Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Statement.

NGONGE   

HornAfrique,

Now that you’re back and have been given a new lifeline, will that mean your contributions will improve? Did you, in your period away from here, take time out to think about how your standards have dropped to the level that others thought you were someone else? Did he?

Pardon my criticism, but I feel that my tiny pricks are most opportune while you’re lost in the euphoria of being vindicated and reinstated on the forum. You display strong signs of intelligence; you’re articulate enough (in many languages it seems) and can easily convey your points and arguments. I would advice you to use this incident as a new chance to reinvent yourself. Rise above the riff raff and work on your contributions.

Again, the ban, the accusations and the entire circus that followed do not really matter. It’s a storm in a Somali teacup. What matters is that you were mistaken for someone else (this is not an attack on that other person by the way)! Saaaxib, something is not right when others think you’re not YOU.

This section is full of non-entities and people with uniform opinions lacking any logic or thought. Could it be that your opinions have fallen to such depressing levels and careless presentations?

Today, the case was about you and Wind-Talker, tomorrow it could be about any of those welcoming you back or those warning you not to cross their paths again!

I could have sent you this as a private message and remonstrated my good intentions in writing such a piece and swore that I only mean it as a brotherly advice (which it is). But, that would be pointless. You’re a big boy and would not mind me using your example for others to learn from, saaxib.

PS

Did you get to speak to Wind-Talker about all of this? Be honest and say who was the more offended?

:D

Warmoog   

HornAfrique, it's nice to have you back.

I have been a lurker in these parts long enough to develop a good understanding of who is who. I think you are one of the most polite and level-headed nomads here, despite the fact that you sometimes stoop to the level of your agitators.

I would suggest that you give NGONGE's advice serious consideration because this little mishap could turn into a sort of 'rebirth' for you. Being covetous with one's time and energy is a real virtue in the Politics corner. If you expend those two things a bit more wisely, you just might find this place a lot less exasperating, and maybe even [gasp] time well spent.

Good luck.