Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

MOVE THE CAPITAL FROM MOGADISHU?

Originally posted by Johhny B jr:

The USC army is the one behind the fall of the old regime.( or was it SSDF or SNM )

they liberated the ppl from tyrany

[/QB]

Liberated people,loool I wonder if the thousands that died in Xamar over years felt liberated, or if the three hundred thousand Somalis that perished in the starvation also felt liberated. Even better, we could ask the good people of Marka, Brava, and on the southern farmlands if USC liberated them. I think it would be safe to assume the answer would be a resounding NO. So Saaxib, get your head out of azz. USC is da tranny. They did overthrow Barre regime, but that was all they were capable of.

hukri   

HERE IS THE SOLUTION OF ALL ,

1-BE PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE ,****** ****** AND SO ON

2-BRING YOUR RESUME OR CV WHATEVER YOU CALL IT .

AND TELL US WHERE BORN DOB AND 3 PEOPLE THAT KNOWS YOU ? (ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION)SO THAT WE KNOW WHERE YOU BELONG AND WHO YOU ARE.

3-SUPPORT THE NEW GOVERNMENT SO THAT YOU HAVE SYSTEM IN PLACE (RULES AND LAW)

4-WORK ON ECONOMIC & EMPLOYMENT &EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT .

5-BUILD INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS

6-START TALKING ABOUT THE GOOD PEOPLE THAT YOU KNOW LIKE YOUR FRIEND FROM ANOTHER REGION OF SOMALIA .

7-BE A MENTOR OR A LEADER IN YOUR COMMUNITY OR GET ONE IF YOU NEED ONE .

8-STOP TALKING ABOUT THE NEGETIVE THINGS THAT HAPPEN BEFORE ,AND START TALKING THE GOOD THINGS THAT YOU CAN DO NOW.LIKE TEACHING THE KIDS AND SO ON .

PS SOMALIA IS SOMALIA AND IF YOU SAY YOUR SOMALI THEN SHOW AS WHAT YOU ABOUT AND BE A GOOD SOMALI WADANI AH .

MAHADSANID DHAMAANTIINA.

Xoogsade   

Farah, you can ask for your home to be given back but you need to stop at that. I am after bigger issues people busy themselves with such as Magaalaa dadaan degganeyn yimid. That is difficult to address if people in town aren't living in someone else's home. Many Somalis are today building towns they haven't seen before simply because their distant cousins made to it first. If Xiinfaniin can build a home in kismayo, why not Aidid's ilk in Xamar. That is my point. I think accusing everyone from that tribe shows how much someone dislikes them. That is all runtii. Somalis have the problem of seeing others while they are blind to themselves and their short-comings.

Xiinfaniin.

Like I said before, let me worry about Xaaraan I robbed and want to keep :D

Xoogsade, no offence intended brother!

It’s just beyond me how you’re wrestling with some thing as basic as the issue of looted properties and cities. Wallaahi, I feel sorry (for you) any time you try to depict me as clan hater simply because I am putting my finger in a hot issue like this. If you find any word or sentence I wrote that paints any tribe in hateful way I will promptly delete and owe apology to this lovely forum. Take the challenge saaxiib and tell me where you got it.

I talk about looters in the south and some people may feel injured by it, I speak and articulate about issues of stolen properties in Xamar and some people just couldn’t stand it, I point the strategies of southern warlords and their intents and some people feel picked on. The south is where I come from saaxiib. It’s where I belong and I have every right to speak about it. Maahmaaho iyo sheekooyin baan soo qoray aan ula jeedo nimanka (yes southern warlords) warlords ka ah ee ina heysta fifteen years garanna la’a in haddeysan sida wax loo xukumo aqoon, oo xaraan iyo Xalaal kala ganeynin iska tagaaan. Some people may interpret it as a thin vial to attack particular clans. That I can’t help! And as I said, only Allah has the competence to make imperfect instruments work.

You can call me Galti ( I liked the word) if you will, but don’t you imply I am here to attack clans or hate tribes saaxiib. Or is it just being this forum thing?

Originally posted by Rahima:

..you are saying that one half of this alliance is acceptable so long as they drop the other half, and the reason for this is that one hails from Clan X whilst the other is an “outsiderâ€. I mean what makes the actions of one right and not the other when basically they are doing the exact same thing?

I said a USC military presence is unacceptable - which excludes the shacab because all Somalis should always feel free to live in any part of Somalia. In the early 90s, the SNF (and others) was in Kismaayo defending the city against the murderous attempt by the USC to annahilate members of an entire Somali clan-family (as evidenced by the brutal executions of intellectuals, doctors, civil servants, government personnel, civilians, etc. during the USC's early 90s invasions). Did the SNF carry out such atrocities? I think not!

The bottomline is that the USC Muqdisho baa looga soo qaxay hadana Kismaayo bay rabaan inay xoog ku haystaan. Why were Reer Gedo/Puntland kicked out of Muqdisho? Because they supposedly were "foreigners." In that same context, USC militias are foreigners (and therefore an invading force) in Kismaayo and surrounding regions. Have you seen a Puntland or Gedo military presence in Muqdisho, Jowhar, Hobyo, Xaradheer, Beledweyne, Marka, etc.? No, because they don't invade others' lands and consider it as xalaal. What of the thousands of people who fled during the SNF/USC invasion (they had credible fear of the USC, because of the past)? What of their properties, their rights as Somalis to live where they built their houses but can't for fear of intimidation or outright murder? Please, don't justify USC military presence in the Jubba Valley - its tainted with the blood of the innocents the USC massacred over the years. It was wrong in the '90s when they carried out their executions, and its wrong now when they overtly occupy the city. In the end, however, justice will always prevail.

Originally posted by Johhny B jr:

I Do understand your personal saddness , about what the USC army did to you and your family...The USC army is the one behind the fall of the old regime.( or was it SSDF or SNM )

they liberated the ppl from tyrany

Me and my family may sheekada maraysaa? What is the purpose of taking this open discussion to the personal level, sxb? You don't know me, you've never seen me and you probably won't ever see me. So, why make such grand assumptions about my personal life? It serves no purpose to promote your redundant argument.

Anywho, its unquestionable who brought down the former regime: the USC. But, my question is, what else has the USC done?

- Declared war on North Muqdisho sub-clan, thereby killing more people than of the original target: Puntland/Gedo folks

- Declared war on Beledweyne sub-clan, loosing an important ally

- Declared war on Cadaado folks (that's still unresolved)

What is USC policy? What vision has the USC ever presented to the world about the future prospects of a Somali nation-state? Sure, the USC liberated the people from tyranny, but what do you call the many roadblocks the USC set up that prevent Muqdisho citizens from leading a normal life today? The past is long gone - the fact remains Muqdisho (under USC control) has retreated and retreated to become one of the most uninhabitable cities on the face of the earth. The UN-HABITAT housing project for Internally Displaced People (IDPs) didn't pick Muqdisho as a city to live in, they rightfully picked Garoowe and Hargaysa - believe it or not, Capitals that are actually worthy of the name. Today's Muqdisho, my friend, is not worthy. I know this, you know this, and the whole world knows this - but, because of USC clan pride, its blasphemous to admit such things for you icon_razz.gif

P.S. You can come online and brag about how the USC drove out the "expellees" and the "defeatists" and how mighty Muqdisho is once again in their hands. But at the end of the day, if you can't enjoy the fruits of your labor, why did you fight for it in the first place then? At least, in Hargeisa, they're enjoying the fruits of their labor: a mayor, a city council, peaceful, unarmed streets, economic prosperity. Let me ask you a trick question (an oxymoron, really): who rules Muqdisho? LOL How many names jus' rolled through your head?

Wind.Talker wrapped the whole thing with a stinking diaper

Real mature, buddy redface.gif

Jamster   

Xoogsade,

What is city? A collection of houses and other cardinal infrastructures that it needs to function as a whole entity. When people speak about the towns over run by looters; such people are referring to the totality of the bandit’s actions.

I have no qualms ina Qaybdiid or his ill building houses in Mogadishu; what I do have a problem with and I have the right to speak against; is when houses that poor people built from their sweat are taken from them not because they are criminals, but by the mere design of Allah that they belong to clan X.

And this issues is not only confined to Mogadishu, it stretches all the way to Kismayo.

We should all stand against injustice through out Somalia; if that injures the false gained pride of my kin be that as it my. We should feel duty bound for working towards the common good.

Gabbal   

What of the thousands of people who fled during the SNF/USC invasion (they had credible fear of the USC, because of the past)?

Sxb ilaahay baa na leh ee the battle of Kismaayo in the 90's was principally between Gen Morgan and Gen Ahmed Warsame (not Barre Hiiraale). USC bogeyman ha ka dhigin. Gen Morgan abused his powers and turned against the people who spilt their blood for the independence of the city, which led the cunning Gen Ahmed Warsame to plan his demise.

Barre Hiiraale might be the face of Kismaayo, but Gen Ahmed Warsame is hidden power behind Kismaayo and Jubba politics.

Again USC haku gaban, rag baynu nahay ee aan u dhaqano sida nalaga rabo. ;)

i do believe i suggested a long time ago for c/y to move to jowhar!! but that window has closed with Illegal Protection error message!! lol..

next, cy will be moving to Addis!! cheers! i will send him personally some flowers!!

plz dont be surprised if you find him there!! u got the 411 now!! :(

Johnny B   

Originally posted by rudy:

i do believe i suggested a long time ago for c/y to move to jowhar!!
but that window has closed with Illegal Protection error message!! lol..

next, cy will be moving to Addis!! cheers! i will send him personally some flowers!!

:(

Truuudy ... luv the error messaging system ,

i guess he wishes he´d listen to you :D

Me and my family may sheekada maraysaa? What is the purpose of taking this open discussion to the personal level, sxb? You don't know me, you've never seen me and you probably won't ever see me. So, why make such grand assumptions about my personal life? It serves no purpose to promote your redundant argument.

Dear Wind.Talker...

I was ONLY qouting you from another thread , i.e your engraved contempt towards the USC is highly motivated.

All respect to you ,your family and your views bro

but i was ONLY challenging your caste brup.

as to what else the USC has done ?,

well that is wholly a diffrent ball game.

My last drop on this thread is ..

1st it was Xiin n his Mogadishu´s status and the "Savage aliens"

then it was Bashi n his "looters, our farmlands,the dark wisdom ".

and now it is your "What has USC done".

I (the least brightest of USC children) hereby DEMAND more than everage Puntlander stereotypes.

I can´t keep talking of these 3 subjects in EVERY

Thread on SOL´s political section,

You know craziness is doing the SAME thing over n over again while expecting diffrent result every time

• 2/3 of Puntlanders used to OWN a mansion in Mogadishu.
  • The farmlands in the south n everything that is worth owning are grabbed from the Puntlanders.
  • Puntlanders know how to govern better than the rest of Somalis.
you don´t beleive me ? check for yourself

those 3 points are thier common denominator

Jamster   

^ So they are basically claiming to be a natural aristocracy unseated by peasants-- like the french revolution huh? If this equation is to be accepted; then our beautiful country shall be in this mess for some decades to come; that is untill the populus create a group with streak of the former Aristos (the Duty bound; nobelese oblige nature the old folk had) with progressive visions. Unless and until such is found be prepared with this chaos for some decades to come.

Or pehaps there is not Comparison with the puntlanders and the french old families. Actually, i am sort of certain that there is none.

Jamster   

Xiin Finiin; Malaha Awoowgaa haduu akhrin lahaa kobtaan wuxuu xusuusan lahaa; gabaygii ahaa:

Geesigii tilmaanaa marbaa fulay u tookhaaye. Nin tabiino kuu guri jiraa kuu talaal noqone. Niman adiga kugu toosin baa kuu takhaashumiye.

john b where did u get that info from! did u hack your grandmothers secret files!! :mad:

homie its not good to throw blanket blames!! how about lil maturity!! sharfta ha inga feegin!!

:eek:

Jumatatu   

I think this story of looted properties has gone back and forth in this thread numerous times and claimed by anyone who is anyone in SOL. Some others have gone lil further narrowed down the whole dilema to single tribe if we are to accept the analyses of WT. But then again WT is of understanding paranoid on one single clan in the whole of Somalia and in view to the animosity he has ,he has displayed, given the chance he would have condenmed them to the chambers of gas. My awoowe Bashi is attempting to look serious and approaching the whole issue analytically but falls short of being unbiased.

Where do we start from I asked but no one was forth coming and all were claiming of being the victims of atrocities since the civil war in 1991. that is what it was a civil-war nothing less and nothing more. And I think you would agree the by-products of civil-wars are not amicable but devastating , specially in the case of Somalia where it is one ethnic group divided in tribes and clans.

If you guys are serious enough you should pause and consider what aspects brought about this misery rather than coming up with shoping list of farms, houses ,etc. that was lost in the civil war..as the Somalis say... "gari laba nin kama wada qosliso" . There was houses that were looted pre-1991, farms confistigated, lands grabbed, nepotism in all sectors of public service, indiscrimante killing of civilians, human right abuses, inspeakable humilations to civilians due to the tribal background, etc..these and others factors contributed to the catalyst of the civil-war of which you all claim to have been victims. Let me ask you this were there or are there in victors borne from it?

Not mentioning the fact when the uprising was at its peak and had only one target which was the previous regime and those that were at helm, some who claim to be innocent victims in this thread rose to defend and protect the regime which was the common enemy simply on the basis of tribal ties thus creating new grounds and format for the civil uprising which was in simple words tribal war .

Now if you are going to keep on wailing about what you lost bear in mind there are those who did before you , but if you are prepared to talk about it and approach the problem as my Awoowe bashi says I will look forward to mutual discussion. But if like Bashi you are 'madomo tupo' then let the fracas continue.

Originally posted by Farah:

Xiin Finiin; Malaha
Awoowgaa
haduu akhrin lahaa kobtaan wuxuu xusuusan lahaa; gabaygii ahaa:

Geesigii tilmaanaa marbaa fulay u tookhaaye.

Nin tabiino kuu guri jiraa kuu talaal noqone. Niman adiga kugu toosin baa kuu takhaashumiye.

A lasting wisdom indeed! He's not my Awoowe Farax (by blood), but he's my hero in many ways.

But in these testing times I’ve settled to adopt Ugas Nur's tactics; His shrewd and wise methods to win the game of Shax! A brief journey in the depth of his thinking levels to disarm those who double-cross him.

Allahayoow nin ii daran maxaan daafta hore seexshay.

Nin i daaqsanayaana maxaan daafidow kariyey.

Jidhku nimaanun doonayn maxaan hadalka deeeqsiiye.

Ma degdego ee xaajada maxaan rag u dulqaad yeeshay. :cool:

Kanaan degay, Kanaan door ka bidey,

kani danbaan moodey. Ku kalaanse kula doonayaa,Kanise ii duuban. :D

Jamster   

^He is my hero too; that man was godsent; without him; you would have found here names like; Antonio Mario Xaayoow and John Smith Qowdhan. May God Bless his soul.

Juma:

I will leave you with this stanza of a famous poem; Qaman waxed these lyrics against his relative; a formidable poet of highly esteemed seat in the Somali literature:

Inantii ganbada taabatey ee gacanta loo maydhay

Ee gelisey meeshii xumayd gabaygu sow maaha.

If you have difficulty comprehending this; then my fellow Xiinfiniin would be in a possition to give explication of the above stanza.