Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

The Plan

Baashi   

This is for Kashafa, Xiin, and ThePoint.

Didn't get time to expand my thoughts on this. Allah willing I will do so when I get time...work is killing me nowadays.

Why don't you enumarate the key demands you think will allow UIC and clan insurgents to take part in inclusive and independant reconciliation gathering. Likewise those who support TFG please forward conditions under which TFG will share power with those who oppose them and deny its legitimacy to manage political transition of this war-ravaged and poor country.

That will help refine the plan I have in mind.

Many thanks yaa Baashi!

At this juncture of our crisis, Ethiopia must withdraw from our soil. To avoid utter collapse of the tfg or further plunging deep into the civil war, I would suggest the following.

1- Ceasefire

2- Ethiopia withdraws

3- Tfg relocates (for its own security---there is just too much blood shed in Mogadishu)

4- Reconciliation conference commences

Things I would have the reconciliation gathering address are:

1- The role of Islamic Court’s leaders

2- Civil war grievances i.e. properties...

….Halkaasaan la mari lahaa.

Fabregas   

Xiin, the Ethiopains are not withdrawing and they are not going anytime soon. Sources say Uncle Sam has given them considerable time to stay. Moreover, it is also in their interests to stay inside Somalia, as long as there are people that oppose them and the T.F.G!

What's making the withdrawal of Ethiopian forces more complex is that such a withdrawal, as things stand today, would mean a loss for Ethiopia in the war which they would translate as the commencement of the ICU-planned capture of Addis Abeba. Many wise points from Baashi on the case but unfortunately the odds are against the most crucial points.

DigibAc   

First of all it's not just "UIC and clan insurgents" that are against this TFG.

There are people who are not members of the UIC and who are not "clan insurgents" who oppose this TFG.

War "Why don't you enumarate the key demands you think will allow UIC and clan insurgents to take part in inclusive and independant reconciliation gathering. Likewise those who support TFG please forward conditions under which TFG will share power with those who oppose them and deny its legitimacy to manage political transition of this war-ravaged and poor country" kulahaa

If this message is for Kashafa, Xiin, and ThePoint, them maybe you should PM it to them; but since you posted it here for us to read, we'll just reply as well.

What the heck is an “inclusive and independant reconciliation gathering”? How can you have an independent gathering when the country is under the occupation of Ethiopia?

Power sharing??? What power does this TFG have to share? The only power it has is the support of the Ethiopian forces, and this support is illegal, illegitimate, genocidal, and treacherous! The TFG has nothing to share with the Somali people!

The TFG is composed of those who hold no share and no stake in Somali society. They don’t care for its peace, they don’t care for its prosperity, and they don’t care for its guidance; they don’t care for it! They would see the Somali nations destroyed and it would not matter to them. They have nothing to lose with regards to the Somali nations; so how can they be custodians over it?

Baashi, why don’t you get back to you job since it’s you have no attachment to the affairs of the Somali peoples.

Emperor   

Baashi I can see you are taking points from either side of the spectrum, the ICU supporters and TFG supporters, Xiin presents quite good conditions there the odds is against you, to think and create a point of convergence.. I will add these for the TFG side in your list..

Conditions for the TFG to share power, AFter ceasefire these conditions must be met:

1. All Violence to be renounced and stopped immediately materialise

2. Moqdishu residents should disarm or otherwise clan elders must promise and meet that not a single shot will be fired at the government and their allies - Untill National disarmement takes place in other areas.

3. Clan elders/representation rather than religious convictions (TFG's constitution was based on qabiil notable the 4.5 staff) thus reshambling things is big NO for the TFG cause it will mean a whole new system and new elections - unreasonable as things stand.

4.They Must understand that Mogadishu is no different than Baladwayne or Buurhakaba, drop that stubburn attitude and big headedness, as a result lessen their ambitious demands.

On the negotiating table:

Same as Xiin but I doubt the UIC will have a role as a group but it is possible to allow Sheikh Aways or Shariifka as a clan representor.

Baashi, the legitimacy of the TFG is not at question here however I shall propose nevertheless ‘mine’ or the governments conditions for sharing power with grieving clan that has lost it’s political voice and now tries to use violence and the name of the H-clan in vain to get their political voice back and to participate in the political process, which they feel ’left out’ from because of their backing of the wrong horse initially and siding therefore with the ‘losing’ side.

I propose:

1. The sub-clan allowing for the government to disarm them fully as they lost the war.

2. The sub-clan has to come in terms with, that their brethren of North Mogadishu are now in the driving seat in both of national and regional affairs because the sub-clan of Ali Mahdi and Prime minister Gheedi supported the TFG from its inception and is still supporting it.

3. The sub clan has to accept, that this time sadly they have lost out and therefore they can only sit back and await the coming national elections expected to be held in around 2009 inshallah. Therefore they have to accept the political reality on the ground and accept the current status quo and the ministerial posts allocated to them which is more than enough.

The Prime Minister position will not be vacated for them and thus they have to accept to play their role as now their brethren the residents of North Mogadishu have now the upper-hand and are dominating the political process and landscape both in national and regional terms.

The other thing is that their brethren from Cadaado have also the Interior Minister and also the brothers from Gelinsoor and Galkacyo are very much cared for. The boys from Guriceel with their allies have sadly to agree to that reality.

4. The extremist elements who are waging now a futile war from urban areas and who never ever brought anything good to society apart from further bloodshed together with their foreigners, who they share the same ideology with based on killing only and stubbornness have now vacated the city and this elements will not and cannot be talked to. Their extremism will not allow them to talk or negotiate with anyone so the best is to isolate them and they have been because they have vacated the city now. I view them as a minority because the most fighting is done and financed by the 'clan' and if they don't allow shelter than they're defeated.

5. The moderate elements of the ICU camp can and should be brought into the political process however and that I would very much welcome. This group best represents the agendas pursued by the misguided ‘would be jihadists’ and the ‘clan warriors fighting for a political voice and inclusion into the current political process.

They need to be condemned the people who are hehind the clan intifada that is, because they’re bargaining for a political voice and inclusion into the political process by actually fighting an merciless and brutal urban battle and warfare on top of their own people, who they pretend to represent their interests although they only represent the interests of a small elitist group from among that clan, that lost their political dominance, business monopoly and vital control over Mogadishu and Benadir district at large to their brethren in North Mogadishu plus add that on a national level they’re also represented by their brethren, that in itself brings real anger and frustration to the sub-clan behind the intifada.

Furthermore apart from business monopoly, lost of control of Mogadishu (Benadir) and lost of a political voice and being not included into the current political process and to add injury, their looted property is in danger as well at the proposed regional reconciliation conference which they want to prevent from happening plus add that the hated clan which they thought they had liberated themselves from are now as well on ‘top’ and their subsequent fear of them being ruled upon in their own ‘living room and house’ and also being made some kind of ‘second class citizen’ again.

However their hopes are unfounded and they themselves now it, but what they’re fighting for (the said sub clan that is) is that they want to get back their political voice, business monopoly and a say in Mogadishu and national affairs.

They want the PM position but that will not happen, whatever they do, even if they start another war. The reason being that whilst others backed the winning horse, they were leading and supporting the ‘wrong horse that ultimately lost out’ and now they have to accept and deal with the consequences.

So no PM position, no nothing for that sub-clan and they have and will be disarmed if not willingly/voluntarily than unwillingly and by force inshallah. The Guriceel sub-clan that is. This is the sub-clan that is grieving and that is shouting out the name of the H-clan in vain in order to protect their own interests.

The moderates of the ICU whoever they might be must and should be included into the government in order to create an inclusive and broad based government that appeals to all of us inshallah. As for the extremist elements, well what can I say?

Inshallah now I have corrected the minor mistakes in my proposal and you can now read it and challenge me onto it as I stand by it 100%.

This is my ultimate version and the previous one you read was not, so now this is the final one inshallah and no corrections or editing will be made to it.

Sakhar.

bambo   

Sergeant Sakhar ^^^^

Muqadishu is not divided at all , Ali mahadi tribe also took part of the fight againts Tigrey troops.

For example heavy fighing took place in Towfiiq , jidka fagax, Siinaay , suuq bacad second largest market in xamaar run by the abgala tribe was heavly bombed the entire 4days . all these district are North of Muqadishu .

Odayaash hawye are not againts TFG nor are they questning TFG legitimacy , There demand is not shady one , all they asking for is national disarment where by Puntland has to also disarm thats all sxbyaal .

Col Fartag and Barre hiirle set up camps and trained about 2 thousand mens from their subclans and named them national army , is that fair and honest disarment .

How dare you ask Hawye to disarm then ????????????????????????????????????????

^ You know full well that men from all clans are represented in the national army. I have an in-law wallahi cadiim from North Xamar who's own brother in law is in the armed forces.

Yesterday the man leading the blockade on Bakaraha Suuq was a man from dayniile.

If they feel under represented then they should take their grievances to Pres Yusuf and PM Geedi and the other leadership of the TFG, namely Interior minister Gacmodheere. But assasination attempts and further alienation is not going to get you anywhere bud.

^^Yeey and Geedi should be beneath the shoes of the largest tribe in Somalia!

with your little-dabo-dhilifness, you said a too big statement to resonnate in our ears for the next several days to come!!

force is what you know, and force is what we speak today to make you understand our flaming tongue!

me   

Originally posted by Alle-ubaahne:

Waad wareersantahay. War ninka mid yar u soo qabta, farastarayshankii baa waali isu badalay.

Originally posted by Alle-ubaahne:

FROM ISLAMISM TO TRIBALISM ,,,,,,,,,,, WHAT IS NEXT TOLOW ???

bambo   

Taako men sxb ,

Gacmodheere , Geedi , abdulahi Yusuf are all the same to me , i do believe if Puntland where to host icu or oppose TFG abdulahi likewise would have used Tigreyn force ,

abdulahi made xaamar a battle zone thats not need at all , business has stop , Tigreyans are shelling hospitals - also using hospitals as base to hide .

TFG is not in control of the Tigreyn force , Tigreyns generals are the new warlords in Muqadishu ,

What kind of army attacks then retreats to there base basical hit and run attacks . Why are they not potroling the streets intead of shelling the city from there bases , who are there enemy .

aint no one goin to listn abdulahi after what has happen in muqadishu last two weeks ,

Abdulahi Yusuf and TFG are responsible for the masscar of 300 rer muqadishu residents and th Collateral damage done to the city including , houses and market areas .