Sign in to follow this  
StarGazer

RIS-5 going strong!!!!TORONTO Dec.22-28

Ameen, Assalamu Alaikum,

You posed questions that seem to be very important to you. In my humble opinion, I don't think forum discussions can shed light to your question.Why don't you come to the retreat, the scholars will break it down 4 you........they'll have a field day with you ;) jk. This is why I believe we should all reconnect with the scholars of Islam, the inheritors of the Prophet, s.a.w.

Khalaf, I understand your confusion about our Ummah, these are difficult times for us all. We should have hope...........I think the more we go back to the sources, our perceptions sharpen and we will see the light at the end of the tunnel.

***will write more later, Insha Allah.

Ameen   

Assalam

A field day with me eh?

Well, in that case I better bring a clear mind and an open heart, not to mention a paper and a pen, so I can benefit from the knowledge of those who live in my time. By the way, is the retreat after the actual conference? Is the concert that they hold apart of the retreat?

Your brother in Islam

And Allah knows best

Ameen,

Last year, they held the concert on a Monday during the first part of the day, and registration for the retreat (another location) opened early evening.

Come, you won't regret it! A little pricey, but it's all worth it in the end.

Wa salaam.

Khayr   

Originally posted by Ameen:

One more thing, is it more correct to say that Islam is a religion of equality or a religion of justice?

And Allah knows best

The above phrases are oxymorons because Islam is not a religion of equality if by equality we mean men and women are equal, the scholar is equal to the peasant etc...

Islam is not a religion of justice if by justice we define and equate with sentimental correctness. That is, something is define as JUST when it FEELS right to us. So a prerequiste for JUSTICE becomes SENTIMENT. If has to FEEL RIGHT, to be called JUSTICE. i.e. It is not Just to stone an adulterer or that nonmuslims be treated differently in Islam. These are echoes of modern sentiments. Allah is JUST (AL ADL) and that userbs and surpasses our rational faculties. i.e. the story of Khidr and Musa and the slaying of the child-in the quran.

Ameen   

Well the short answer to your comment Khayr is that, Islam is a religion of equality, that's of course if your examining from the rewards aspect. A man and a women get rewarded equally for the action that is equal in sencerity and thats because Allah is Just, and the religion of Allah is Just. But from what I read, it is more correct to say the religion is a religion of Justice. It seems like the words "justice" and "equality" are words that seem simple to understand, but many people view them from different angles, and depending on the angle you prefer, your answer may be correct.

And Allah knows best

Haneefah   

Assalamu Calaykum ya jamaaca,

Indeed, it is the time of the year for the amazing annual shot of spiritual boost...though the incredible inspirations and knowledge imparted from the previous ones only keep adding to our spiritual journeys year after year (for most of us, I hope).

I'm looking very much forward to it, especially the Knowledge Retreat! I found last year's to be extremely beneficial, I loved its pragmatic and solution-oriented approach to current issues facing Muslims in the West. Not to mention how the environment was extremely conducive to learning and concentrating, very helpful for those sincere students who were hungry for knowledge and very well prepared to reflect. I'm hoping this one will equally exceed our expectations and prove to be even more beneficial as it will probably incorporate more of the seerah, Insha'Allah.

As it looks, I will most likely miss the actual conference, just because I've been through a car accident a while ago and I'm just not in the best shape to be able to withstand such an exhausting schedule. But alhamdulilah, I will focus on the Retreat this Year Insha'Allah.

Anyways, Tami dear, I miss you girls...looking forward to catch up with you all soon smile.gif

Ilhaam, I hope you're done with those papers hon , I'll give you a call some time Insha'Allah. ;)

Let's start countdown!!! *6days*

Aaliyah, did you decide to volunteer? you get perks 4 that. yet, I saw some volunteers slacking off over the years, using their badge to pretty much get in!

let's spread the good news folks!

Aaliyyah   

Tami sis I wanted to volunteer, and I actually got an email from them inviting me for a meeting that was taken place this weekend. There were two meetings taking place @ UFT. . However, I was working yesterday (I couldnt get sometime off) and today I had to stay in to study for my exam. I will see if they have spot for me, if not then that is fine, I will just attend the conference.

Wa Salaaam

Miriam1   

Hey Guys, Just finished with all the exams. Inshallah this year is going to be amazing, just checked out the site, and guess who is coming EHAB TAWFIQ !! for all those who listen to arabic songs..I knw u got a little heartattack here...this guy's voice is just so good.

hodman   

Originally posted by Haneefah:

[As it looks, I will most likely miss the actual conference, just because I've been through a car accident a while ago and I'm just not in the best shape to be able to withstand such an exhausting schedule. But alhamdulilah, I will focus on the Retreat this Year Insha'Allah.

Insha'Allah.
;)
[/QB]

May Allah restore your good health sister

Aaliyyah   

oo my god r u serious Ehab Tawfiik is coming..my heart almost stopped icon_razz.gif

anyways it is tomorrow ama count the hours lol..tick tick daam aint it friday yet? . :confused:

wa salaamu alaikum

p.s. May allah bless everyone who contributed to this conference. Allh YAJZIIKUM.

Ameen   

I must be in a dream. I haven't felt a buzz in the city (like the one we are experiencing about the RIS) since the Raptors beat the Knicks in game five of their '03 playoff run. When its all said and done...all Im left to say is....why not? Why shouldnt there be a buzz? I wonder tho, will the muslims of our city be as enthusiastic if lets say, ummm...that Mayor Miller loses his next election and that post is taken over by a Muslim (maybe even a somali muslim). Well I guess we will have to wait and see. I hope everyone that attends the event the best of wishes and may Allah answer all your dou'aas, Ameen.

And Allah knows best.