Sign in to follow this  
Castro

US Air Force Bombs Southern Somalia Using AC-130 Gunships

Originally posted by General Duke:

Stoic, the TFG is here to stay, it represents all Somali's.

Aisha Yusuf wasn’t elected in any popular election but rather a transitional parliament in Kenya. Apart from this it that the transitional government that he was elected by was never actually been elected by the people either. So the only person this puppet regime represents is you and your ilk.

So stop spreading lies and propaganda...Soon the TFG will be shown the Door. Yusuf should burn in hell, insha'allah he will.

Originally posted by mystic:

quote:Originally posted by General Duke:

Stoic, the TFG is here to stay, it represents all Somali's.

Aisha Yusuf wasn’t elected in any popular election but rather a transitional parliament in Kenya. Apart from this it that the transitional government that he was elected by was never actually been elected by the people either. So the only person this puppet regime represents is you and your ilk.

So stop spreading lies and propaganda...Soon the TFG will be shown the Door. Yusuf should burn in hell, insha'allah he will.
I am sure General Duke is more despicable than Abdullahi Yuusuf, because what makes that old man look venom is their support that depicts him very negatively with diin-ka-baxnimada ay meel walba la taagan yihiin!

Castro   

Originally posted by -Serenity-:

And to add injury to insult, all the news channels kept making references to al-qaeda in Somalia being the reason. What happened to decent and honest journalism? Can we blv anything these days?

Usually no. And in this case, definitely no. Here's some questions you should ask yourself. These 3 "Al-Qaeda" men have allegedly been in Somalia since before the 1998 embassy bombings, at least 8 years. If that's the case, then, first, what intelligence does the US have now (knowing that the ICU only controlled Southern Somalia for only 6 months of those 8 years) that they didn't have at any other point in those 8 years. Remember, Southern Somalia during most of that time was ruled by warlords many of whom were paid by the CIA.

Second, assuming this new evidence has presented itself in the window of opportunity created by the Ethiopian invasion, why not use the Ethiopians (who are already on the ground) to come in and kill or arrest these guys?

Third, using an AC-130, a hammer, to kill a fly, the terrorists, would seem extreme overkill, wouldn't you say? Using that type of plane means there really was no pinpoint knowledge of the whereabouts of the alleged terrorists as the plane must spend time traveling from Djibouti to Southern Somalia. And even if there was solid evidence of their whereabouts that night (and it was the middle of the night when this occurred) they must shoot at and mow down anyone moving around in that area no matter the reason they were moving around.

Finally, the alleged predator drones (the unmanned aerial vehicles) that was tracking the men could have easily been tracking anyone else for there's no way they could do facial recognition from any decent altitude without being sighted. But even if the predator drones already knew who and where the men being tracked were, why didn't it fire missiles at them and kill them instead of dispatching an entire AC-130 all the way from Djibouti to carpet bomb the area? If there was ground intelligence (in the form of paid Somalis or Special Ops personnel) why didn't those get the job done?

Do you wanna know why all these massive raids occurred? It's because the Ethiopians met stiffer than expected opposition and may even have been suffering too many casualties to continue the fight. The US was not going to be embarrassed after all the political cover they gave the Ethiopians. No way, no how. And most of all, the US public had to be reminded about the never-ending "war on terror" who's focal point will be receiving a boost of up to 40,000 troops to be announced Wednesday.

I hope this helps.

Originally posted by Castro:

quote:Originally posted by -Serenity-:

And to add injury to insult, all the news channels kept making references to al-qaeda in Somalia being the reason. What happened to decent and honest journalism? Can we blv anything these days?

Usually no. And in this case, definitely no. Here's some questions you should ask yourself. These 3 "Al-Qaeda" men have allegedly been in Somalia since
before the 1998 embassy bombings, at least 8 years. If that's the case, then, first, what intelligence does the US have now (knowing that the ICU only controlled Southern Somalia for only 6 months of those 8 years) that they didn't have at any other point in those 8 years. Remember, Southern Somalia during most of that time was ruled by warlords many of whom were paid by the CIA.

Second, assuming this new evidence has presented itself in the window of opportunity created by the Ethiopian invasion, why not use the Ethiopians (who are already on the ground) to come in and kill or arrest these guys?

Third, using an AC-130, a hammer, to kill a fly, the terrorists, would seem extreme overkill, wouldn't you say? Using that type of plane means there really was no pinpoint knowledge of the whereabouts of the alleged terrorists as the plane must spend time traveling from Djibouti to Southern Somalia. And even if there was solid evidence of their whereabouts that night (and it was the middle of the night when this occurred) they must shoot at and mow down anyone moving around in that area no matter the reason they were moving around.

Finally, the alleged predator drones (the unmanned aerial vehicles) that was tracking the men could have easily been tracking anyone else for there's no way they could do facial recognition from any decent altitude without being sighted. But even if the predator drones already knew who and where the men being tracked were, why didn't it fire missiles at them and kill them instead of dispatching an entire AC-130 all the way from Djibouti to carpet bomb the area? If there was ground intelligence (in the form of paid Somalis or Special Ops personnel) why didn't those get the job done?

Do you wanna know why all these massive raids occurred? It's because the Ethiopians met stiffer than expected opposition and may even have been suffering too many casualties to continue the fight. The US was not going to be embarrassed after all the political cover they gave the Ethiopians. No way, no how. And most of all, the US public had to be reminded about the never-ending "war on terror" who's focal point will be receiving a boost of up to 40,000 troops to be announced Wednesday.

I hope this helps.
Castro ,brother, I sometimes cannot believe my eyes. Our own countrymen continue to sound more and more like the neo-conservatives justifying the invasion of Iraq and their hapless policies throughtout the world. I find it very unsettling that many foreigners with no connection to our country are denouncing these hideous unprovoked actions, while Somalis are somehow justifying them. The power of qabil is an extraordinary thing,is it not my friend?

Castro   

^ I dunno saaxib if Qabiil alone can explain it all. I'm not a social or political scientist and I'm baffled by many of the same questions that you have. Qabiil is powerful but probably not as powerful as ignorance or greed. Some years ago I read a book on psychology that talked about our innate empathy with the suffering of fellow man. Somewhere along the line, due to nurture, I suspect, we lose some of that empathy and find the suffering of others acceptable as long as the goal is "worthy". The degree to which empathy is lost and the worthiness of the goal are subjective matters that vary from person to person.

Who knows, saaxib. Maybe A/Y is a good Muslim who's completely misunderstood. May be he's really trying to rebuild this broken nation using any tools at his disposal. It's improbable but not impossible.

N.O.R.F   

Khalaf, a good reminder to take nto account. Thanks

I'm speachless at the response from some. If their true colours are not know today i will be surprised. But where are the others? The other cheerleaders are a little quiet dont you think? Come out of the closet and comment ye Sky, Allmagan et al!