Sign in to follow this  
Sky

Extensive photo report of TFG in Mudug

Sky   

We were all slowly surprised when Gaalkacyo, the capitol of Mudug hosted the president, prime minister, speaker and a large number of ministers, MPs and ambassadors at once. Especially with the controversy hanging around Gaalkacyo as the primary stronghold of Cabdullahi Yuusuf's politics and as the home of the civil war's most bloodthirsty and ruthless warlords.

I don't understand the statements coming out of Gaalkacyo of the past week. Its very good that the TFG wants Gaalkacyo and Mudug in general to unite. But how will that be done? Will Southern Mudug become part of Puntland? Something I don't see happening easily. But when Cabdullahi Yuusuf, a man from Northern Mudug says, deep in Baraxley, that Southern Mudug is part of Puntland and that Cusmaan Caato, Ducaale Xaaf and Maxamed Furux (All Mog Warlords) cheering after that statement makes me wonder.

99667651_a9f704b854.jpg

[speaker's plane arrives at Gaalkacyo International Airport]

99668221_b38a2e8520.jpg

[Mayor of Gaalkacyo Yabaq at the airport]

99668613_2d74b251a1.jpg

[Local women in traditional and nationalistic outfits at the airport]

99668617_b5d1a47c0f.jpg

[Puntland and TFG MPs in line at the airport]

99668216_b71ffce560.jpg

99667654_6feea957ac.jpg

[From the airport driving through Gaalkacyo]

99667655_6f04e55577.jpg

99668611_bf0e3bcb47.jpg

[Driving passed the ex-military base Dayax at the right of which the land has been privatised by Cabdullahi Yuusuf a few years ago after Gaalkacyo has grown so explosively that the Xero is now located in the city instead of outside the city]

Sky   

99667649_8d083d9bfa.jpg

[On the way to Taar City Hotel - 2 miles north of Gaalkacyo]

99667652_a547a761d8.jpg

[At the far Northern end of Gaalkacyo]

99669616_0d06a1c2df.jpg

[Finally arriving at Taar City Hotel]

99668219_3e0c3beea7.jpg

99668616_18be376c5b.jpg

[Local school girls waiting in the hotel to welcome the speaker]

99668222_dc2848104c.jpg

[From L-R: PL Speaker Dalmar, TFG Speaker Sharif and the president]

99668220_e602f5ade9.jpg

[The speaker and president between Minister of Planning Cabdirisaq Jurille and Prime Minister Cali Geedi]

99668612_a87736156d.jpg

[On their way to the dining hall for the Qado Sharaf for the speaker and his Wafdi]

Yeniceri   

Its very good that the TFG wants Gaalkacyo and Mudug in general to unite. But how will that be done? Will Southern Mudug become part of Puntland?

I wouldn't read too much into Col Yeey's words. He wants to get political points by holding hands (!) with Cismaan Caato and posing for pictures.

Now, Gen Cadde Muuse is back and he immediately flew to Galkacyo to meet with Col Yeey and further busy himself with "federal" matters while overt corruption destroys the political and economic fabric of Puntland!

Puntland needs to be saved.

Sayyid   

Nice pictures, thanks sky! On the note of the 'unifaction' of the divided city of Galkacyo, I for once really welcome it.

That is 'if' the other side accepts certain conditions and 'also' pays the taxes the rest of the city is paying.

We have to bring them to the 'mainstream' of the city because 'baraxley' is where the most feared criminals of the whole of Somalia seek refuge too after committing 'gross' crimes in Moqadishu. This people are fearless and 'if' we can bring police and the army to take care of them instead of chasing them to the greenline and they escaping to 'baraxley' we could actually arrest them and bring them to 'justice'.

I was for once advocating for a 'separation' wall to be build in order to protect 'ourselves' from the criminals inside 'baraxley' but if things change for better as they seem now, I have nothing against the proposal as long as they accept police presence in their part of the city and pay the 'taxes', it's only good for us anyway!

Yeniceri   

^^

True, but everywhere I look, a leadership is f.ucking it up for the rest and each nation needs to be saved from itself (i.e. from its leaders). The U.S. is a prime example!

Originally posted by Sayyid ()Qutb:

I was for once advocating for
a 'separation' wall
to be build in order to protect 'ourselves' from the criminals inside 'baraxley'

A separation wall? Is this guy serious?

Those walls failed in Berlin and they're bound to fail if Israel continues to build their new wall. What made you think, even for a brief second, that a "separation wall" in Galkacyo would work?

And you make Baraxley look as if it has only "criminals", when in fact, the whole of Galkacyo is full of criminals and is home to Somalia's most notorious and ruthless warlords (so-called "presidents", "ministers" and "MPs").

Separation wall! Goodness.

ANWAR   

ALLAH HAS BLESST OSS BECAUS we have Cabdullahi Yuusuf and geedi to save oss from fat warlords

in mogadisho

hehehehehehehehehehe :D:D:Dicon_razz.gif:D

Castro   

So far, this is the quote of the year for 2006:

we have Cabdullahi Yuusuf and geedi to save oss from fat warlords

Galkacyu unied would help the whole of Somalia in general and the people of Mudug in particular.

The people of Glkacyu have a choice of uniting and prospering or keeping these sensless divisions. Puntland should not put too many conditions to the "other side", nor should Southern Mudug keep to the stuborn side.

United police force and city council and a share of all public institutions.

Galkacyu will then compete to become a truly great city in comparison with the rest of Somalia.

Sky   

I wouldn't read too much into Col Yeey's words. He wants to get political points by holding hands (!) with Cismaan Caato and posing for pictures.

Now, Gen Cadde Muuse is back and he immediately flew to Galkacyo to meet with Col Yeey and further busy himself with "federal" matters while overt corruption destroys the political and economic fabric of Puntland!

Puntland needs to be saved.

You're right, Col Yeey is probably saying that to win some brownie points. Unconfirmed reports say that Col Yeey requested Gen Cadde to transfer $300.000 from the Puntland treasury to Baraxley. A request that pissed Gen Cadde off. Especially after Afqudhac approved to give the Speaker $500.000 after Col Yeey's request. For what exactly? The parliament meeting in Baydhabo will be financed by the IC!

Even though Puntland needs to be saved. And the one to do that is Cadde. I do believe that the TFG is more important than Puntland for the time being. So I can understand why he flew to Gaalkacyo to meet with Col Yeey behind closed doors.

I was for once advocating for a 'separation' wall to be build in order to protect 'ourselves' from the criminals inside 'baraxley'

Sayid, you can't be serious.

The people of Glkacyu have a choice of uniting and prospering or keeping these sensless divisions. Puntland should not put too many conditions to the "other side", nor should Southern Mudug keep to the stuborn side.

United police force and city council and a share of all public institutions.

Galkacyu will then compete to become a truly great city in comparison with the rest of Somalia.

Gaalkacyo has a lot of potential without the tension and separation that it currently sees. It is a win-win situation. Once Baraxley is integrated into the rest of Gaalkacyo and the rest of Gaalkacyo opens up to Baraxley and both parties lose their hostile attitudes towards each other, we will see Reer K/Mudug iyo G/Guduud in the diaspora and Muqdisho investing in Gaalkacyo.

Xarago   

Originally posted by Sky:

Once Baraxley is integrated into the rest of Gaalkacyo and the rest of Gaalkacyo opens up to Baraxley and both parties lose their hostile attitudes towards each other, we will see Reer K/Mudug iyo G/Guduud in the diaspora and Muqdisho investing in Gaalkacyo.

Could somebody please tell me what is there to invest in Galkaio whether it integrates with Baraxley or even Saafiley for this matter. The place is barren, solid rock, its people are violent and know no compromise. Their attitude shaped by the enviroment they are in within which is arid and stone.

Pi   

Originally Posted by Xarago

its people are violent and know no compromise

The people of Gaalkacyo are not anymore violent than the people of Somaliland are Godless. Only some (maybe even many) Gaalkacyo residents are violent. Only some (maybe even many) Somaliland residents are blasphemous. Generelisations are always bad. Aint that true?

I agree with SKY on this, a single adminstration and a united Galkacyu would usher in an era of development. Galkacyu is too far away from Bossaso, Mogadishu, Hargaysa and so on. This would make it the most important city in central Somalia a crisroads to everywhere from the Somali region of Ethiopia to Somaliland, Puntland and the South. Thats why people would invest in Galkacyu it is in the centre of Somalia. Its clans are well known for their entreoreneurship nature..Thats a deadly combination.

Xoogsade   

War Sayid Quttubaaba war keeneey, anigana waxaan is lahaa nin muslinaa meesha iska soo xaadiriyay maalmihii iigu dambeysay SOL imaatinkeeda. Sayid Quttub Nijaasada sida la isaga nadiifiyuuba na baraayay. Hadda Casharkii meel kaluuba nala aaday iyo Darbi Dhisid lagu kala dhex dhiso Reer Hebel iyo Reer Hebel. How really interesting.