Sign in to follow this  
The Zack

Google Changes the symbology of the boundary lines b/n Somalia and Ethiopia

The Zack   

In some areas we have improved our qualitative accuracy by changing the symbology of the boundary lines to reflect the updated status of a treaty or agreement based on political changes, new agreements or negotiations. This portion of the border between Ethiopia and Somalia changed from solid (yellow in Google Earth) - meaning "international" - to dashed (red in Google Earth) - meaning "disputed" - to reflect the ground-based reality that the two countries maintain an ongoing dispute in the Ogden region.

Before:

border3

After:

+border4

Guji kobton

^

But unfortunately for us all, Google "doing the right thing" will not liberate our lands for us. Oh snap! Hello...hello.. Is this mic on? Am I still being ignored? C'mon Zacky boy, I said "OUR lands" for a change. So won't you least give me credit for that and take me off that Ignore purgatory you have forsaken me to? :D:D

The Waqooyi side of the border is dispute to us Soomaalis, but not to people like Google because the colonial British did sign that dubious fake agreement with Xabashis in '50s. Talyaanis didn't.

It doesn't matter. One can start from the south and go all the way to Xarar.

Well done, Google.

The Zack   

^ That is right- We already have all the way to Djibouti , if we get the Western part the line in the middle won't mean any thing.

There is nothing to celebrate here .....

The boundary lines are changed in accordance with the latest expected intervention from the neighboring countries ...... that means as long as the border is disputed then Ethiopian can come anytime.

It still shows Somaliland side is different ,,, always.

The Zack   

^Wrong! This means big, the reason is the Western Somalia is no longer considered to be part of Ethiopia at least by Google. Thanks to the ONLF.

Like Xabashis don't go to Buuhoodle as they please, aha?

Nothing is special about the Waqooyi Galbeed side of xudeed beenaadka. Xabashis cross as they please, same like they do in all other gobols of Soomaaliya.

Since you are so fond of long-gone colonial British boundaries, why don't you claim Hawdka as well? Hawdka was part of British-ruled Waqooyi until in mid '50s. Why not claim it? Mise Xabashi saas loogu cabsadaa. Ah, I see. Such a shame.

Let's finish with this first then the Hawdka will be next. Siyaasad baa la ciyaaraa not ala Shabab style where you threat everybody in the planet. :D

You guys are celebrating so soon ..... believe me this is a beginning of another Ethiopian intervention ,,, this time they want to dismiss the international border ......

come on ,,, don't be so Istubidh now ,,, :D

The Zack   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

The Zack....Does mean Somaligalbeed belongs to Somalia? I thought ONLF was fighting for indepedent Ocadenia?

Don't be fool, once the ONLF frees the region there will be a refreshment held and the people of Western Somalia will vote to be part of the greater Somalia.