Sign in to follow this  
Castro

Why is Africa so poor?

Castro   

A mortal mix of racism, greed and lack of education? Or are Africans just dumb as f%ck?

I'm tired of hearing about Live 8 and all this other "lets help Africa" crap. I am old enough to remember Live Aid in 1985 and even back then as a novice of world politics and economy, I felt embarassed so much attention was placed on starving African children. It's as if our suffering was either humorous or simply disgusting. I now know that my embarrasment was misdirected. I was embarassed of the victims. I should have been more angry at the causes of such misery than to be embarrased of the victims. I'm over that now.

WTF is the problem here? And why has "god", not Bono or Clinton or some big shot celebrity, not come to the aid of the most religious mofos on earth? Yeah I said it, goddammit! Africa has the most religious people (of any religion) anywhere. Is he enjoying this shit? Or just can't do shit about it? If he's really out there, he's got a lot of f%cking explaining to do!

WTF is the problem here? And why are greedy companies allowed to install even greedier governments to rape Africa in broad day light of natural resources on land and sea? No private oil companies. No more transfer of wealth.

WTF is the problem here? And why is there constant conflict, drought and then more conflict? Who is behind this? Who benefits? We know who's suffering but do we know who is enjoying this? The only continent to have become more impoverished in the last 25 years.

I have a lot of questions but few answers. I don't want to be around in 2025 when another Live Aid, eight or whatever they call it then, is done to help the poor Africans. Africa has been de-colonized over the past 50 years. Or so it seems. The colonizers now are of a different breed. More brutal. More greedy. And more inhumane. I'm not really good at writing. I'm not good at fighting either. So what to do? I'll have to figure something out before the next Live Aid concert in 2025.

Ofleh

Haddad   

Some observations about the topic; terms and the number of times it were used:

WTF 3

shit 2

f%ck 1

f%cking 1

goddammit 1

Castro   

Some observations about the topic; terms and the number of times it were used:

WTF 3

shit 2

f%ck 1

f%cking 1

goddammit 1

You left out:

mofos 1

Our problem is our cultures. We are taught to be selfish from a young age. Our leaders are our biggest enemies and they are products of our cultures mixed with western education(for some of them).

Haddad   

Originally posted by Jason:

Our leaders are our biggest enemies and they are products of our cultures mixed with western education(for some of them).

Wait a minute; are you saying the mixture with western education is the culprit? Interesting.

The biggest enemy of africa is people like you;

You have zero; suggestions, and your so smart that you have the cheek to attack allah subxanallah;

Quote:

"WTF is the problem here? And why has "god", not Bono or Clinton or some big shot celebrity, not come to the aid of the most religious mofos on earth? Yeah I said it, goddammit! Africa has the most religious people (of any religion) anywhere. Is he enjoying this shit? Or just can't do shit about it? If he's really out there, he's got a lot of f%cking explaining to do!" END QUOTE

i stopped reading your S T U P I D thread there; what makes you so different from the west; i have just seen you question the existence of GOD;, you think he has to answer or explain anything to a dump farah, retard individual, who is so ungrateful to the niimca of allah;

i have never though that i would here a somali farah questioning the almighty allah in so many different ways; his ability to control the world, your implication that he is enjoying this; this is the kind of sick conversations that i have with some of atheist that i work with in the west;

as for your made up fact about Africa having the most religious people;

!) who's religion;

2) forget any other african country; somalia which is 99%muslim contains the most bidca practices; people worshiping with lack of knowledge;

3) the consent spilling of bloody and the ungratefulness of individuals; all you have to do is look at somalis; the consent swearing of allah, his deen, his angels, his books; and the general disrespect shown to Allah and his humanity;

does this not constitute to disobedience, and deserve allah's anger; what makes anyone think that we deserve allah's mercy;

4) the way you are now; do you think you deserve anything from allah; on what ground;;

i have not read the rest of your post, as this part alone made my blood boil, your ignorance, arrogance, s*tupidity upon s*tupidity ;

allah does not change the conditions of the people, until they change within themselves;

Castro   

The biggest enemy of africa is people like you; You have zero; suggestions, and your so smart that you have the cheek to attack allah subxanallah;

That is not entirely untrue. But its because of my apathy and indifference and not my comments about god.

i stopped reading your S T U P I D thread there; what makes you so different from the west; i have just seen you question the existence of GOD

It never hurts to question. It's when we stop questioning that we stop living.

you think he has to answer or explain anything to a dump farah, retard individual, who is so ungrateful to the niimca of allah;

Probably not before he answers to the innocent women and children who pray to him everyday yet continue in their misery.

i have never though that i would here a somali farah questioning the almighty allah in so many different ways;

If you live long enough, you might even see a camel give birth.

his ability to control the world, your implication that he is enjoying this; this is the kind of sick conversations that i have with some of atheist that i work with in the west;

Do you call those "western atheists" names as well? Or do you save those terms of endearment for "Farahs" like me?

as for your made up fact about Africa having the most religious people;

!) who's religion;

You name it. Islam, christianity, judaism, and others. My point was Africans are extremely religious; often more than the people who brought them said religions.

2) forget any other african country; somalia which is 99%muslim contains the most bidca practices; people worshiping with lack of knowledge;

Don't tell me, you're not one of those who are worshiping with lack of knowledge.

what makes anyone think that we deserve allah's mercy; the way you are now; do you think you deserve anything from allah; on what ground;;

I ask for nothing and deserve nothing. It's those who ask and not receive that I pity.

i have not read the rest of your post, as this part alone made my blood boil, your ignorance, arrogance, s*tupidity upon s*tupidity

C'est la vie! What usually makes my blood boil is unnecessary suffering, often of the innocent. I guess we reach boiling points at different temperatures for different reasons.

Ofleh

Castro   

this is the kind of sick conversations that i have with some of atheist that i work with in the west;

I am not an atheist.

Do you distinguish your self from a none muslim or a non believer; they clearly have no value, no believe, no morals, and are not even muslims; so no i don't call them names; you on the other hand; i presumed that you were a muslim, by just for the record are you, i have reasons for doubting, as u implied that you consently question gods existence; in order to be a muslims; there must be no doubt about his existence and his attributes;

"It never hurts to question. It's when we stop questioning that we stop living."

secondly;

"Probably not before he answers to the innocent women and children who pray to him everyday yet continue in their misery."

thats is a statement of a person who does not understand the aim of making duca; also; pray to him how; in what way on what basis; you seem to think all religions are the same; "innocent" and i suppose you know what is in there hearts, and on that basis you can judge allah;

don't you know that this whole life is a test, hardship is a blessing and a test for all;

thirdly u state;

"I ask for nothing and deserve nothing. It's those who ask and not receive that I pity."

and i suppose it is by magic, u were born, sustained in good healthy; give sight, hearing, speech and a sound mind, as well as functioning limps; all so that you are ungrateful; should you not thank he who has not made you like a grown child (i.e. disable, in care, mentally ill)

he has given you a good life, you could have been in darfur or starving in Sudan, instead of sitting on a comfort chair, runing up ur mouth about god's business on SOL, saying you have never asked god for nothing;

what of the things he has given you, without u asking; or do you believe he has given you nothing?

Fourthly;

What usually makes my blood boil is unnecessary suffering, often of the innocent. I guess we reach boiling points at different temperatures for different reasons.

and i guess it is you, who determines whether it is necessary or not, as well as there innocent; and what sources do you use to obtain that knowledge; newspapers, TVs. can you truly say what kind of people they are, do you think you have more knowledge then god, about the people he has created;

I am not an atheist

what are you?

Castro   

You excel in making little cryptic comments, don't you dear?

Zhephyrine, what is cryptic about refusing to take anything in wholesale, pray tell?

In the eyes of many, I am the quintessential ingrate. One who "bites the hand that made him!" Would that have been a less cryptic comment?

I know I'm walking a fine line that leads to being banned from this forum. Pushing people's buttons about long held beliefs is not how to get a message across. But don't you think god is used a lot on this site to drive points home? If all else fails, throw in an "alhamdulilah" followed by a couple of "subxanallahs" and voila, you've wiped out the competition.

Besides, I was hoping Jazmine (who's concluded I'm a "fish brain") to go away by that cryptic message!

Ofleh

Viking   

And why has "god", not Bono or Clinton or some big shot celebrity, not come to the aid of the most religious mofos on earth? Yeah I said it, goddammit! Africa has the most religious people (of any religion) anywhere. Is he enjoying this shit? Or just can't do shit about it? If he's really out there, he's got a lot of f%cking explaining to do!

ofleh,

The first pillar of Islam is the Shahada and you seem to be questionning it. Do you consider yourself a Muslim?