Sign in to follow this  
Castro

Why is Africa so poor?

Castro   

Do you consider yourself a Muslim?

That is a private personal matter. But if you must know, I consider myself a muslim for the most part.

"for the most part";

just wanted to say there is no half way line, you either not or you are, i'll help if you need figuring out, give you you suggestions of what you should be doing to find out;

i think you have bigger things to worry about, bigger things to slove then african's provery; for you will not be held responsibly for that but your responsibly for yourselve;

as for me going away; all you have to say is P*iss off i don't wanna hear it; anyway watch me go like lightening;

Castro   

as for me going away; all you have to say is P*iss off i don't wanna hear it; anyway watch me go like lightening;

You don't have to piss off but please refrain from calling anyone any derogatory names. It serves no purpose. It puts you in a bad light and makes you look childish and immature. It takes away from your argument.

Castro   

Mr. ofleh, I didn't mean to set the tone in such a way.

It's all good. Our attention spans are minimal nowadays. My emotionally charged posts aren't helping either. I'll have to work on that.

Rahima   

That is a private personal matter

We are Muslims brother, this concept of ones religion being a private matter is based on the western ideology of give unto Caesar what is Caesar’s and give unto God what is Gods i.e. separation of the church from politics and peoples lives. We don’t believe in that and religion is not a private matter.

NinBrown   

Salama Calaykum

Questioning god and its power is very dangrous and leads to SHIRK which in turn Leads to HELL...and I can assure you HELL is much worse than being poor in AFRICA or any suffering in this world.

Allah subxana watacala said in his QURAN:

1) 'Be sure we shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere, Baqarah, 155'

2)'Do men imagine that they will be left (at ease) because they say, We believe, and will not be tested with affliction? Cankabuut,2'

So Ofleh, do you doubt these ayats from the Quran. Allah said in the quram also 'Verily Allah will admit those who believe and do righteous deeds, to Gardens beneath which rivers flow; while those who reject Allah will enjoy (this world) and eat as cattle eat; and the Fire will be their abode. Maxamed,12'

So those you refer to in africa, the women and children who pray and beg allah..their reward is with allah and I am sure all of them would prefer to have their reward in the AKHIRA when it really matters and be poor in this world.

Because remember this world is nothing and we are mere travellers in it, Like allah said in his Quran 'Know that the life of the world is only play, and idle talk, and pageantry, and boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children; as the likeness of vegetation after rain, whereof the growth is pleasing to the husbandman, but afterward it drieth up and thou seest it turning yellow, then it becometh straw. And in the Hereafter there is grievous punishment, and (also) forgiveness from Allah and His good pleasure, whereas the life of the world is but matter of illusion, xadiid 20'

Haddad   

Originally posted by Zephyrine:

Someone's faith is indeed a very private matter

We know that could be applicable to non-Muslims, but elaborate how that's applicable to Muslims.

Castro   

quote:

Originally posted by Zephyrine:

Someone's faith is indeed a very private matter

We know that could be applicable to non-Muslims, but elaborate how that's applicable to Muslims.
Brother Haddad, unless you wish or plan to share a grave with me (NOT!), I believe it is a private matter.

But I digress.

Haddad   

Originally posted by ofleh:

I believe it is a private matter.

At least yours is less than Zephyrine's very.

Castro   

So Ofleh, do you doubt these ayats from the Quran. Allah said in the quram also 'Verily Allah will admit those who believe and do righteous deeds, to Gardens beneath which rivers flow; while those who reject Allah will enjoy (this world) and eat as cattle eat; and the Fire will be their abode. Maxamed,12'

At the risk of opening a can of worms, I'll refrain from answering this.

So those you refer to in africa, the women and children who pray and beg allah..their reward is with allah and I am sure all of them would prefer to have their reward in the AKHIRA when it really matters and be poor in this world.

I don't speak for those people and neither do you. I do think however that merely suffering in this world is no free ticket to rewards in "akhira". And what polls or research have you done into the suffering of those poor in the world who would delay their gratification for a day that will come after they've met death?

Because remember this world is nothing and we are mere travellers in it ..... And in the Hereafter there is grievous punishment, and (also) forgiveness from Allah and His good pleasure, whereas the life of the world is but matter of illusion, xadiid 20'

Suffering of the poor in Africa is no illusion.

Rahima   

Someone's faith is indeed a very private matter Rahima.

I understand how this could be applied to the beliefs of the kuffar, but how does it apply as to Muslims?

OG_Girl   

Originally posted by:Zephyrine:

^ Someone's faith is indeed a very private matter.

I agree with you 100%. I wonder why people so worried about other and their faith!.

One way thinkin is what causing the problems.I learned my 4 years in university learning nothing but" Allah said" and Prophet said" is Islam simply asks us to explore and think NOT blindly to follow. People want one way of thinking!I failled to follow. I question every thing. Even Allah wants us to question thus I question Allah.

Ofleh, I like the way you think! NEVER give in to the majority JUST because they are the majority! The truth is the truth, even if you're the only one that knows it.

Salam

Sky   

Someone's religion is a private matter no doubt. But I don't see a problem in trying to ask Ofleh what's up with his anger towards Allah. He's our muslim brother after all and if I'm not mistaken we look out for each other, including each other's Iimaan.