Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Handshaking at Interviews

Nephissa   

Its OK, if your intention(niyyah) is sincere, and have no absolute desire for the hand you'r shaking (opposite sex.)

I don't have a Hadith or Ayah to support what I said, but i know there's one that says: Allah is watching our Qalbi, not our Face.

Its OK, if your intention(niyyah) is sincere, and have no absolute desire for the hand you'r shaking (opposite sex.)

I don't have a Hadith or Ayah to support what I said, but i know there's one that says: Allah is watching our Qalbi, not our Face.

As-salamu alaykum

Sister, thats the irony here, if your niyah was sincere you would indefinitely leave off what angers Allah. Sincerity is only for the sake of Allah not a job. In Addition one can not say its OK if you do not have proof! what is haram and what is halal is clear is just a matter of saying; "We hear and we obey" You can not make something Halal or haram based on opinion!

The one with the Purest intention and most chaste of all never touched a non-mahram women.

Note: From the several ahaadeeth clearly prohibiting shaking hands between men and women not related to each other (i.e. not mahaarim) are: The Prophet (saws) said: “ That a man get struck with an iron needle in his head is better for him than that he touches a woman that is not permissible for him (to touch ).†[Reported by At-Tabaraanee, Al-Bayhaqee and others and Imaam Al-Albaanee authenticated it in Silsilat As-Saheehah (1/447-448)] And the Prophet (saws) said: “Indeed, I do not touch the hands of women.†[At-Tabaraanee in Al-Mu’jam-ul-Kabeer (24/342) and authenticated in Saheeh Al-Jaami’ (no. 8054)] And ‘Aa’ishah (raa) said about the Prophet: “ I swear by Allaah! The hand of a woman never touched the hand of Allaah’s Messenger – rather he would take the oath of allegiance from the women verbally .†[saheeh Muslim (3/1489)]

Tuujiye   

DA...........lol..

Yes men should not "tuujis" a women in anyways..lol..on the hands or any parts..looooool..

Wareer Badanaa!!!

F.F, Salafi is giving the advice everybody should be giving you. Just stay away from it.

I've heard things like, 'oh, if it's for business then it's ok'. or ' if you dont wanna embarrass the other person, then it's fine'.

But then again, Allahu a'lam.

And why should I burn in hell for shaking someones hand just because society tells me it's rude if I dont? Listen, I dont think it's worth it. Sure things may get a little awkward, but just tell them. And if they dont get it, then their stup!d, and your the smart one, and hopefully you get some satisfaction over that. ;)

juba   

don't you guys think it's a little farfetched to say you will burn in hell just for shaking a guy's hand? When it comes down to it there are other things that are more serious.

don't you guys think it's a little farfetched to say you will burn in hell just for shaking a guy's hand? When it comes down to it there are other things that are more serious.

Juba, Please consider your words and weight them against the teachings of the Quran and Sunnah!

Qac Qaac   

Islamic matters should be debated among scholars in Islam.. not US.. pls danbi yuu naga raacin waxaan so let's stop here..

Nomads here are in different levels of the religion understandings... so we might give some ppl the wrong answers.. Guys let's learn how to say I don't know sometimes.. definately u should not bring what i think, crap..

Blessed   

^^I hear that!

For the sake of good Islamic understanding, I think that it's better to direct complex questions of fiqh to the scholars. We have easy access to to them in this digital age. The time we spend 'dicussing' these matters can be used to actually ask a learned scholar (2 or 3 even).

Wassalaam..

Taqwa   

I agree certain things should be left for Scholars but in this case, it is common sense to know the ruling. So listen to brother Salafi since he has provided you guys authentic hadiths. Arguing is far worse then making a mistake unintentionally on a ruling.

P.S. The point is not handshaking in interviews only but handshaking at all with Non-Mahrams.

Bismilah

Sometimes men extend their hands to shake hands. I just politely tell them that I don't shake hands with men who aren't my close relatives. It's against my religion.

Most of them apologise and say they didn't know. I say no problem, you will know next time. And that's the end of it. It's not a big deal with non Muslims. The problem is with Muslims who do shake hands and can't accept that it's wrong. They are the ones who get huffy.

It's surprising that at times muslims are more in need of dawah then nonmuslims.

Call me crazy, but i dont think ill go to hell for shaking hands with someone. Cuz if i did what kind of punishment would i get for rape, murder, exploitation, etc.?

Lets be realistic.

MuslimYouth, I swear you are so right about some of those muslims, cos you tell them you can't shake their hand and they take it all personal and after a few days -sometimes hours you hear that they are whispering about you calling you an 'extremist' or whatever. Man those people piss me off! :mad: