do you like the Courts to offer to the Somali people? A verbally-charged liberation? Or a militarily-driven liberation?

Get real people, as Bilaal suggested. If you expected a verbal liberation then maybe Indha-Cade can be excluded from the struggle. But if not, I assure you, he is indispensible in the struggle - whatever his previous records show. Records and rumour which I am sure those in Asmara are fully aware off. But still, they had to make the difficult decision of including him in the process- that decision should make a clear signal to you guys.