Sign in to follow this  
Xoogsade

Should I Vote? And does it matter?

Xoogsade   

If you know the Answer from Islamic perspective, The legality of voting or the illegality, I will be much obliged to you. I thought using my citizenship as spoiler. I want Bush out of office and don't favour Kerry either. And though this is the Islamic section and not the political One, I seek the advice of those who know something about islam and want their perspective on voting in Nov Second smile.gif

Sorry I can't help u but I just had to say that I was going to post this topic under General myself. So there. It's been said. :D

I too wanted to know if the Aussies just voted, if the Americans will vote this year and the Brits next year.

Xoogsade   

You can still post in the general section where people will have the leverage to say more. In here, the islamic section I mean, They may shy away from saying too much and will let those whom they suspect to have more knowledge of islam comment exclusively.

The Aussies voted I think and I have no idea about the Brittish. I live in america and the vote already started(for Americans overseas) as well as in some states like florida. There are only ten days left for the main voting day, which is November second, and a many people think Republicans will steal it again for Bush.

Ooops, didn't make myself clear. I know the Aussies voted and the Americans are in the process of voting and that the Brits will vote next year. I was referring to Aussie Somalis, American Somalis and British Somalis. Do they vote?

I blame it on the low sugar level. smile.gif

Xoogsade   

The Politicians visit Somali residential areas in droves seeking their Votes twice within every four years. Once for the State race and the other for the Presidential. So yes, Many Somalis, mostly the elderly are going to vote. They are all pro-kerry and are driven by Bush-dislike. The ecomony is bad and the social services for the elderly were reduced and are still threatened to be farther cut. Both local and state government are in a dire need of financies and funds that aren't forthcoming from Bush-Cheney White House. So the needy knows what it means to have Bush in office for another four years aside from their bloody stampede throughout the world.

My grand-mother was cajoling me to vote the other night which was hilarious lol. I told her my vote is personal and I would feel guilty of putting someone in office who is going to make unfavourable decisions against Some Muslims and Nonmuslims somewhere both in America and throughout the world. Nonetheless, I despise Bush for being Dummy. He is too American. I will surely celebrate his defeat so I don't have to switch the TV and change channels to avoid his blubber every time he comes on.

Anyhow, hope that satisfies your curiousity about Somali Americans as you termed it and their political mindset(in our area) as of late :D

What are you? An Aussie? Brittish? or An American? I think one of the first two but not the last considering your language though I could be wrong.

PS: Eat your last meal as late as possible to avoid lower Sugar Levels. No more little excuses Sheherazade LOL. Take Care.

LuCkY   

As-salaamu Alaikum,

I registered on the 18th of Oct to vote and wouLd aLso Like to know what the IsLamic Stance on this issue is.

PEace :D !

STOIC   

Bush must go...Why? Muslims have suffered so much for the last four years as never before.There is no American president who has humilated and oppressed the muslims like the cow boy.Do i think scarry Kerry may change the American policie towards the muslim world? no, i don't think the policies will change but atleast we are not going to have an alarming death rate of Muslims in the street of Baghdad and Kabul.I am not a lerned person in the religion of Islam but atleast my reasoning is warning me against the bushwacked family (Chenney,Rumsfeld, and Ashcroft).I know i sounded like a bedwetting liberal but iam not a liberal nor a conservative.You have the free will to choose whom ever you want but please make a wise choice for Islam.

British, mate. Or so my passport says.

While Blair's party has seen its support among Muslim voters fall from 75% in the 2001 election to 38% today, Liberal Democrats now are backed by some 36% of Muslims, according to The Guardian newspaper.

more here: http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/F6E65D25-EAE2-49FF-B0D3-C62FAC4CBD22.htm

I dislike politics and do not spare it the energy to form an opinion much less a vote. I have no faith in any party.

Saalixa   

Johny bush eyebrows Howard came back, Tony tha ding probably will too and George bush da crusader is likely to come back. So the three muskateers are back in tha game of corruption and WAR.

Senora   

One should speak out and forbid the evils of all the candidates and remain firm and steadfast, rather than give into the easier option of choosing the “lesser of the various evilsâ€. Da concept of choosing the “lesser of two evils†can only be allowed in situations where the person is compelled to choose at least one candidate. However, in countries e.g. UK, this force does not exist, therefore in such free circumstances, it is forbidden to vote for candidate in kufr elections.

I didn't even think that it would have been "haraam" to vote, but I guess I was wrong. You have to question a lot of things these days. This would have been the first time i voted. But I appreciate knowing before hand. I'm definitely going to have do some more research, I just read briefly what I wanted to know ( is it haraam or not?) Anyways, thanks for bringing up the question. I'll just hope that Kerry wins.

P.S. I would greatly appreciate it if others knowledgable about this would give me a better understanding.

The only reason iam voting is coz bush looks like evil person but again kerry i think wt ever he say's about tax and stuff that just a joke but hey i will be voting inshalah for kerry.

Wiilo   

Hay Mombasa_QUEEN, well, they both looks evil :mad: to me, which then makes me to be more undicided- Voter.............Lol :D I cann't vote for the evil and leave the devil, and i cann't vote for the devil and leave the evil.........Lol :D

Go figure