Sign in to follow this  
Bachelor

Fahrenheit 911

Mara popcorn, mara taarabu, alfuu nani ata leta chai ya tangawizi? au nilete crisps za muhogo(afrikan style) tuu?

He he he, mie nitaleta katlesi, sambusa,na nangatai. Bon apetite.

Raula, Im looking forward to watch the movie,Fahrenheit911, hope it doesnt rise my temperature :D

raula   

My perception of the movie, to put it into precise ‘political’ words, is shock and awe (mind you, precisely used by the current govt.). Yes, if you don’t know much about American ‘Hidden Agendas’ and the BUSH family and the so-called Saudi royalty affiliates (or family). -You sure will be left gawping. Michael Moore attempts to depict an objective glimpse from a political outcast’s view, as well as exposing the besmirched familial relations between the current American presidency, the royal Saudi’s and other power-voracious multi-corporations/individuals. There are lots of insightful information that are not visible or made free-access to the world.

Subxanallah! I am not shocked however that such appalling and wicked ‘schemas’ were going on. Nonetheless, my heart goes out to the poor souls (Iraqis, especially-and others) that perished for no basis. We do really live in a corrupted world-Ya Allah! Shield us from all this malevolence (Aamin).

So my dear SOLers, this is the IT summer movie for ya! Check it out!

To wasijui's (*forgets about Darman for a minute)....siku moja tuta haree na TAMUTAMU & TAARAB (lol, sijui siku hizi nini mbaya nami na TAARAB-like friendi yangu mmoja alinielezea kuwa labda nataka nimoe mzanzibari ;):D could this be shujui looooooool :D )-lakini mwenyewe hata kiswa..imemshinda..looooooool

Darman-ya ximaar :Dicon_razz.gif (JK)how come u dont come around no more-Caraab waxid ;)

Warmoog   

I probably won't pay to see this movie because I doubt it will tell me anything I don't already know. Regardless, I'm glad it's becoming an eye-opener for people in the States. Corporate media has been giving them warped versions of reality for so long. Michael Moore seems genuinely interested in presenting Americans with the truth, against the wishes of many who'd rather keep the masses asleep, and I think his courage is admirable.

Jaabir   

Did ya all catch the part at the end of the movie where Bush said "I guess ya all have a saying here in Tennessee that goes like Fool me once.. err err.. err.. and you will never be able to fool me again.."""

everybody was cracking up all the way to the parking lot walaahi lol :D:D:D

Blessed   

*slaps Darman* Do you mind not spoling the story line for us.

Some of us won't get to see this movie for another year :rolleyes:

*interesting....

asalaamu alaykum,

Well I finally had the chance to see the film over the wkend. Like his previous work, humor was big element in this film. Unfortunetly though, nothing in the film was new. The Bush-Saudi ties - this was covered in the Canadian media extensively, CBC's Fifth Estate did a whole documentry on it. The Taliban and Unacal deal - this was being covered in the international media way back in 2000. Infact, late 2000 early 2001 I remember reading I think in the Asia Times a report of the Taliban warning against an American invasion in Afghanistan bc for some reason the Taliban backed out of the pipeline deal with the Americans and was looking into deals with other companies.

Anyway, unless ur only source of news is CNN and Fox News, the movie won't do much for you but it is entertaining.

Gabbal   

One of the best movies I have watched all year. I don't know if it's with the tide of the moment, but it was very amusing. He has made me laugh more then feel afraid about the hidden agendas of the Bush administration. :D

its a lil overrated for my tastes. i liked it, but thats just cause i enjoy president bushes comedic style, but as far as "opening my eyes" or looking at the american government in a new light... nope. heck, the cbc has aired a documentary exposing the ties between the bush and ben laden family and has aired it at least twice this year, and THAT was a real movie. as much as i like micheal moore (been a fan since the awful truth aired) i think his ambush style of movie making to be a lil tiresome. show a little professionalism why dont you? and the exaggerations!!! sheeeesh.

Well i don't know i had high expectations for this movie n i honestly can't say am totally disappointed it was informative at some level. what i didn't know is how the blacks protested in the parliment house and no SENITOR came to their AID walaahi i hav ta say seeing them turned down one after another was hideous. i found the movie to be half documentry n half drama n all the viewers who saw this movie will tell you that MICHAEL MORE'S intention was not to blame Bush but ta blame SAUDIES for ruining AMERICA...

the part that really made me sad is (when the soldier says i make bout 35 thousand a year n the guys from texas who are working here in the oil fields are making 80 thousand a year)

asxantu

STOIC   

could it be a bush hating diatribe? or is it a slanted and distorted political lies? can't guess it.

Michael Moore is an honest guys, or at least he seems honest. He represents a diff picture of America and is doing his bit to get rid off Dubya.

i've read his book ****** White Men and currently reading his second 'Dude, where's my country'.

I dont entirely support all of his views, but he tells as it is. He seems to see things in black and white, and that is why many like him.

I hope that he gets more money to expose the US Admin whenever they're up to no good. I am also hearing that his documentary (F/9/11) is the first to be released in China. Good money, eh?

Good luck to Moore.

Simple man, yet so effective that they prevent his doc to a nationwide exposure! An example to all people, ONE MAN CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!